22/23 Off season - what must be done?

Pray we don't get 2x Storm/Penrith when the draw comes out
Find a hooker
Plan a boot camp
We will definitely get the storm and roosters twice next year without a doubt. And parra

The club needs to find a hooker desperately.

Then the last piece of the puzzle is to find a genuine superstar. Walsh, Cobbo, Mamm don't care, they need to be a spine player and a darling of the NRL. That's the only way you can compete in todays premiership. You need a genuine young marquee who they can all love so you will get the calls needed to win the important games. Reynolds is great but isn't a media darling they can all jizz about and doesn't do the flash plays. We need a mega star in this team to take it to the next level.
We need the AFL to announce a 2nd Brisbane team if we are going to be allowed to improve under this regime.

An assistant coach needs appointing with the capability to replace KW should he fail next season

Josh Hannay and/or Adrian Lam would be great. I don't think Lam would come on as an assistant but as mentioned elsewhere, I've been a fan of him for some time and he just won the championship in England after a longish and successful stint in the Super League. He's one I would be putting feelers out to and finding out if he would be interested if the opportunity came up.

Then the last piece of the puzzle is to find a genuine superstar. Walsh, Cobbo, Mamm don't care, they need to be a spine player and a darling of the NRL. That's the only way you can compete in todays premiership. You need a genuine young marquee who they can all love so you will get the calls needed to win the important games. Reynolds is great but isn't a media darling they can all jizz about and doesn't do the flash plays. We need a mega star in this team to take it to the next level.
David Fifita was that person, then he chased the $$

The only way to make it work is to have rich people who love the club pay people outside the cap. Ken Talbot was that guy for us. I'm not sure the old thoroughbreds give a shit anymore.

I think nothing major, the trend is positive.

Perhaps deal with the Payne issue decisively. you clearly need dickheads in your team it seems, but you take the Melbourne D’s and you can just see how much Munster, Smith, NAS hurt when they lose.. they are just winners, not clear to me at all that Payne has that.. though he is ace in the D department.

Obviously need more quality in the spine.. but literally everything management have been doing or trying to do seems to make a lot of sense, which is so different from previous years, and great to see!

Trending up.. they would be a solid BUY if they were a stock.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • sooticus
  • Mustafur
  • Browny
  • Spoon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • davidp
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Cavalo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.