2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I love how the Titans basically just accepted him back no questions asked. As for Fifita he has basically made himself a pretty bad enemy in Politis. He wont forget this
Can't say I'm shocked, Titans aren't a side that can let their topline players go and expect similar players come running to the club.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Hard for anyone to argue that based on all the evidence we have seen from Fifita that he is a pretty low character guy.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Token offer there is no where he fits in the tigers side even with a functioning acl and outside of injuries and benji going full diminished capacity he doesn't crack the side imo.

Give him till the end of this season and see what`s up .
When he`s fully fit he`s a handy player .

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 13, 2017
Give him till the end of this season and see what`s up .
When he`s fully fit he`s a handy player .
I just don't see him getting a game outside injuries they are well serviced in the outside backs 1 6 7 9 is out of the question imo they seem to be all in on that young bloke Galvin or w/e his name is 14 maybe? Not sure who is the reg 14 for the tigpies

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I just don't see him getting a game outside injuries they are well serviced in the outside backs 1 6 7 9 is out of the question imo they seem to be all in on that young bloke Galvin or w/e his name is 14 maybe? Not sure who is the reg 14 for the tigpies

If Galvin continues on his current trajectory, expect him to be at the Chickens next year.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I love how the Titans basically just accepted him back no questions asked. As for Fifita he has basically made himself a pretty bad enemy in Politis. He wont forget this

What does that matter though really? What does Politis have to do with the Good Coast?

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
What does that matter though really? What does Politis have to do with the Good Coast?
If he has done this to the Roosters now you can bet Politis will take it out on anyone connected to Fifita plus his reputation will have been severely trashed which at the moment is ok but when he comes to negotiate his next contract, I doubt many clubs will be taking him at face value. Might make it hard for him to test the open market in the future

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
He called them up last night saying he's having doubts and Roosters pulled the offer this morning.

I imagine it was possibly an easy out for them as well tbh. The Crichton and Sitili situations would have also played a part...I know it's the Roosters but I can't imagine it would have gone down too well with the playing group.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Politis has a lot of power in the NRL.

Politis has a lot of power in Sydney and with certain morons running the show but so what? If Fifita wants to stay in Qld for the rest of his career, which seems pretty obvious, Politis can't do anything.

I am loving seeing the Roosters Keep missing out on big names. As things stand, 2025 looks rough for them.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Politis has a lot of power in Sydney and with certain morons running the show but so what? If Fifita wants to stay in Qld for the rest of his career, which seems pretty obvious, Politis can't do anything.

I am loving seeing the Roosters Keep missing out on big names. As things stand, 2025 looks rough for them.
The more targets they miss the harder they will come for our players.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I imagine it was possibly an easy out for them as well tbh. The Crichton and Sitili situations would have also played a part...I know it's the Roosters but I can't imagine it would have gone down too well with the playing group.

Yeah the whole situation with Crichton and according to Crichton no one at the club has even talked to him yet about a contract, then they go and sign Fifita. I think that would have ruffled some feathers.

I was surprised Roosters even signed Fifita in the first place. Roosters expect their players to do those effort plays and they expect them to do it consistently, that's not Fifita.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yeah the whole situation with Crichton and according to Crichton no one at the club has even talked to him yet about a contract, then they go and sign Fifita. I think that would have ruffled some feathers.

I was surprised Roosters even signed Fifita in the first place. Roosters expect their players to do those effort plays and they expect them to do it consistently, that's not Fifita.

It isn't B.Smith either but they signed him.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Sounds more to me like Fifita's management expressed some doubts, maybe trying to get the rorters to stump up more cash and they just pulled the offer.
Ultimately it would seem that Gordon Tallis was right haha

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Cavalo
  • broncos4life
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MrMoore
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.