2024 State of Origin - Game II Discussion

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Won't change anything but there was a forward pass from Luai in the Latrine try and Klein was right in line but nothing to see here. Andrew Johns is as NSW as they get and even mentioned it after the try was scored.

Will the commentary team mention what QLD need to do to get back in the game or is only NSW playing. I forgot how shit and biased the 9 commentary team are as I only ever watch games where possible on Kayo.

there was also a forward pass from Crichton in the lead up to that try.

Luai has thrown at least 3 blatant forward passes tonight, but not one has been called forward

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
The modern game is so fucking shit to watch. 6 agains have ruined the game. Once a team loses momentum, it is near impossible to get it back. Add on top the standard of refereeing and you've got a powder keg of fuckery and just not a very interesting spectacle
It's just annoying... who the **** knows what's going on with this series... NSW torpedo themselves to a 12 man flogging and then next game is managed into oblivion.

This year's origin series has been absolute garbage... haven't even seen a game of football yet and it's been going for like a month

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
That was really strange. Qld absolutely looked up for the fight and withstood the first round of pressure well.

After the first try everything completely. That scoreline is a result of nsw playing the perfect game and QLD playing as bas as possible.

The second half will show us how good Billy is as a coach and what words he can pull together to turn this around. And also show us what QLD is made of. QLD pride themselves on "getting" state if origin so if these boys want to do their jersy proud they at least put up a fight this second half

Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Watching a team getting flogged into submission by set restarts is not what I can entertainment. Its ruined the club game and now it's ruined state of origin.
“But QLD only won Game 1 because they had 13 v 12!!” - some (sorry all) delusional Blues fans.

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
To be clear…. I couldn’t care less if the score was the other way, in favour of QLD…
But how good is Origin?!
Now the Broncos players are well fucked for the Warriors game.
GIVE ALL TEAMS THE WEEK OFF.
3 weeks of this shit, stand alone.
Play some internationals
Play some under 19s games
Whatever.
Sick of it, every year…

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
It's just annoying... who the **** knows what's going on with this series... NSW torpedo themselves to a 12 man flogging and then next game is managed into oblivion.

This year's origin series has been absolute garbage... haven't even seen a game of football yet and it's been going for like a month

It really has. I hope the ratings for Game 3 fall off a cliff despite the decider factor but sadly it's a vein hope. The NRL will get exactly what they want. The marketing spectacle.

Hence the comparison to Vought (The Boys reference).

Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
That was really strange. Qld absolutely looked up for the fight and withstood the first round of pressure well.

After the first try everything completely. That scoreline is a result of nsw playing the perfect game and QLD playing as bas as possible.

The second half will show us how good Billy is as a coach and what words he can pull together to turn this around. And also show us what QLD is made of. QLD pride themselves on "getting" state if origin so if these boys want to do their jersy proud they at least put up a fight this second half
They’ll give QLD to score at least 3 tries to show the “comeback” before NSW has a penalty goal in front and then that’s all folks! See you for Game 3.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I dont buy they are this much better than us. In more evenly reffed games, as we have seen, their all star forward pack doesnt dominate ours and without the leg ups they simply dont get this kind of roll on. Like the send off in the first game, Klien has basically set the game up to be unlosable for the grubs.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Did the first penalty come on the set after Sua broke the line??

NSW defence looked like swiss cheese and then Klown had to jump in... second try came off the second penalty and has been downhill since then.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Maroon4life
  • Stix
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • the_next
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Skathen
  • simplythebest
  • Bronx48
  • Midean
  • Dash
  • BroncosMan
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • Rookie Alan
... and 68 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.