Q-CUP 2024 Queensland Cup Discussion

I can't say I noticed Semu's defence. The only moment that comes to mind was the lead-up to Laybutt's try when Tovo made half a break and Semu came into assist Tempest.

Which he should have done considering he's the one who put them under pressure with a bad knock on.

Otherwise the Magpies had all the ball during his second stint. His carries off the kick-off were strong and he did a good job of setting the tone but once Townsville were able to get through their sets, it was all over.

I noticed another Mal Meninga Cup player made a cameo yesterday in Dirhys Sefo. Does he have any NRL affiliation, or was Karmichael light on troops?

Hunt light on, needed another debut.

Duffy has been sensational this year and has to be up there in the Petero Medal.

Off contract end of 25, he has to be a target Nov 1.

Played 38 Cup games now, Pride top of the table, about to play finals for the first time turned 21 so not so young you have to wait for him.

The Pride's first try on Saturday, he's behind the ruck on the right, then scoots over to the left then comes back to the right. That movement alone tells me he's thinking about things and looking.

His try involvements are up from 10 in 20 games in 23 to 24 in 18 games in 24.

Third try he is just playing with Toowoomba, switching sides and they're watching him meanwhile Bitungane scores under the posts without Duffy even touching the ball he's involved in the try.

Chester makes a break and doesn't give it on the inside to Duffy, goes himself and doesn't score from the PTB Duffy knows has to be space looks up and throws the pass to an unmarked winger.

I don't know if his improvement is Smith, Pride or Clifford but it's working this year.

Saturday will be a re-match of the 2022 Colts Grand Final, Blackhawks v Dolphins.

Duffy v Hunter.

Duffy has been sensational this year and has to be up there in the Petero Medal.

Off contract end of 25, he has to be a target Nov 1.

Played 38 Cup games now, Pride top of the table, about to play finals for the first time turned 21 so not so young you have to wait for him.

The Pride's first try on Saturday, he's behind the ruck on the right, then scoots over to the left then comes back to the right. That movement alone tells me he's thinking about things and looking.

His try involvements are up from 10 in 20 games in 23 to 24 in 18 games in 24.

Third try he is just playing with Toowoomba, switching sides and they're watching him meanwhile Bitungane scores under the posts without Duffy even touching the ball he's involved in the try.

Chester makes a break and doesn't give it on the inside to Duffy, goes himself and doesn't score from the PTB Duffy knows has to be space looks up and throws the pass to an unmarked winger.

I don't know if his improvement is Smith, Pride or Clifford but it's working this year.
Hopefully he is someone the Broncos are looking at.

Saxon Innes on Cup debut for the Bears, didn't get too much of a chance to show his speed in 24 minutes off the bench. Strange choice to bench him.

Bryce was the replacement on the bench too.

Saxon Innes on Cup debut for the Bears, didn't get too much of a chance to show his speed in 24 minutes off the bench. Strange choice to bench him.

Bryce was the replacement on the bench too.
Can someone fucking sign 1910 up as the Broncos talent scout already.

Falcons just hustling and defending like champions. Pride can't get out of their end and Clifford and Duffy having to kick from near their own line.

Falcons try was a beautiful worked scrum move.

Duffy and Clifford combine on the right for the Pride to get back some momentum.

Beautiful pass and timed run to score.

No Allen yet.

All equal at half time with 34% of the ball, Wynnum should be delirious with that outcome because they have been struggling to get the ball.

Thought Allen yesterday was great in a short debut, made ground and was aggressive mixing it with the men.

14 minutes
4 runs
38m
3 tackles
0 missed

Took four to put him down, not much more you can do in 14 minutes and Wynnum scored twice on the back of his work and PTB.

Fuller on Saturday night v Jets.

80 minutes
two tries
235m
4-line breaks
1 try assist
9 tackle breaks.

The first try he pushed off two forwards, it was terrible defence from the Jets.

If he stays in Cup or the rest of the year what a weapon for Dolphins coming into finals, he's only played 8 games this year.

Duffy finished against the Falcons with four try assists, a line break, two-line break assists.

After a very slow first 20 minutes.

He now leads the comp with 28 try assists, most points and most goals.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • scobie
  • Lurker
  • Jedhead
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Old Mate
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.