CRICKET 24/25 Queensland Bulls

I think McSweeney is a lot closer to clicking but none the less I think those 2 are the 2 middle/top order bats that Australia need to come on a bit in this and potentially next shield season to pick up some very clear slack that’s going to be left by the current continingents. I think the Aussie batting side now is in a position where the lack of pressure on there positions, lack of hunger and relaxed environment created by Cummins and McDonald has probably caused the spiral in quality in the Australian team in the batting of late. The only saving grace is the rest of world cricket has declined in the same area so they haven’t had to worry about it.

Konstas, Carey, Inglis and McSweeney the pick of the bats by some margin so far this year. Harris and Handscomb doing decently as always but nothing to bother going back there. Connolly, Phillipe, Davies, Clayton and Hunt showing glimpses that they might be able to provide something in the nearish future if it all just clicks a bit.

Interesting to watch that Carey and Inglis battle cause I have seen enough of Carey to know for fact that this purple patch of form is not going to translate to the test arena against India. I think Inglis is someone we should be keen to really force into that side but you just can’t justify it when Carey is playing just as well. Just another year this bloke is somehow gonna manage to keep Inglis out of a red ball gig. His talents are gonna be wasted very soon if we can’t sneak him in somewhere.

I see there is some talk about picking Inglis to open. I'm not sure how I feel about it but honestly, they need to get him in there somewhere. Personally, I'd put Marsh to open (they won't drop him) and tell him to just go out there and be aggressive. That way you could bring in Inglis at 6.

I think McSweeney is a lot closer to clicking but none the less I think those 2 are the 2 middle/top order bats that Australia need to come on a bit in this and potentially next shield season to pick up some very clear slack that’s going to be left by the current continingents. I think the Aussie batting side now is in a position where the lack of pressure on there positions, lack of hunger and relaxed environment created by Cummins and McDonald has probably caused the spiral in quality in the Australian team in the batting of late. The only saving grace is the rest of world cricket has declined in the same area so they haven’t had to worry about it.

Konstas, Carey, Inglis and McSweeney the pick of the bats by some margin so far this year. Harris and Handscomb doing decently as always but nothing to bother going back there. Connolly, Phillipe, Davies, Clayton and Hunt showing glimpses that they might be able to provide something in the nearish future if it all just clicks a bit.

Interesting to watch that Carey and Inglis battle cause I have seen enough of Carey to know for fact that this purple patch of form is not going to translate to the test arena against India. I think Inglis is someone we should be keen to really force into that side but you just can’t justify it when Carey is playing just as well. Just another year this bloke is somehow gonna manage to keep Inglis out of a red ball gig. His talents are gonna be wasted very soon if we can’t sneak him in somewhere.
Just continuing on a bit.

1. Konstas
2. Spin the wheel
3. Labuschagne
4. McSweeney
5. Green
6. Head
7. Inglis

That’s really quite a good batting lineup to get coming through.

If they decide Konstas isn’t up to it for mine you have to look at that list there and say who else do we need to get an opportunity and really it’s McSweeney. I’d be putting Marsh up top and squeezing McSweeney in at 5 or 6. 5 makes more sense tactically but Travis won’t like that. That way if Marsh can find his feet at opener when Uzzie is done you can get Konstas in there with Marsh until someone else is good enough to knock Marsh into his retirement home. That way we are actually getting our best batters some experience and putting ourselves in a position to be better in the future. By playing

1. Khawaja
2. Marsh
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith
5. McSweeney
6. Head
7. Carey

You don’t quite rush an underdone Konstas in. You put your best performing top order bat in domestic cricket some time at the crease so he is ready to go to 4 when Smith retires (likely to be his last summer just looking at what he is producing at the minute). Then you reap the returns of… going forward:

1. Konstas
2. Marsh
3. Labuschagne
4. McSweeney
5. Green
6. Head
7. Carey/Inglis

I see there is some talk about picking Inglis to open. I'm not sure how I feel about it but honestly, they need to get him in there somewhere. Personally, I'd put Marsh to open (they won't drop him) and tell him to just go out there and be aggressive. That way you could bring in Inglis at 6.
Yeah I’ve thought about that as well but if you are putting marsh to opener I’m getting the guy that’s actually going to bat top order in the near future some reps over the bloke who is likely to bat 7 when and if he breaks into the side. Inglis could be a shout to open the batting as well. I’m a big believer that opening in red ball cricket just isn’t the same but I think he has a better technique and presence than marsh to do it. I just personally think as rude as it is Marsh’s career, confidence and form is the most expendable at his age and position of batting. But yeah I’d be trying to fit Konstas or McSweeney in rather than some nothing opener. Konstas first just cause I think that’s more of a glaring hole but if he doesn’t stay up to it I’d sneak McSweeney in there.

Yeah I’ve thought about that as well but if you are putting marsh to opener I’m getting the guy that’s actually going to bat top order in the near future some reps over the bloke who is likely to bat 7 when and if he breaks into the side. Inglis could be a shout to open the batting as well. I’m a big believer that opening in red ball cricket just isn’t the same but I think he has a better technique and presence than marsh to do it. I just personally think as rude as it is Marsh’s career, confidence and form is the most expendable at his age and position of batting. But yeah I’d be trying to fit Konstas or McSweeney in rather than some nothing opener. Konstas first just cause I think that’s more of a glaring hole but if he doesn’t stay up to it I’d sneak McSweeney in there.

Given how badly Labushagne has been for ages now, you could even make an argument to make him open to try and force some change there to try and make him improve but that has just as many reasons not to do it as it does to do it.

Given how badly Labushagne has been for ages now, you could even make an argument to make him open to try and force some change there to try and make him improve but that has just as many reasons not to do it as it does to do it.
Yeah you’d consider it but I’d personally lean towards giving him 3 and of his form drops bye bye. Been shit enough long enough now that you can just drop him if that’s what you need. It’s only so long until McSweeney is undeniable and I think Green would likely want to bat 4 whole 5 is feasible. If Labuschagne doesn’t pull his finger out on the wrong side of 30 he will get the push.

3. McSweeney
4. Green
5. Head
6. Hardie/Davies/Connolly/Marsh
7. Inglis

Not quite there yet so if McSweeney becomes the undeniable selection I think he will become very soon I think it’s a case of Head dropping to 6, and Green or Nathan at 4 and 5 with Labs at 3 but there is enough quality coming through in that 6 spot that someone is going to be tough not to pick pretty soon and Labuschagne and Smith are looking big time the odd ones out. Obviously the vacancy at opener might prove to be his saviour but I can’t see him being successful there.

Yeah you’d consider it but I’d personally lean towards giving him 3 and of his form drops bye bye. Been shit enough long enough now that you can just drop him if that’s what you need. It’s only so long until McSweeney is undeniable and I think Green would likely want to bat 4 whole 5 is feasible. If Labuschagne doesn’t pull his finger out on the wrong side of 30 he will get the push.

3. McSweeney
4. Green
5. Head
6. Hardie/Davies/Connolly/Marsh
7. Inglis

Not quite there yet so if McSweeney becomes the undeniable selection I think he will become very soon I think it’s a case of Head dropping to 6, and Green or Nathan at 4 and 5 with Labs at 3 but there is enough quality coming through in that 6 spot that someone is going to be tough not to pick pretty soon and Labuschagne and Smith are looking big time the odd ones out. Obviously the vacancy at opener might prove to be his saviour but I can’t see him being successful there.

And ultimately, you would back Smith over Labs if it comes down to the choice even though both suck right now. Hopefully though, they both turn it around in the test series because they will both be there.

And ultimately, you would back Smith over Labs if it comes down to the choice even though both suck right now. Hopefully though, they both turn it around in the test series because they will both be there.
Yeah for sure but I just don’t think smith can go much longer tbh mate. He hasn’t looked good for a while now. I think he will just cause I don’t think he knows when enough is enough but he has been fortunate that nobody has been coming through or he would be under insatiable pressure.

Yeah for sure but I just don’t think smith can go much longer tbh mate. He hasn’t looked good for a while now. I think he will just cause I don’t think he knows when enough is enough but he has been fortunate that nobody has been coming through or he would be under insatiable pressure.

I suspect he wants to get to 10000 runs. I wouldn't be surprised if he calls it after that if he has another lean summer.

Unread

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • ekv1
  • Sproj
  • Jason Simmons
  • tajhay
  • cento
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Howie
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • bb_gun
  • Rah88
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • IceWorks
  • Aldo
  • Dexter
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.