2024 NRL General Discussion Thread

This is a line in the sand moment where wealth was chosen over integrity in what is supposed to be a professional sport. Goodbye to what small semblance of parity and fairness was left in the game, as if we already didn't know, the NRL says **** what is right for the sport, let's just bend over to whatever makes us the most money.

I am as big a Storm hater as anyone, but the 3 Melbourne boys podcast where they got Bellyache on was a really good listen. I'd say worth if for any league head.

Bloke is a hell of a coach.

This is a line in the sand moment where wealth was chosen over integrity in what is supposed to be a professional sport. Goodbye to what small semblance of parity and fairness was left in the game, as if we already didn't know, the NRL says **** what is right for the sport, let's just bend over to whatever makes us the most money.

What exactly about anything Vlandys has done up to this point made you think otherwise about him doing anything for money?

This is about China, not footy.

Anyone know what this is all about?
View attachment 29644
So they've fined them and then just suspended it for 2yr... so basically they've done absolutely nothing?? and then dargons have 5 days to respond... to fucking what??

NRL: "Do you guys promise not to renege on a player if they pick up an injury before they've signed?"
Dargons: "Uhhh I guess so.... why are we here again??"
NRL: "Because we might fine you a pitiful amount if you ever do it again"

The amount is laughable as well... I think JWH and NAS have been fined more over the last 2 years

I've drooled over Enter Sandman at Virginia Tech games for years. The Hokies have been entering the stadium to it for over 20 years, and its yet to be copied in Australia to the best of my knowledge.

What do we get?
The guy on the PA sounding like an idiot that has zero sense of timing trying to get the crowd going ... Broncos ... Broncos ... Broncos. So stupid, cringe.
Then we have that rubbish Chelsea Dagger that is just lame with everybody doing that ridiculous dance, instead of being able to see replays of the previous play which is often important.
And if we haven't all already puked up our overpriced and terrible food, "We're the Broncos" at the end if we win. Please.

We've had 2 season tickets for nearly 30 years. The best seats. Most of the time I don't even want to go any more. The above just ruins it for me.

Do yourself a favor and watch the closing stages of Virginia Tech vs Miami 2011. Its a 28 min youtube video. Spine tingling stuff.

Oink!

The DJ is also fucking terrible, this season especially. The music they play is the absolute worst eshay bullshit you can imagine. And when they play a hiphop song that doesn't suck it's 'Hit em Up' by Tupac and they have to beep out 9/14 words anyway. The game day experience absolutely sucks.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • Pigskin
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Rambstien
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.