2024 State of Origin discussion

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Shouldn't really matter how awkward he is in front of the camera. Laughing at him and belittling him isn't going to help them. It's just going to give us ammunition for the next game. A bit like when they decided to call us the worst Qld side in history. They never learn.
I agree it's not going to help them. There was a bit extra what they were doing last night. Wasnt just from.the usual.culprits either. Like I said front runner type shit. Will be interesting how they react when the shoe is on the other foot. Because they are not going to know what hit them the start of game 3. If they win that game they will have earnt it. QLD not going to come out like game 2.

H

Howie

Oct 4, 2023
Wonder if NSW actually missed a trick in this game.

With QLD in a halftime 34-0 dungeon, a nice night out at Lang Park upcoming and the unlikelihood of this kind of lightning (everyone "ready to play" on the night, 65% possession, everything NSW touching turning to gold) striking again, it seemed to me to be in NSW's interest to bury QLD in as much phychological baggage as possible, i.e. go on to a 50+ or even 60+ score.

Instead NSW indulged in the niggle, with some biff and the odd flop (led by those titans of cool-headed resolve, Messrs. Martin & Mitchell) that resulted in a bunch of penalties and QLD climbing somewhat off the mat to get a 18-4 2h half result. I wonder just whose idea that was ...

Could NSW get rue an incomplete job done, an opportunity missed ?

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
To be fair it was a weird press conference. There was strange quotes. He gets so defensive. I don't think he handles the media well. He sounds like he tries to be philosophical and just says weird shit. He was asked about changes and he just said the strangest quote "we're still queenslanders" after saying he hasn't thought about it. Was just strange. The journalist then asked what he meant by that and he just repeated it. Total weirdo energy. He gets flustered too much for my liking. It's weird because the players looked the complete opposite. Just were happy to take it. Think we will see a complete different intensity in the 3rd game whether there is changes or not.

Nothing strange or weird at all about that

Are you going to change the squad Billy? He replies, "we're still queenslanders"

QLD have a philosophy and history of not making knee-jerk reactionary mass team changes

So it's very clear what he means

He could have stated it in 4 sentences, but he chose to do it in 3 words

The fact that so-called professional journos who are supposed to understand the game couldn't keep up is the issue

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008

Are you going to change the squad Billy? He replies, "we're still queenslanders"

QLD have a philosophy and history of not making knee-jerk reactionary mass team changes

The fact that so-called professional journos who are supposed to understand the game couldn't keep up is the issue

Billy: We're still Queenslanders.

The Media: mINdGaMeS

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017

Sorry but saying "we're still queenslanders" to a question about changes that every origin coach in the history of the game gets after a loss is not "very clear what he means".

It's just 3 words together that make fucking no sense to the question he was asked. You are actually lying by saying you know what that means. He doesn't know what he meant when he said and he just ran with it. It's total rubbish.

And if McGuire said "we're still blues" to that question in game 1 which he got you would be saying wtf does that even mean.

Remove the bias. It was a stupid answer and blaming the journalists in that situation is hilarious.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Madge's glasshouses moment that he refused to elaborate on, or explain himself .. gets praise from the media .. but Billy being elusive in his comments.. and he is made to be a laughing stock.

Sounds about right.

Media is just a bit pissed because they couldn't get what they were demanding. They were probably expecting a dummy spit from Billy. And if they can't get what they want or they expect from him .. yea all good .. let's just make an idiot out of him instead.

Dumb arrogant ******.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Madge's glasshouses moment that he refused to elaborate on, or explain himself .. gets praise from the media .. but Billy being elusive in his comments.. and he is made to be a laughing stock.

Sounds about right.

Media is just a bit pissed because they couldn't get what they were demanding. They were probably expecting a dummy spit from Billy. And if they can't get what they want or they expect from him .. yea all good .. let's just make an idiot out of him instead.

Dumb arrogant ******.
Bunch of useless ex-aircon salesmen if you ask me.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Bunch of useless ex-aircon salesmen if you ask me.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yea lol.

At least they would be useful if they went back to revisit their old career paths .. us big, bad customers could try to steal from them again 🙄

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
Those cockroaches will end up with same fate as their Women’s side.
Origin fortunately, is a 3 game series but not a single game. Those arrogant dumb ***** won’t ever get that.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Remaking a classic.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Sorry but saying "we're still queenslanders" to a question about changes that every origin coach in the history of the game gets after a loss is not "very clear what he means".

Maybe to you dumb arse North Qldr's....to the rest of us it was pretty easy to follow. :rofl

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Damn, a coach giving a vague answer after a loss??? Has this ever happened in the history of rugby league?!
It's not vague its just a slogan that didn't even make sense to the question that was asked. Would have fit in well over standing next to those geriatrics Trump and Biden

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Maybe to you dumb arse North Qldr's....to the rest of us it was pretty easy to follow. :rofl
Journo: Any possible changes for game 3

Slater: Haven't even thought of that, we're still queenslanders.

In what fucking world do you think that makes sense. Miss me with that bullshit. You talk in riddles and slogans in your life?

Fucking worse than David Kidwell when he said the KI is in the WI. Cringe word salads.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Journo: Any possible changes for game 3

Slater: Haven't even thought of that, we're still queenslanders.

In what fucking world do you think that makes sense. Miss me with that bullshit. You talk in riddles and slogans in your life?

Fucking worse than David Kidwell when he said the KI is in the WI. Cringe word salads.
Capital Q for the word Queenslanders please.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
It's not vague its just a slogan that didn't even make sense to the question that was asked. Would have fit in well over standing next to those geriatrics Trump and Biden

Queensland don't make whoesale changes to their teams after a loss like the silly ***** down south. It's been discussed online and in the media enough that I think most QLDers understood what he was saying.

In the presser it did sound a little off, but this is a dude who just watched his team get absolutely belted.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Porthoz
  • Browny
  • FACTHUNT
  • the_next
  • Redfern_1980
  • Allo
  • mrslong
  • Galah
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Broncs1459
  • Santa
  • Battler
  • BroncosAlways
  • BruiserMk1
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.