2024 - Top predictions

They will need to prove they can get over the mental scars. They can say they have put it behind them, but it's always going to be there in the back of their minds. That's just human nature.

We were also supposed to have mental scars after falling off a cliff in 2022

My only concern this season is a disrupted preseason and long trip to start the year and that we may pay for this by running out of gas.
It all really depends on that post origin period i guess. Souths fell off a cliff last year, where we seemed to keep winning (keeping most of our spine out of origin helps).

Minor Premiers: Warriors
Premiers: Broncos
Wooden Spoon: Manly
Biggest rise from 2023: Tigers
Biggest fall from 2023:
Panthers

I am loving the hate on Manly 😀

My only concern this season is a disrupted preseason and long trip to start the year and that we may pay for this by running out of gas.
With 20 minutes to go in the gf.?

Minor Premiers: Riff (last year for them before they officially become a one man team with an ageing pack. If any one of Edwards, Yeo or JFH's form declines at all they will be in trouble with how light on they are for middle/ spine depth)
Premiers: Broncos (think we will take a bit of time to adjust to new combos which is why I don't have us winning the minor prem)
Wooden Spoon: Tigers (dragons close)
Biggest rise from 2023: Eels (yuck)
Biggest fall from 2023: Storm (praying here. Will probably be the Knights, tho: they cannot maintain the lvl of attack they had last year when they made their run)

Coaches sacked: None
Dally M: Reece Walsh
Top Try scorer: Oates

Minor Premiers: Broncos
Premiers: Broncos
Wooden Spoon: Dragons
Biggest rise from 2023: Rabbitohs
Biggest fall from 2023: Sharks
Coaches sacked: Adam O'Brien
Top Try scorer: Dominic Young

It all really depends on that post origin period i guess. Souths fell off a cliff last year, where we seemed to keep winning (keeping most of our spine out of origin helps).
Souths' issue is that LM has played an avg of 16 games a season since arriving at the club. He doesn't look any fitter this year so I don't see that trend improving.

Shouldn't be an excuse. Riff are over in the UK now for the world club challenge and you can guarantee they will finish top 4 and be on for the finals. We have better depth than them this year, especially in key positions.

Minor Premiers: Brisbane Broncos
Premiers: Brisbane Broncos
Wooden Spoon: Dragons (Ben Hunt to get given his early release when they realise he won't help their dire situation)
Biggest rise from 2023: Titans
Biggest fall from 2023: Storm

Coaches sacked: None
Top Try scorer: Corey Oates

Minor Premiers: Broncs
Premiers: Broncs
Wooden Spoon: Dragons
Biggest rise: Tigers
Biggest fall: Kiwi's

Coaches sacked: none
Top try scorer: Selwyn Cobbo

Not much variety in our predictions.... you'll all have to share the prize.

Wooden Spoon - Dragons
Biggest Rise - Souths
Biggest Fall - Warriors
Coaches Sacked - Brad Arthurs, Anthony Seibold, Cameron Ciraldo
Dally M - Nicho Hynes
Top Try Scorer - Alex Johnson
SOO - QLD 2-1

Minor Premiers: Penrith
Premiers: Brisbane
Wooden Spoon: St George
Biggest rise from 2023: Gold Coast
Biggest fall from 2023: Canberra

Coaches sacked: Jason Demetriou
Dally M: Cameron Munster
Top Try scorer: Jesse Arthars

I have no idea about try scorer, just having a punt there, figure Jesse is a good finisher and if her stays healthy all season should cross the stripe a lot.

Dally M usually goes to a good player in an average team, so if we're on fire it won't be any of our players. Though to be fair Munster will have some competition at the Storm stealing points so might not be a good call.

Coach is probably just wishful thinking, but if Souths crash and burn, and the chatter around the coach and playing group keeps up, I could see Jason getting move on.

Penrith to win the minor premiership because Penrith, but we'll meet them in the preliminary final and knock them out and go on to win it all.

Coaches sacked: Jason Demetriou

Coach is probably just wishful thinking, but if Souths crash and burn, and the chatter around the coach and playing group keeps up, I could see Jason getting move on.
Only one who called it.

Episode 1 Applause GIF by Friends

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Skathen
  • NSW stables
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.