2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Rugby League Guru saying he’s got mail that Dragons will sign Schuster and release Ben Hunt to fit him under the cap. Hunt was spotted in Sydney coming from Brisbane recently and rumours are starting despite him and his partner having family in QLD.

I hope it’s true. I really do. That would be such a Dragons thing to do. Offload their best player for an overhyped lazy flop.

By all reports Hunt has backflipped on wanting to return to QLD and wants to re-sign with the Dragons.

meanwhile WWOS published an article saying that Hunt had backflipped on his desire to leave the Dragons

I don't believe for a second that Hunt still wants to stay at the Dragons long term. It would be further infuriating for Hunt knowing Lomax got his contract terminated on his said wish. I wouldn't be shocked if there was a reaction from Hunt over this.

I don't believe for a second that Hunt still wants to stay at the Dragons long term. It would be further infuriating for Hunt knowing Lomax got his contract terminated on his said wish. I wouldn't be shocked if there was a reaction from Hunt over this.
Given that Hunt was initially looking to sign with the Titans, suddenly staying at the Dragons probably doesn't seem so bad to him anymore haha.

Keep in mind Broncos fans, the Roosters will lose players this year. Given that each player gets a sudden 3x bump in their salary as they exit….

I’m predicting they will have anywhere between, oooh I don’t know, let’s say $6-8M in the cap…

Lindsey Collins just re-signed for 150K per year and a Chicken Parmi after each game. When he eventually leaves?! $1.5M per annum minimum

Keep in mind Broncos fans, the Roosters will lose players this year. Given that each player gets a sudden 3x bump in their salary as they exit….

I’m predicting they will have anywhere between, oooh I don’t know, let’s say $6-8M in the cap…

Lindsey Collins just re-signed for 150K per year and a Chicken Parmi after each game. When he eventually leaves?! $1.5M per annum minimum
Yeah unfortunately for the Roosters, Collins really bent their cap out of shape. I have it in good authority that the Roosters wanted to only pay him $125K per year, plus a meat pie after each game. However, Collins' manager argued that they were not happy with the deal given that Collins was missing a couple of teeth up front.

Of course the Roosters didn't want to lose Collins so they had to significantly up their offer to keep him at the club, plus they threw in a chicken parmi to get the deal over the line. This likely means they'll now only be able to sign Cleary, Ponga, Cobbo, Haas, Fisher-Harris and Fifita, while missing out on Fletcher Baker, Thomas Jenkins, Tanah Boyd and Gehamat Shibasaki.

Yeah unfortunately for the Roosters, Collins really bent their cap out of shape. I have it in good authority that the Roosters wanted to only pay him $125K per year, plus a meat pie after each game. However, Collins' manager argued that they were not happy with the deal given that Collins was missing a couple of teeth up front.

Of course the Roosters didn't want to lose Collins so they had to significantly up their offer to keep him at the club, plus they threw in a chicken parmi to get the deal over the line. This likely means they'll now only be able to sign Cleary, Ponga, Cobbo, Haas, Fisher-Harris and Fifita, while missing out on Fletcher Baker, Thomas Jenkins, Tanah Boyd and Gehamat Shibasaki.
Correct. Also those players are like for like.
Everyone signs there for minimum wage due to “culture”.

Yep Manu and Suaalii going opens up 10.5 million dollars, especially because that Wallabies bloke is coming in on $5 a game.
I thought Jorgensen opted to stay in union?

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • MrRobot
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.