2024 State of Origin discussion

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Defensively Holmes can be absolutely putrid. Cobbo has been much better defensively than expected. I wouldn't be against them both in the side, and they're both excellent wingers. I don't know if Billy can make a wrong decision when picking 2 from Cobbo/Holmes/Taulagi.

F

Footy Fanatic

NRL Player
Dec 12, 2018
Holmes hasn't been good for a couple of years now at club level.

For me he should only be competing for a wing spot with Coates, no way he should be playing centre over Cobbo or Hammer.

T

The Boss

NYC Player
Feb 15, 2016
Hynes hampered by calf injury may not play. Nsw will have top 4 halfbacks unavailable. Maybe Isaiya Katoa

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
The outrageous amount of injuries being copped by all teams throughout this season points to this years origin series being casualty mayhem.

We will owe the footy gods a massive favour if we are lucky enough to get all our boys back in one piece. But being realistic I have to say I doubt it very much.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I actually think with all these injuries that Origin shapes up to be one of the more exciting series. New guys will need to step up and show us what they’re made of.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The outrageous amount of injuries being copped by all teams throughout this season points to this years origin series being casualty mayhem.

We will owe the footy gods a massive favour if we are lucky enough to get all our boys back in one piece. But being realistic I have to say I doubt it very much.

Yes a game that is already too fast being played even faster...what could go wrong?

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Yes a game that is already too fast being played even faster...what could go wrong?
You get where I'm coming from Sproji. I fear for the carnage that is waiting to unfold this series I really do.
This is the first time since following the Broncos since inception that I am hoping the least amount of our boys get picked.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Hynes hampered by calf injury may not play. Nsw will have top 4 halfbacks unavailable. Maybe Isaiya Katoa

I think he`d go alright too .
He has a massive boot on him . And doesn`t mind coming outside in to put a hit on opposition forwards .
Who ever lured him away from Penrith is a master mind .

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Dunno who to leave out from Cobbo/Holmes/Tualagi but in the forwards i'd go:

8. Collins
9. Hunt
10. Cotter
11. Nanai
12. Fifita
13. Carrigan

14. Grant
15. Mofo
16. Welch
17. Arrow

I can't put both of Cotter and Hopgood in now that we're missing Tino and Flegler, i'd rather some bigger bodies.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Dunno who to leave out from Cobbo/Holmes/Tualagi but in the forwards i'd go:

8. Collins
9. Hunt
10. Cotter
11. Nanai
12. Fifita
13. Carrigan

14. Grant
15. Mofo
16. Welch
17. Arrow

I can't put both of Cotter and Hopgood in now that we're missing Tino and Flegler, i'd rather some bigger bodies.

What has Welch done to demand selection over say Hopgood or Jensen?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Josh Kerr a big chance for QLD I think. Big and aggressive, probably the type we lack most without Flegler and Gilbert

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
LOL listening to the fox commentators you would swear they have already given up.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Well I already explained Hopgood and for 35 minutes off the bench I'd take Welch over Jensen, i'd think he's more of an impact player. Better offloader, great at pressuring the NSW halves kicking game, more experience. He's had a good year.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I'm taking Hopgood... he's a very handy ballplayer to have at lock so he can relieve Patty, which he will need.

I think Hopgood plays above his weight and can also be physical and aggressive... can play big minutes and get through the work.

He looks an origin player

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Lol if QLD go with a horrifically out of form Cowboys left edge of Val, Tualigi, Dearden. The cows have scraped wins against Souths and the Tigers so I guess we can forget how horrendous they've been this season, especially in defence.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
I'm hoping QLD pick the Hammer at fullback, Reece is not ready yet.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • mitch222
  • Kev_Guz
  • Midean
  • Culhwch
  • Allo
  • Justwin
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wild Horse
  • Harry Sack
  • Manofoneway
  • Galco
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bish
  • jarro65
  • Big Del
  • Swordfish
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.