2024 State of Origin discussion

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Sounds like a potential 2 fullback plan.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
NRL2024BHQNewsPatrickCarrigan

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
If you’re the Roosters surely you tell Madge to get fucked don’t you?

They want to bring Tedesco in as a “just in case”, that’s a million of their cap missing from tomorrow’s game. Not only that, the fans get screwed. I know there aren’t many Roosters fans on this website but what if that happened to us? It will at some stage, if it hasn’t already.

Broncosarethebest

Broncosarethebest

NYC Player
Sep 3, 2022

They want to bring Tedesco in as a “just in case”, that’s a million of their cap missing from tomorrow’s game. Not only that, the fans get screwed. I know there aren’t many Roosters fans on this website but what if that happened to us? It will at some stage, if it hasn’t already.
Is the Dylan Edwards quad torn of the bone thing true?

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Lomax is the danger. I rated Lomax very highly a few seasons ago (and still do) but for some reason his form fell away. He is now back to where he was and his effort plays will stand out big time in the origin arena.
I would go as far as saying he's better then Critter.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Roosters can't ... if they refused to release Tedesco for Origin, then the rules say that he can't play for his club either.

besides if any club has a complaint about Origin rules, then it's the Bulldogs. Burton has now been 18th man in something like the last 3 Origins. meaning he didn't play for either NSW or the Bulldogs

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Every year I’m not really feeling origin until this highlight pops up.

Only Lockyer pulls this off. The kick was absolutely perfect touch from where he kicks it and then the intercept is just so clutch.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Roosters can't ... if they refused to release Tedesco for Origin, then the rules say that he can't play for his club either.

besides if any club has a complaint about Origin rules, then it's the Bulldogs. Burton has now been 18th man in something like the last 3 Origins. meaning he didn't play for either NSW or the Bulldogs

It's just a bit of a joke, I think.

We sacrifice a significant chunk of our season forcing the best players to sit out for multiple games (36 of them or so, at least) and then to top it all off, they feel the inclination to backup the weekend after to not let their team down. It's the NRL who has let the entire game down, with this pathetic scheduling.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012

At this stage he’s still playing tomorrow but they may pull him before tomorrow’s game

I’ll be livid as I bought him in fantasy and of course now he may get called into the squad

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
At this stage he’s still playing tomorrow but they may pull him before tomorrow’s game

I’ll be livid as I bought him in fantasy and of course now he may get called into the squad

Assuming you did it for someone in Origin, you can reverse the trade. Drinkwater is the likely Plan B, he also plays next week. Roosters have the bye.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Assuming you did it for someone in Origin, you can reverse the trade. Drinkwater is the likely Plan B, he also plays next week. Roosters have the bye.

True, at least then I can spare my draft team of the curse lol

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
It's beginning to look as I feared. another major player gone for unknown weeks and that's just origin training. I am not looking forward to this series at all in regard injuries. We need to insist our guys rest when they come back. I'd rather we lost the two points than losing potentially for the year.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
It's beginning to look as I feared. another major player gone for unknown weeks and that's just origin training. I am not looking forward to this series at all in regard injuries. We need to insist our guys rest when they come back. I'd rather we lost the two points than losing potentially for the year.

I’d be fuming if I were a Panther’s fan.

They got given a fully fit player and he won’t even make it to the game. Who knows how long he’s out for after that..

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.