Mar 5, 2008
My view.

20240626 180342

Can see the entire ground

H

Howie

Oct 4, 2023
Well howzat for a return of serve ?

Sure the first score was on the back of a penalty - 2 x 6 agains - dropout but it has to be said that NSW were in the end good enough to exploit that to get the snowball rolling. And what a snowball it was.

I had expected QLD to unleash their outside backs but in the end that was all but impossible on the end of something like 35% 1st half possession, with most of that spent rucking out from the red zone. And even when they got into NSW territory, possession was usually terminated by some error.

I had vaguely thought that some kind of "fix" might be in to get a Game 3 decider but there was nothing iffy whatever ref-wise, NSW were in the end that good, even if they did seem to allow themselves a bit of indiscipline in the 2d half.

QLD in the end made some kind of statement with a 18-4 2d half but in the final washup we can only tip the hat to NSW and acknowledge a job very well done. And for QLD - well, as that purveryor of the human condition, Mike Heck from The Middle might put it, tomorrow's a new day.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Well howzat for a return of serve ?

Sure the first score was on the back of a penalty - 2 x 6 agains - dropout but it has to be said that NSW were in the end good enough to exploit that to get the snowball rolling. And what a snowball it was.
- Well it went Sua linebreak...
- terrible kick from DCE when he should've run it on last or at least not kicked it 5m from the 20m line
- Penalty for soft high shot on Crichton
- Six again... six again... drop out... try

- Taulagi linebreak... which he kicked into the stands for a 7-tackle set... into a NSW try

- Penalty for a flop in yardage at the 30m line... NSW try

16-0... game over within 25mins

Then penalty against Reece (kick off out on the full?) ... try... then penalty again for the captain's challenge when Klein realised he needed to turn this Titanic disaster of a game around, but Atkins chimed in and wanted some of the action.

So 6-0 on the penalties and six agains front by the 30th minute and down 22-0 with about 32% possession I think.

Klein then gave Qld a penalty for "offside" in yardage, but damage was well and truly done.

From that point on... Qld were perfect ... because NSW didn't receive another penalty or six again all game... shock horror... actually no they got two more penalties (Reece short kick off out on the full and Patty high shot on Lomax)... so 6 in 30mins, but 2 for the remaining 50mins (but neither for ruck or offside)

Game was manufactured into oblivion and Klein completely messed it up...

Who knows what will happen in Game 3 because tactics haven't been needed in either Game 1 or 2 at this point... I've not seen any footy in origin so far this year because both games have been a farce

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I hope he isn’t picked for the sake of my SuperCoach side, but QLD will have lost the plot if they don’t pick Fifita in game 3. Sua was hopeless.

I also assume that Cobbo comes straight back in for Capewell, although I’d pick him over Val in the starting side.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
One thing that will probably get swept under the rug was Latrell torpedo'ing himself at Coates... collected him high and both feet were off the ground.

If he cops any grade higher than a grade 1 careless then he'd most likely miss origin 3, because his priors have been fuuuuucked this year... didn't he get like 3-4 weeks for elbowing SJ in the head whilst he had the ball?

Be interesting if they just don't report him at all, so no one looks into it and everyone forgets it even happened to try and sweep it under the rug... which NSW media will of course do, because they will desperately want him there for Game 3

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • sooticus
  • bazza
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Brocko
  • Maroon4life
  • Sproj
  • BroncosMan
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrMoore
  • Galco
  • Gaz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • thenry
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • Jedhead
  • bert_lifts
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.