2024 State of Origin - Game I Discussion

Sorry I didn't specifically mean just Instagram. I was just pointing out he has shown concern for him.
Apologies, i misunderstood your post.

I had only seen his Instagram post at that point and later saw his interview after you mentioned it.
I dont think Sua'li'i is a bad guy, i was just firing on emotion because he flattened one of our boys.

If the ID is swipe access, then it 100% matters.

lets say you need your id to swipe into the facility, or VIP sections/restricted areas and i let you in without.

Now a fire breaks out, and they check the logs and there is no record of Ikin entering the premises so no one looks for him when the shit is going down and they assume they have got everyone out of danger.

What if Ikin is PoS who likes to steal Origin Jerseys and there is no record of him being there when stuff go's missing?

Obviously these are rare scenarios and unlikely to happen, but they put these measures in place, and security are paid to make sure they are adhered to.
Thanks for the response. Fair enough. I would say that alot of places especially security that deal with high profile celebrities and sports stars across the world would have a more lenient view on things like forgetting a pass. Rightly or wrongly.

Thanks for the response. Fair enough. I would say that alot of places especially security that deal with high profile celebrities and sports stars across the world would have a more lenient view on things like forgetting a pass. Rightly or wrongly.
100% they do, but they train them not to.

Look honestly, i would let Ikin in too, because its Ikin, and im a footy fan and know who he is. But there is also a chance the security doesn't even watch or care about footy and has no idea who Ikin is.
He did the right thing, as petty as it may seem.

I used my Job with the boss of the Hospital as an example because she knows the rules and would obtain a temporary id fob, so it would never be an issue of her asking to be let in without it.

Enlighten us... what would it matter? This is why the world had a common sense problem. Doing stupid shit like that.

I don't need to go into much more than what @Midean has already said, but...

What if Ikin had left the QRL the day before and it hadn't been made public yet ...or even more specifically what if he had been terminated the day before and wanted to head inside to cause trouble ... Trust me, I've seen this exact scenario before. Sometimes there is a delay or even oversight of passing this information down the chain until it reached the security officers. There is a very good reason why you don't grant someone entry to a ID mandatory area if that person has no ID access

Not to mention that Ikin is the QRL boss, not the boss of the venue.

From that looks like he would of got him upper chest had Reece been standing straight.
Except he's never standing upright and Suaalii can see him when he's caught the ball.

In the below his left foot plants and his shoulder never lowers beyond that point... so whilst Reece does slip the height of Suaalii's shoulder is always at least at the chin height of Reece when he's loading up to tackle him... there is absolutely no need for him to be that high in the tackle... it's reckless because he is starting at that height and the level of force that he is 'choosing' to go in at ends with him airborne as well.

Reece slipping and falling backwards most likely saved him from a potentially much worse result, if he stays at his initial level he's copping the shoulder right on his chin with his momentum moving forward. He potentially could've ended up with a broken jaw and out for several months... had he not slipped.

I really dont think we need a solution because its already in place. They are all just sooking because the idiot cost NSW the game by being reckless.
Would the nsw media be taking the same position if a Broncos player pulled off an identical shot on Cleary in the gf when they started their comeback? The whinging is just ridiculous at this point

This hypocritical juxtaposition of 'it takes away the spectacle', which is essentially saying that NSW minus Sua'ali'i results in no spectacle, but Queensland minus Walsh is not comparable. It's quite astonishing, the mental gymnastics some of these talking heads can do in support of their arguments.

This hypocritical juxtaposition of 'it takes away the spectacle', which is essentially saying that NSW minus Sua'ali'i results in no spectacle, but Queensland minus Walsh is not comparable. It's quite astonishing, the mental gymnastics some of these talking heads can do in support of their arguments.
You can still have a spectacle with one side down to 12 players, hell you can still have a spectacle with 12 players and no bench and win, just watch 1989 game 2. There should be no difference of punishment at club or rep level, its a pissweak argument that opens the door for potentially more harm to players.

If Hammer doesn't butcher the try off Walsh's pass and sets up Dearden to score under the posts, we would have been up 12-0 after 8 minutes and they would have been staring down the barrel of a 120-0 scoreline. 38-10... they should consider themselves lucky.

100% they do, but they train them not to.

Look honestly, i would let Ikin in too, because its Ikin, and im a footy fan and know who he is. But there is also a chance the security doesn't even watch or care about footy and has no idea who Ikin is.
He did the right thing, as petty as it may seem.

I used my Job with the boss of the Hospital as an example because she knows the rules and would obtain a temporary id fob, so it would never be an issue of her asking to be let in without it.
I would have let Ikin in.

If it was the boss of the NSWRL (whoever the **** it is) on the other hand, I would have smacked him up the back of the fucking head, thrown him on the ground, tasered him and then let him fight off the dog squad. Basically what NSW were trying to do to Reece.

I for sure would have bribed Ikin out of season tickets at the very least before letting him in. /s

I would have gone for corporate box tickets personally.

Kevvie in the media saying he wasn't happy with just the 4 weeks
I predict a very very gentle year for Walsh on the back of this.
The fact the second incident happened on the biggest NRL stage is what matters here.

It can get swept under the rug relatively in clubland, but when you have a million eyes on an incident this ugly, it cannot be ignored.

The next guy to try putting a big shot on Walsh will sit out for a long long time.

Fckin security .
No brains of their own . I`m just doing my job ...
I'll go on record as saying his job was "Don't let anyone in without credentials" as opposed to what you seem to think "Don't let anyone in without credentials unless they claim to be Ben Ikin"

Active Now

• Dash
  • Browny
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Tim K
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Sproj
  • heartly87
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Muros
  • TimWhatley
  • Bronx48
  • MrMoore
  • winslow_wong
  • Jason Simmons
  • Wolfie
  • theshed
  • Redux
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.