Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
I think most would've said;

1) Top 8 min
2) Player progression
3) No more 30+ point pastings.

We're on track to fail all 3.
#2 has definitely been the case for many of the squad. Most realistic fans tipped them out of the 8 and a playoff spot would have been a pleasant surprise.

When you hit rock bottom, lopsided scorelines are still going to be prevalent from time to time, especially so soon afterwards. The ghosts of Seibold and his fucked up entourage haven't fully vacated the club and will still probably haunt us for a couple years yet.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
I know we've just been spanked twice but if you did a poll at the start of the year, most would've said 8ith/9th would be a realistic position for us to end up in with where we've been the past few years.

I guess what makes it hard to cop is that we were in the top 4 only a month or so ago. My gut feel is that Parra win came too easy, we scored a few arsey tries, it was the same sort of game we've played in 90% of our games, start poorly, have to defend well and then we come into the game. In the past 2 weeks those trademark poor starts have put the game out of reach after about 20 minutes and then things compound and suddenly we get towelled up.

I would like to see us put in a really good performance next week, just to give the fans some sign of assurance that things aren't that bad. Realistically we've been towelled up by 2 of the genuine premiership contenders at a time when they're really looking to launch. We've been found out a bit late in the season. I guess what we all need to know, is there an internal problem that has caused this or are the players just not ready to punch out a solid season yet.
I agree that finishing 9th (assuming we do) and missing out on the finals was probably a par score before a ball had been kicked off this season but i think what cant be excused is the 50+ scorelines. These were meant to be a thing of the past and pretty sure about 8 of our 10 losses we have had 30+ put on us which is really disappointing and shows how much work there is still to do.

B

bert_lifts

QCup Player
May 15, 2021
yeah that's the issue. There is no good hookers off contract. Having Payne's money available is all well and good but there's no one to spend it on. Going all in on Ben Hunt is the only short term solution right now but doubt he wants to play 9 at club level. So yeah, pretty much poor roster management has screwed us again. No idea why recruitment has never prioritized hookers. It's the 2nd/3rd most important position on the field

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
**** Payne Haas off and spend every spare cent we have on going after Harry Grant.
Grant is a bridge too far but pretty hard to argue that Haas or Staggs should be sacrificed for a hooker.

I am a Staggs fan but can admit keeping Herbie over him would be the smarter play if it comes to it.

Wish we had have been talking to a hooker when we were well in the 8 rather than convincing someone whilst we aren't playing finals...

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
Yeah that’ll be mad in 2026
Indeed - current off contract hookers:

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
By 2026 Mozer will probably be ready for the NRL
This is what I don't get - it seems like it's all potential right now as everyone saying he's not even close to ready. The Kid's 18 - his NRL window should be opening in the next 12 months from an age perspective surely, even if it's off the bench to give Paix a rest.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
We need an established hooker.
It’s that simple.

Grant, Hunt, Api, Cook, Robson, Mahoney, Braily, Cheese, Simpkin

I don’t know how we get them but we gotta get one of them
Offer them Haas and Staggs with the option of riki

K

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
1. Walters to get the sack and Flanagan get signed up asap.
2. Cooper Johns or Brando Wakeham be signed to replace Billy Walters.
3. James Tamou, Martin Tapau or Jordan Mclean be signed for a fair price to replace Ryan James.
4. Esan Masters to be signed.
5. Try to swap Munster for Haas to the best of our clubs ability.
Thats the best changes I can see us possibly making and keeping the squad we have.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
1. Walters to get the sack and Flanagan get signed up asap.
2. Cooper Johns or Brando Wakeham be signed to replace Billy Walters.
3. James Tamou, Martin Tapau or Jordan Mclean be signed for a fair price to replace Ryan James.
4. Esan Masters to be signed.
5. Try to swap Munster for Haas to the best of our clubs ability.
Thats the best changes I can see us possibly making and keeping the squad we have.

Then we will back in 12 months with another few BHQ generated scape goats.

By the way, getting a drug cheat as a coach, yeah, nah.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017

FOCUS 2: Second rowers supporting halves in defensive line

- The most basic and fundamental job of our second rowers should be to support their halves in defence
- Every second rower who wants first grade game time has to prove that they can sit in the pocket of the half on their side of the field and prevent 1-on-1 situations... That's their singular most important KPI and first priority at all times

Opposition run block plays to keep the defending 2nd rower marking the man inside .
And isolating the halves . The dayz of Tony Carrol are long gone I`m afraid .

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • whykickamoocow
  • mitch222
  • Santa
  • BooKhaki
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.