2024 State of Origin discussion

Locky's Left Boot

Locky's Left Boot

NYC Player
Jul 26, 2017
I just didn't like how we looked in the ruck too ay. Some of our work from marker was almost schoolboy stuff. Them Klein put the whistle in his pocket in the first half and suddenly evening it up for us in the 2nd half... Soo inconsistent

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I just didn't like how we looked in the ruck too ay. Some of our work from marker was almost schoolboy stuff. Them Klein put the whistle in his pocket in the first half and suddenly evening it up for us in the 2nd half... Soo inconsistent
we got absolutely dominated in the middle and it basically reflected that over the entire side thereafter.

It's weird to say but I think players like Walsh had a good game given the cards dealt, he might have been missing on the last man tackles for a few tries but that is after being out numbered after bad missed tackles to get there.

but in attack Walsh honestly looked like the only Qlder who wanted to score.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
- Well it went Sua linebreak...
- terrible kick from DCE when he should've run it on last or at least not kicked it 5m from the 20m line
- Penalty for soft high shot on Crichton
- Six again... six again... drop out... try

- Taulagi linebreak... which he kicked into the stands for a 7-tackle set... into a NSW try

- Penalty for a flop in yardage at the 30m line... NSW try

16-0... game over within 25mins

Then penalty against Reece (kick off out on the full?) ... try... then penalty again for the captain's challenge when Klein realised he needed to turn this Titanic disaster of a game around, but Atkins chimed in and wanted some of the action.

So 6-0 on the penalties and six agains front by the 30th minute and down 22-0 with about 32% possession I think.

Klein then gave Qld a penalty for "offside" in yardage, but damage was well and truly done.

From that point on... Qld were perfect ... because NSW didn't receive another penalty or six again all game... shock horror... actually no they got two more penalties (Reece short kick off out on the full and Patty high shot on Lomax)... so 6 in 30mins, but 2 for the remaining 50mins (but neither for ruck or offside)

Game was manufactured into oblivion and Klein completely messed it up...

Who knows what will happen in Game 3 because tactics haven't been needed in either Game 1 or 2 at this point... I've not seen any footy in origin so far this year because both games have been a farce
These are my exact thoughts. Totally predictable and manufactured to get a live game 3. At least I made some money on it last night as I could see it coming a mile away.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Somehow NSW will need at least 60% possession to stay in the game and play their best.

Is it just my corrupt imagination or is there the vaguest of hints of a Ch 9 / NSWRL / ARL wink-and-nudge "desire" for a Suncorp decider (see: 6-agains and penalties) ?

Followed the plan to a T .

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I bet a staggering $2 on a multi paying $48 which got up. That, plus a couple of other bets, I walked away with $150 profit for an outlay of about $20.

Betting against QLD.......

Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
NSW media not being humble at all and really almost belittling Slater and laughing at him. They want to be careful poking the bear. They have been in this position many, many times before. You think they would learn from the past. One win and they think they are the greatest thing in Rugby League history.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
NSW media not being humble at all and really almost belittling Slater and laughing at him. They want to be careful poking the bear. They have been in this position many, many times before. You think they would learn from the past. One win and they think they are the greatest thing in Rugby League history.
That’s what they do. They have always lacked class whether they win or lose

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
To be fair it was a weird press conference. There was strange quotes. He gets so defensive. I don't think he handles the media well. He sounds like he tries to be philosophical and just says weird shit. He was asked about changes and he just said the strangest quote "we're still queenslanders" after saying he hasn't thought about it. Was just strange. The journalist then asked what he meant by that and he just repeated it. Total weirdo energy. He gets flustered too much for my liking. It's weird because the players looked the complete opposite. Just were happy to take it. Think we will see a complete different intensity in the 3rd game whether there is changes or not.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
To be fair it was a weird press conference. There was strange quotes. He gets so defensive. I don't think he handles the media well. He sounds like he tries to be philosophical and just says weird shit. He was asked about changes and he just said the strangest quote "we're still queenslanders" after saying he hasn't thought about it. Was just strange. The journalist then asked what he meant by that and he just repeated it. Total weirdo energy. He gets flustered too much for my liking. It's weird because the players looked the complete opposite. Just were happy to take it. Think we will see a complete different intensity in the 3rd game whether there is changes or not.
Shouldn't really matter how awkward he is in front of the camera. Laughing at him and belittling him isn't going to help them. It's just going to give us ammunition for the next game. A bit like when they decided to call us the worst Qld side in history. They never learn.

H

Howie

Oct 4, 2023
Kind of reminds me of Churchill's aphorism about the Germans:

They're either at your feet or at your throat.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • sooticus
  • Redfern_1980
  • The Don
  • Broncosarethebest
  • winslow_wong
  • ezpz
  • bazza
  • Seibs
  • OXY-351
  • FACTHUNT
  • barker
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Morkel
  • Gaz
  • Behold
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.