Q-CUP 2024 Queensland Cup Discussion

Black, he’s gone a week longer than last year so that’s a hurdle overcome but Warren Ryan used to say he wants the half that is always on the screen and for me that continues to be Black’s weakness, he’s happy kicking out of the right hand corner particularly bombs and linking up.

In one way he knows his strengths and knows he has fast big outside backs so just moves it on but sometimes I think mate be a little selfish.

He reminds me of Dearden at the same stage. Very conservative.

Bears up 28-6 on Saturday and get a penalty right in front 25 out. I thought go end the game- he took the two. Didn’t even consider anything else.

Dolphins in two weeks.

Going to be interesting who handles the break and maintains momentum. They’re both in great form.

Biggest disappointment is Redcliffe, playing at home and chance of a home final and they were just completely out enthused. Beaten to kicks stands out to me.
A bit ordinary that 2 Gold Coast sides need to go to Redcliffe to play the game. Be better if they opened up the Titans Stadium for the match

Dolphins v Bears in Cup so the Meninga guys can play and win at Redcliffe and watch Cup. Thats a good club day.

Dolphins v Bears in Cup so the Meninga guys can play and win at Redcliffe and watch Cup. Thats a good club day.
reckon it'll be a great atmosphere. They'll probably need to sell tickets before the game as it could sell out

Baker was pretty simple, Souths kept letting Toowoomba back into it and he kept fronting up to fix it. They are a middle third team so he seemed to make plenty of tackles and made ground. When he was gassed he made a handling error and gave away penalties.

If Hunt can have Baker and Te Kura as his starting front row for a few weeks they will win some games in a row.

Baker covered for Te Kura a bit who seemed off, he might be getting tired- work rate was well down and he just plodded along- two handling errors too.
Did you watch the game? Te Kura was the best prop on the field, work rate was best I’ve seen this year from him. One error was a poor pass from mozer to the ground and there was no second error. Te kura left the field after receiving a hip drop and did not return to the field. Please don’t look at stats and think they tell the story of the game…

Did you watch the game? Te Kura was the best prop on the field, work rate was best I’ve seen this year from him. One error was a poor pass from mozer to the ground and there was no second error. Te kura left the field after receiving a hip drop and did not return to the field. Please don’t look at stats and think they tell the story of the game…

He dropped the kick off after Periera’s first try and five minutes later dropped a pass from Mozer.

Also out for eight weeks- not himself and work rate down seem pretty sound observation.

He dropped the kick off after Periera’s first try and five minutes later dropped a pass from Mozer.

Also out for eight weeks- not himself and work rate down seem pretty sound observation.

Injured and drops the ball all the time? Sign him up!

Baker dropped the kick off after Pereira’s first try. Work rate was not down. That was an error from qrl stats but just goes to show u looked at the stats and made a poor assumption. U also would’ve seen the pass from mozer was to the ground and 5 metres out in front of him

A few injury woes for South’s Logan now. I guess they might have TPJ to replace Te Kura

Petero Civoniceva Medal standings after Round 9​

NameTeamPoints
Tristan SailorSouths Logan Magpies11
Gerome BurnsNorths Devils10
Sam CosterBurleigh Bears8
Tom DuffyNorthern Pride8
Cody HunterSunshine Coast Falcons8
Jesse JenningsCentral Queensland Capras8
Matt WrightTownsville Blackhawks8
Trai FullerRedcliffe Dolphins7
Sanny WaboPNG Hunters7

Active Now

• Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.