2024 State of Origin discussion

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
since when did the NRL start giving a shit about that rule. the Storm, Roosters and Panthers have been abusing it for years

They ask clubs every week for a please explain why certain actions were taken.

Cotter came off when he didn't hit his head and Grant didn't come off when he was leaking litres of blood.

Hammer didn't go through the interchange official when he came back on.

I am sure Ikin is typing away right now.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
A bit precious aren't you. I've got a good memory of you calling posters here dumb and idiots and generally acting like a troll, so if you're going to carry on like that, don't be surprised that people will have a go at you every now and then. You're one of those blokes who is happy to give it but has a little cry when you cop it back.
Rubbish. I don't know who the **** you are talking about but it wasn't me. I have never once called anybody an idiot since I have been on here. I was told not to go or tone down what I say on broncos related threads because a few of guys are precious and don't deal well with somebody that isn't a broncos fan commenting about them so it is the complete opposite actually.

I find it hilarious that you think me of all people can't cop it back. That is just a straight fucking lie. I cop it all the time on here and give it back just as good. Most people are great here and it is good banter.

It's little babies like you that think they are some fucking gatekeeper of an internet forum and constantly bring up why I am here and tell me to go away. That's when I get the shits. I'll comment on what I want and what I think about the topic. Especially non related Broncos ones. So **** outta here with your whiny bullshit and don't reply to me and block me if you don't want to engage. Plenty have.

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
I have never once called anybody an idiot since I have been on here.
After multiple posters had said they were against resting players towards the end of last year:

Anybody that thinks not having rest before finals is an idiot. That is being kind.
You simply don't play guys if you have your position stamped. It is dumb but is not surprising some of you guys think they should play....

I like the fantastic grammar you use when calling people idiots. I'm going to leave it here because the back and forth isn't great for the board, but if you feel like writing more paragraphs about how you aren't a whiny dickhead who gets easily bothered, you can private message me.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
couple fish GIF by I Love Kellie Pickler

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
After multiple posters had said they were against resting players towards the end of last year:

I like the fantastic grammar you use when calling people idiots. I'm going to leave it here because the back and forth isn't great for the board, but if you feel like writing more paragraphs about how you aren't a whiny dickhead who gets easily bothered, you can private message me.
That is a generalised statement in which I said "anybody that thinks this". At no point is that singling a person out and calling them an idiot or dumb. Try again clown.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Ponga back this weekend.
Big game from him might give Bill a bit to think about.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
since when did the NRL start giving a shit about that rule. the Storm, Roosters and Panthers have been abusing it for years

I've seen Nathan Cleary cop a head knock that many times, don't think I have seen him come off the field yet.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Here's hoping for a Ponga master class and Walsh not getting picked... let Ponga be the crash test dummy for NSW "defence"
Let's hope Billy doesn't do something nutty like play both but bench one of them. If Walsh plays Origin, there's a real chance it will end up costing us the season.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Let's hope Billy doesn't do something nutty like play both but bench one of them. If Walsh plays Origin, there's a real chance it will end up costing us the season.
Are you thinking mentally or physically?

Physically just because NSW will be in full attack mode and trying to take him out... or even if they're winning or losing and the result is determined early they could be in attack / full grub mode anyway.

If mentally and we win the decider and Walsh is fullback his confidence will be sky high and he'll think he's untouchable... if he's on the bench and we win... he won't care he'll still be sky high for the win and refocus to broncos. I think a win would help him refocus on Broncos.

Or are you thinking if we lose a decider in Brisbane with him at fullback, that it could break him ala Nicho?

If he doesn't get picked it could also hurt him mentally... thinking that he fucked up so bad in Game 2 that he's been dropped.

However, to me he looks mentally strong, just through the his competitiveness... he always wants his hands on the ball... so I don't know if he goes down a Nicho path after a loss.

It's hard to get a gauge on where Walsh is this year though because he's had such a disrupted season... he's only played like 2 more games than Ponga this year, considering 2 of his 11 appearances this year have lasted less than 10mins.

Unread

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • westy316
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • bb_gun
  • Wolfie
  • Scdeac
  • Foordy
  • ezpz
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Allo
  • levikaden
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.