Fullback
Cobbo, Walsh, Arthars,

Centre
Staggs, Mariner, Arthars, Cobbo, Hoeter

Wing
Cobbo, Arthars, Leota, Hoeter

ETHNO MAP

QLD
Ben Te Kura, Billy Walters, Blake Mozer, Brendan Piakura, Coby Black, Corey Jensen, Corey Oates, Cory Paix, Delouise Hoeter, Ezra Mam, Israel Leota, Jack Gosiewski, Jaiyden Hunt, Josh Rogers, Kobe Hetherington, Patrick Carrigan, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo, Tyson Smoothy

NZ
Deine Mariner, Brendan Piakura, Jesse Arthars, Jordan Riki, Xavier Willison, Marty Taupau

NSW
Adam Reynolds, Fletcher Baker, Jock Madden, Kotoni Staggs, Payne Haas

Indigenous
Ezra Mam, Jordan Riki, Kotoni Staggs, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo

Tonga
Kotoni Staggs, Delouise Hoeter,

Samoa
Jesse Arthars, Payne Haas, Marty Taupau

Cook Islands
Brendan Piakura, Xavier Willison

If, as many of us expect, it becomes clear that Rogers is the superior option, I think the club should let Madden walk and maybe Black could be that guy next year playing 2 games.

Sailor should be under similar scrutiny. We need a bench utility who can play 2nd row and centre more than we need a backup fullback.

Superior option ??
Small sample size , but no . Two things Jock does better . Run with the ball and tackles on his own line . Kicking I think Madden has an edge as well .
Speaking of , how much longer will he be out ?

I'd consider Rodgers a better defender and better at kicking the ball, than Madden.

He got shrugged off a cpl of times the last time he played that led directly to tries. Looked pretty feeble .

Broncos were such a good team before because we had a team of players who cared more about the club and not about taking the Broncos for as much as they can get it. We need loyal players, that will take unders and think about the club.

Broncos were such a good team before because we had a team of players who cared more about the club and not about taking the Broncos for as much as they can get it. We need loyal players, that will take unders and think about the club.

Like Billy Walters?

I agree.

Back in the day, they would stay for less. They would stay for less to live in Brisbane as well as play for the Broncos. There's a couple more options now to get a NRL contract outside of the Broncs and still be able to live in Brisbane/Queensland.

If Kevie and management were able to sit down with the playing group and say....alright boys how are we going to divy this up. We've only got X amount of $ to spend. I wonder if all the players would even agree to talk turkey in front of each other?

Like Billy Walters?

I agree.

Billy would
Patty
Reece
Arey (coaching deal incentive)

...would be others, surely.

Only one thing that stands in the way in all this theorising......

Grubby shunt player managers..... the scourge of modern day RL.

I thought you might allude to that......and you're right.
but
that's one game and not that I have a huge pool to draw from,
but
his last game
is the worst game
I've watched him play.
Not an anamoly unfortunately.

He's played worse in Cup this year.

I kind of agree, but back in the day almost the entire team was representative calibre players as well, be it mostly for QLD or NSW.

This is why I think we should look more at bringing in England internationals where it is possible to do so, and make Origin less of a hindrance overall for the club's season.

If we can find an English half capable of adapting to the NRL first team, structurally we would be in a better place imo.

I kind of agree, but back in the day almost the entire team was representative calibre players as well, be it mostly for QLD or NSW.

This is why I think we should look more at bringing in England internationals where it is possible to do so, and make Origin less of a hindrance overall for the club's season.

If we can find an English half capable of adapting to the NRL first team, structurally we would be in a better place imo.
We just had players who were loyal to the club and would take less to keep the side together. Rather than players making our club overpay them to keep them. English players could be a good option and definitely work a look.

We just had players who were loyal to the club and would take less to keep the side together. Rather than players making our club overpay them to keep them. English players could be a good option and definitely work a look.
Didn't we have the thorough beds looking after these players taking less to stay at the club?

We just had players who were loyal to the club and would take less to keep the side together.

You don`t think there were 3rd party deals that topped up the contracts ??
Or promises of jobs after your career where you didn`t actually do any work ?

I'd consider Rodgers a better defender and better at kicking the ball, than Madden.
I would consider both not good enough.

Rodgers might be able to fix his error rate with more game familiarity but he is limited in skill, best case scenario a decent backup half us(which he isn't yet but what we ideally need frm him).

Madden showed at times he has a very high level boot on him and running game but he seems to be weak mentally and goes missing when the chips are down and his whole game falls off a cliff, not something you want from a position that especially steers the ship of the team.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Jedhead
  • winslow_wong
  • davidp
  • Manofoneway
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.