2024 State of Origin discussion

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I heard on the radio this morning that the NSW media are using footage of Walsh being knocked out as part of their advertising campaign for the game tonight?

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
This story is BS

As was there before 12 & Qld arrived just befor 12.30, I saw them arrive.

The Qld supporters clapped then they saw them.

"That’s the opinion of leading rugby league journalist Dean Ritchie, who has shared the thoughts privately coming from inside the NSW camp."

Interesting qualification that it's just his opinion, not a fact....

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
SOOGAMEIIGAMEDAY

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Had a moron at work during lunch crap on about how Walsh was faking the whole thing and he was faking the convulsing. I bluntly told him if he was he deserves an academy award and offered him the opportunity to come over and watch videos my family have made of myself having seizures and the convulsing involved and tell my family and myself his thoughts. He shut up quickly.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Had a moron at work during lunch crap on about how Walsh was faking the whole thing and he was faking the convulsing. I bluntly told him if he was he deserves an academy award and offered him the opportunity to come over and watch videos my family have made of myself having seizures and the convulsing involved and tell my family and myself his thoughts. He shut up quickly.
Pro Wrestling has distorted the boundaries of reality is my take .

H

Howie

Oct 4, 2023
If there's a First Commandment in RL, it's probably this:

1. The side with the superior forward pack wins.

The second would be rather like unto it:

2. Speed kills.

The way I see it, QLD have an unusual speed advantage (not suggesting for a moment that NSW is at all pedestrian); if QLD get 50% possession and DCE/Tommy can get their speed men set up ... well ... it could be one long night for NSW.

Somehow NSW will need at least 60% possession to stay in the game and play their best.

Is it just my corrupt imagination or is there the vaguest of hints of a Ch 9 / NSWRL / ARL wink-and-nudge "desire" for a Suncorp decider (see: 6-agains and penalties) ?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
If there's a First Commandment in RL, it's probably this:

1. The side with the superior forward pack wins.

The second would be rather like unto it:

2. Speed kills.

The way I see it, QLD have an unusual speed advantage (not suggesting for a moment that NSW is at all pedestrian); if QLD get 50% possession and DCE/Tommy can get their speed men set up ... well ... it could be one long night for NSW.

Somehow NSW will need at least 60% possession to stay in the game and play their best.

Is it just my corrupt imagination or is there the vaguest of hints of a Ch 9 / NSWRL / ARL wink-and-nudge "desire" for a Suncorp decider (see: 6-agains and penalties) ?
Only have to look at how Klown officiated Game 2 last year... he managed to give NSW a 10-3 advantage in penalties and six agains and yet they still lost 32-6 !!

One of the highlights was Martin blatantly tackling Reece in the air (... seems to be a common theme with him)... only for Reece to not be held and then return it 50m the other way.

I would be expecting a similar level of #GameManagement from the man with the whistle

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Only have to look at how Klown officiated Game 2 last year... he managed to give NSW a 10-3 advantage in penalties and six agains and yet they still lost 32-6 !!

One of the highlights was Martin blatantly tackling Reece in the air (... seems to be a common theme with him)... only for Reece to not be held and then return it 50m the other way.

I would be expecting a similar level of #GameManagement from the man with the whistle

View attachment 28414

100%. It won't be as blatant as it would if the decider was in Sydney - I mean, Suncorp will sell out either way, let's be honest - but for TV views, another Queensland series win won't be the desired outcome, not tonight anyway...

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
This lead up and spice from nsw media and talking heads is only going to help QLD. NSW is always going to be the more desperate team so the extra barbs is actually going to have qld more focused and trying to stick it up em. It's usually hard to fight human nature when you know you have a game in your back pocket. They would have been better off staying quiet and just going the quiet ambush but they have run their mouth and I expect that makes QLD a little hungrier.

H

Howie

Oct 4, 2023

For those who don't go back to the 70's and 80's (i.e. before tackle-in-the-air was deemed illegal), I'll posit a thought experiment to imagine what it was like for back threes in general and for fullbacks in particular (think: predatory backrowers charging in and leaping aggressively up and at you, timed with the arrival of the ball).

Unread

Active Now

• broncotville
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.