2025 Pre-season discussion. Longer, harder: 6-12, 18 weeks. Reconnecting.

That`s what managers are for .
They (eels) would still want to hear words coming out of his very own mouth, not just his manager, Which is quite obvious. Understandable from Madges perspective why he wouldn't want to go through those negotiations during coaching his first origin series after a couple of losing series for NSW

They (eels) would still want to hear words coming out of his very own mouth, not just his manager, Which is quite obvious. Understandable from Madges perspective why he wouldn't want to go through those negotiations during coaching his first origin series after a couple of losing series for NSW
I forgot . There was also the Wayne Bennet factor as well .

In case you're wondering how the major shareholders feel about missing the finals, here's how the share price correlates with on-field success. Good luck with this.

View attachment 29494

It has nothing to do with on field performance, as proven by the biggest spike happening in the back of 2021.

Unless that was to do with the Reyno signing, but what should have the most impact on is the financials and in that we are arguably better than ever with best in the NRL era Attendance and membership.

Cobbo, Walsh, Staggs, Mozer, and Willison are all free to sign elsewhere in 2 months time. Club might be holding its cards close it it’s chest until they get some signatures sorted.
Heres the scenario - you are DD, and you have all the above players and their managers in a room.

You say "Ok, we are now open to discussing terms on your next Broncos contract now before the deadline."

You then see a number of hands go up and say to you "we aren't interested in re-signing cause we don't want to be coached by Kevvie".

The question is;

1. Which ones from the above are you happy to call their bluff?

2. Which ones would make you reconsider - if any?

Heres the scenario - you are DD, and you have all the above players and their managers in a room.

You say "Ok, we are now open to discussing terms on your next Broncos contract now before the deadline."

You then see a number of hands go up and say to you "we aren't interested in re-signing cause we don't want to be coached by Kevvie".

The question is;

in this scenario is DD fully backing walters?

The question is;

Well, I want Kev moved on so I would say “Great, we’re on the same page”.

I also don’t want Cobbo and barely want Staggs so I kind of don’t care what those 2 say. Losing Mozer or Walsh would give me something to think about. Willison is great but you don’t make long term club decisions on a 21 year old prop.

It's just for shits and giggles really, but as DD, that decision is up to you...
Well if they are dictating who they will and won't play for now what's to say they don't get the shits will the next coach and try it again? I tell them this is how it is you are either on board with the decision or feel free to move on can't have players tossing the toys out the cott like that.

Hockey Fuck Off GIF by Barstool Sports

The question is;

You'd have to be a weak gutted dog of an individual to do that without having a conversation with Kev first.

Unread

Active Now

• scobie
  • Morkel
  • Lurker
  • Jedhead
  • BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.