2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
@JayPee will be happy
Chad was off contract anyway I think... had the same contract length as Reynolds, but we extended Reyno for a year... I guess it does confirm that one of the golf clique is out the door though.

I wonder if Rorters might eye off Val with one of his mates heading there 🤔🤔

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
My issue is that they will be getting a player beyond June 30... how late in the season are they still able to make roster movements.

It's the typical pandering to Uncle Nick... comp is tainted with the NSWRL influence

That's not the issue, his contract was lodged before June 30, the problem is they've never allowed you to play Rugby and NRL at the same time.

He is going to Paris at the same time as having an NRL contract.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
That's not the issue, his contract was lodged before June 30, the problem is they've never allowed you to play Rugby and NRL at the same time.

He is going to Paris at the same time as having an NRL contract.
Off season trips to Japanese Rugby on the cards... Joey Manu may as well re-sign with rorters now under this new rule.

Wallabies might be cheering with this rule... you don't have to leave NRL, but did you want to moonlight with the ARU in your time off and get double pay 🤔🤔

Can very much see this being a one off "for the fans" though

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Off season trips to Japanese Rugby on the cards... Joey Manu may as well re-sign with rorters now under this new rule

They've covered that by saying he hasn't played League before and can't play 7's again during his Roosters deal.

I think if he wants to go to the Olympics that's great and fair enough, but you can't use the NRL as your back up plan for 2024. He's brought forward his League deal because he didn't make the Wallabies tour.

Let's be honest too, he probably comes back and plays a month of Cup if he's lucky. So I don't think it impacts anyone too much.

But I just don't like the attitude of I want to play for the Wallabies but now I will go to League but not for this two weeks because I will be in Paris.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
HE was close to signing an extension at the Cowboys earlier in the year. Wonder what happened?

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
I presume he is going to slot right in for the Roosters as the 7 and Walker play 6. I can't think of anybody else they have next year to play in the halves with walker.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Going to have to get something done with him. I have liked what I have seen since he has came back.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Going to have to get something done with him. I have liked what I have seen since he has came back.

Who would you go with - Clifford of Duffy? Duffy has apparently been going great in Cup but Clifford is really underrated.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
why the **** would the Roosters sign him.

He was a panic buy from The Cowboys after the missed Reynolds. and he hasn't been that good for them
I suppose for depth.
The bigger issue for me is what money will he be on? He was on fairly big money with the cows (around 750k I believe) if the rorters only sign him for chump change then that is clearly a rort which the NRL should not entertain. (but probably will knowing uncle nicks pull).

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Who would you go with - Clifford of Duffy? Duffy has apparently been going great in Cup but Clifford is really underrated.
I haven't seen enough of Duffy to really judge. They reckon he is decent though. I guess whoever wins it in preseason.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I haven't seen enough of Duffy to really judge. They reckon he is decent though. I guess whoever wins it in preseason.

I'd be happy for us to take Clifford off your hands. Your team looks like it has a pretty promising few years coming up if you keep the key gun kids coming through like Purdue, Shibasaki, etc.

Unread

Active Now

• Dexter
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Spooky1013
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • lynx000
  • phoenix
  • Aldo
  • Justwin
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Seibs
  • Old Mate
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.