POST GAME 2024 World Club Challenge - Wigan v Panthers

They can't give that.

There's hands under the ball. It's held up.

Vince Mcmahon Laughing GIF by WWE

Man I would be so ticked off if I were Penrith.

Good thing is though, and I know it is preseason, Penrith definitely do not look as strong as previous seasons without Crichton in the backline and with no punch off the bench. They will get heaps better and that field was a swamp but there were a few things NRL teams would have seen there about opening up on the edges and with kicks.

Bad calls aside, that was a really entertaining game.

It had me on the edge of my seat and I couldn't give a shit about either side.

Some pretty wild reffing in that game lol, wow... Penrith looked lost for good chunks of it. Missing Critter and Leniu badly from the looks, but they will adapt.

Incredible effort from Wigan too, to be fair, the Panthers were threatening to bust them open most of the game but the scramble was just too good.

Really entertaining game, but man, some of those calls.......

Bad calls aside, that was a really entertaining game.

It had me on the edge of my seat and I couldn't give a shit about either side.

Yeah it was fantastic, great game to watch. And Wigan honestly matched Penrith better than I thought they would.

That game was comical. I will complain about some of the refereeing over here but it is 10 times better across the board than there.

Penrith dominated from start to finish and it was refereed like their was an instruction to keep Wigan in the game once they got guys to the ground. So bad. Not even mentioning the tries they scored. 2 of them being horrible calls.

Wigan scrambled and were tough but cmon that was a farce. Penrith didnt look much different to me. Solid start to the year. Dominated defensively out of yardage and their back 5 were great again. May looks bigger and stronger than last time I saw him. The young 5/8th was solid. Im sure he will be better by the time Luai leaves. Clearly they had a strategy to run the ball and not kick into those micro in goals. One issue I think they will have is punch off the bench. Surely they have a better young guy than that plodder Lindsey Smith. He nearly cost them the GF last year and he offers nothing.

I dont think they can win 4 straight right? But they will put up a strong showing. Im not doubting them anymore. I will have to see them get beaten in a final before I call them 2024 frauds.

Good thing is though, and I know it is preseason, Penrith definitely do not look as strong as previous seasons without Crichton in the backline and with no punch off the bench. They will get heaps better and that field was a swamp but there were a few things NRL teams would have seen there about opening up on the edges and with kicks.
Even with the hometown calls they win that if Crichton is there. I’m hoping that continues into the season.

Ivan Cleary very classy responses after the game. Genuinely could have blown up but seem more interested in trying to grow the game over there and saying what a game an event they put on.

I guess you dont have to blow up much when you win all the time but it is good to see from coaches. No excuses. Kev Walters is the best at it. Never seen him blame a referee or even imply they were robbed. Builds resilience and doesnt let them take the easy way out.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • LGH
  • Jazza
  • eggstar10
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Dony Eliakim
  • BroncosAlways
  • Adammacca
  • Strop
  • Fatboy
  • kiwibronco
  • something
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Lozza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • IceWorks
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.