2025 Coaching Staff

Do the Broncos need to field a lower grade team then? Seems that this would be a positive and neccessary step to achieve this?
It would certainly help greatly with team cohesion instead of splitting all our players up into different Q Cup sides every week. Its why I think the Titans will have great success moving forward next year when they go it alone.

It would certainly help greatly with team cohesion instead of splitting all our players up into different Q Cup sides every week. Its why I think the Titans will have great success moving forward next year when they go it alone.

Titans aren't doing that.

No, the Storm have the same model as the Broncos and they have had success.
What's our current arrangement with the affiliates??

Like do we give them financial support, coaching, clinics for their juniors, etc.?

I worry that NRL athletes are getting beyond Qcup and NSW cup guys that arent in a Top 30 system and getting all the strength and conditioning that goes with it.

If the next level down cant keep up... and realistically how can part time footy players be expected to keep up with full time athletes that have everything looked after for them... then where do we find the late bloomers in qcup that help with fleshing out a squad... the Kobes and Jensens.

And if we cant find them from our affiliates then we have to buy them from other teams Top 30 squads.

I think we have a good balance geographically at the moment with Wynnum in Brisbane, the strong Logan catchment with Souths and then a GC rep in Burleigh.

Is there any option to get into really long term agreements with these clubs... like +10yrs... and then work with them so that their facilities, coaching, high performance, etc. is basically top of the qcup.

Redcliffe will grow as the Dolphins grow so that is potentially the closest a QLD team is going to have to a NSWRL setup where they can go from U8's to NRL... but is there an option for Broncos to do something similar via our affiliates where we just have a serious long term arrangement that U8's from those clubs can see a pathway to NRL via Broncos.

Work with them on funding to ensure they can keep up as much as is possible.

Sure we will lose some kids but building with the relationship with the affiliates has them telling us which kids are the real deal and we can look to make sure they stay.

It seems like broncos development system is identifying the best kids, give them scholarships at 13 or so, most likely provide some clinics, etc. but then waiting for them to get through Meninga and eventually assigning them to an affiliate.

We leave a lot of the development in the hands of the affiliates, but they only have so much in terms of resources... NSWRL teams basically have pathways from U8' to NRL and I'm sure there are advantages particular in coaching and fitness programs... possibly even the use of facilities ie. being able to use the NRL team's high performance centres, etc.

There was talk they were forming their own team next year in the Queensland cup. Did that fall through?
Yeah something happened with it (Qcup wanting them to fully fund it or something??) and it didnt go ahead, but that was after they cut ties with Burleigh which is why we ended up with them.

I think they might only have one affiliate at the moment??

There was talk they were forming their own team next year in the Queensland cup. Did that fall through?

QRL were happy for them to try but it was reliant on funding. They went with Tweed and Ipswich for their players when the ARLC didn't want to fund it.

Only Titans and Cowboys wanted it.

What's our current arrangement with the affiliates??

Like do we give them financial support, coaching, clinics for their juniors, etc.?

I worry that NRL athletes are getting beyond Qcup and NSW cup guys that arent in a Top 30 system and getting all the strength and conditioning that goes with it.

If the next level down cant keep up... and realistically how can part time footy players be expected to keep up with full time athletes that have everything looked after for them... then where do we find the late bloomers in qcup that help with fleshing out a squad... the Kobes and Jensens.

And if we cant find them from our affiliates then we have to buy them from other teams Top 30 squads.

I think we have a good balance geographically at the moment with Wynnum in Brisbane, the strong Logan catchment with Souths and then a GC rep in Burleigh.

Is there any option to get into really long term agreements with these clubs... like +10yrs... and then work with them so that their facilities, coaching, high performance, etc. is basically top of the qcup.

Redcliffe will grow as the Dolphins grow so that is potentially the closest a QLD team is going to have to a NSWRL setup where they can go from U8's to NRL... but is there an option for Broncos to do something similar via our affiliates where we just have a serious long term arrangement that U8's from those clubs can see a pathway to NRL via Broncos.

Work with them on funding to ensure they can keep up as much as is possible.

Sure we will lose some kids but building with the relationship with the affiliates has them telling us which kids are the real deal and we can look to make sure they stay.

It seems like broncos development system is identifying the best kids, give them scholarships at 13 or so, most likely provide some clinics, etc. but then waiting for them to get through Meninga and eventually assigning them to an affiliate.

We leave a lot of the development in the hands of the affiliates, but they only have so much in terms of resources... NSWRL teams basically have pathways from U8' to NRL and I'm sure there are advantages particular in coaching and fitness programs... possibly even the use of facilities ie. being able to use the NRL team's high performance centres, etc.

Broncos pay an amount to their three feeders for the length of the contract and that involves things like clinics and coaching PD, players doing train and trial. Ballin speaks to all three coaches on Monday and Briers watches video with them.

Rogers is a Cup player and he's gone from Cup to NRL at 27. He's played 98 Cup games now and he keeps up.

Penrith obviously have become the benchmark, but Storm still do it the same way as the Broncos and have success.

Cowboys went it alone last season with the Blackhawks and didn't make the 8 and sacked Payne and have now gone back to using the Pride and Cutters.

There are success stories for both systems, and failures.

I don't think that there is one way, whatever you do you just have to do it well. The Broncos have tried having their own team and having three and stick with three and want to stick with three.

My only concern with this method is we're never going to achieve the complete control you were mentioning that made the panthers so successful. The Storm route, that club has a lot of pull as the most successful club over the last 20 years, coming to a bit of a halt in the last 4 years. Panthers are the "next gen" and will likely be the most successful club in the 2020s at least, if not for the next 10-20 years. Do we need to keep pace with these changes?

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • rnabokov
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.