2024 State of Origin - Game I Discussion

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
The thing that I think is the most alarming thing about that was that not one single Cronulla player looked to go in and snot the fuckwit.

John got suspended for telling some one he would beat them up after a game .
So maybe not the best idea to challenge a psychopath ?

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
I don't mean to take the fun away from this post ... and I certainly hate defending NSW ***** (especially right now) ...

But I spent over 20 years in security, before my career change (including working heaps of sporting events), and I would have done the same thing that security guy did (even if Ikin tried to gain access to the dressing rooms at Lang Park, without his access creds) ... as poorly paid as security is these days, it's still better money than what Job Seeker pays.

I do quite like his response 😎

Fckin security .
No brains of their own . I`m just doing my job ...

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
In a sudden death scenario? Absolutely not with the same level of aggression, if say. They could gamble that officials won't pull the trigger in that game given the 'occasion', but you never know when the NRL are going to be consistent, they are wily like that.

This. You want to play the game like it's the eighties, I guarantee it's not going to last.

What about the white thingy ? LOL .

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Willie Mason was off his rocker on his podcast about this. Just some things:

He claimed a send off would have been warranted in the 73rd minute but not the 7th minute.

He also implied that if the situation had been reversed and Val Holmes had taken Teddy out illegally then a send off would have been ok because we had Cobbo on the bench.

Then the usual shit that Anasta and everyone else south of the border are crapping on about:

How unfair it is that Klein cost NSW the game and possibly the series.

How unfair it was to the fans who paid their money only for the game to be over 7 minutes in

How we need to protect the game and the product. Anasta even went as far as to say that if we keep on the same track we'll kill our product.
If it had happened to NSW they would be saying the complete opposite.

Imagine if in their scenario Val came flying out of the line and took Teddy out in the same manner, but then only got binned. Burton would come on and Crichton would move to fullback.

If Val then comes back after 10mins and Qld win, they'd be blowing up and saying the rules need to change because that should be a send off in any game and origin shouldn't matter.

It's just media being completely incapable of removing their bias.

None of them are putting the focus on the idiotic decision of Suaalii to turn himself into a missile and thinking "yeah this is a good idea"... how is it that Buzz is the sane person from NSW side of the argument.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Fckin security .

I don't know how it is for you, but 95% of the working population of this country have to "just do their job", assuming they still want to be employed the next day.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
That's cool and all, but 1910 said my instagram comment was untrue, so I linked it.
Still yet to see Sua'li'i wish Walsh well outside of forum posts in here with no links.

The instagram post was the first remarks Sua'li'i made after last night, and that's all I was referring to with my post, which for some reason 1910 refuted.

Sorry I didn't specifically mean just Instagram. I was just pointing out he has shown concern for him.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
I don't know how it is for you, but 95% of the working population of this country have to "just do their job", assuming they still want to be employed the next day.

If the security got sacked because the head of the organisation forgot his ID and was allowed access anyway. That is poor decision making by the boss .

There is a place and time for discretion .

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Fckin security .

Mehh......

“He eventually got a pass, someone came out and let him in.”

A short delay ...it serves Benny right for forgetting his pass. Its not hard to remember.....

socks
jocks
wallet
car keys
security pass

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Poor Ben Ikin left his lanyard allowing him into the dressing rooms at home. When he tried to gain entry, to celebrate with the team, he was denied. Someone who was with Ben at the time said to the security guard come on mate it's Ben Ikin ..the head of the QRL. Security guard said .. and I am security .. he isn't getting in. 😆

Just another nsw flog by the sounds of it lol.

He was doing his job.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If the security got sacked because the head of the organisation forgot his ID and was allowed access anyway. That is poor decision making by the boss .

There is a place and time for discretion .

This just proves you have NFI.

Not that we needed more proof.

B

Broncorob

QCup Player
Jul 26, 2020
Benny Hunt is such a natural 9. If he committed to it probably extends his career by a few years. Would love him at Red Hill as 9 for a couple of years

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Who was the last genuine heartthrob (that was actually good, Nick youngquest doesn't count)?

I keep thinking ET but there's surely someone obviously I'm missing from recent times.
Craig Wing, one of the handsomest man to ever handsome.

To a lesser extent when I was in high school all the girls swooned for Brad Fittler (sorry about that).

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Fckin security .
I'm security at a hospital.
You are a clown.

I don't care if the boss of the whole hospital is at the door, she cant come in without her id Fob. Especially after hours.
It is more than just having your id.
(there is measures in place to get around this when it happens, temporary id fobs for example).
It is insurance cover, and accountability.
You know what happens to me if i let her in, and she proceeds to steal shit, or break her leg falling down the stairs or some other unforeseen problem pops up?
I get it, he could have let Ikin in, but these rules and practices are in place for more than one reason.

T

The Boss

NYC Player
Feb 15, 2016
He didn't drop that much and Suali was still on an upward trajectory when he hit Walsh, so it still might have been high. Hard to tell, you can see here how far he dropped. The bright red line at the top is where his head was before he lost his footing. I think a lot of it was just a tall guy not going low enough on a small guy who runs low to the ground too.

The tackler has to leave a larger margin for error than Suali did there

View attachment 28199
From that looks like he would of got him upper chest had Reece been standing straight.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Enlighten us... what would it matter? This is why the world had a common sense problem. Doing stupid shit like that.
If the ID is swipe access, then it 100% matters.

lets say you need your id to swipe into the facility, or VIP sections/restricted areas and i let you in without.

Now a fire breaks out, and they check the logs and there is no record of Ikin entering the premises so no one looks for him when the shit is going down and they assume they have got everyone out of danger.

What if Ikin is PoS who likes to steal Origin Jerseys and there is no record of him being there when stuff go's missing?

Obviously these are rare scenarios and unlikely to happen, but they put these measures in place, and security are paid to make sure they are adhered to.

You dont understand common sense, because common sense would tell you to do your job properly.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • thenry
  • Fozz
  • RolledOates
  • whykickamoocow
  • jarro65
  • Dexter
  • Aldo
  • Pablo
  • Harry Sack
  • peter09
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Spike
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.