BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
G'Day Folks,

This will sound a bit like Tony Greig..

But They are selling these limited edition prints (5000) at Australia Post

1275106254.jpg

It's a portrait of the 12 captains of Origin in the last 30 years.

They are $70 each - But because they are only being sold in Australia Post stores they arent getting a lot of exposure to people who are interested. I got a couple and the picture doesnt do them justice.

There is nothing in it for me, I just thought there may be a few people here who would be interested, that haven't seen it. Most of the proceeds go to FOGs who do some great work in the community.

As a special offer to BHQ, anyone who buys one, I'll shout the Postage to anywhere in Australia.

If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM.

Not sure of the exact dimensions Queenslander but I have seen them up close and they are a good size and a lot of "hidden details" on it as well.

Sorry I know that doesn't help much haha!!

Does anyone know of a good framing shop in Brisbane that will do it cheap??

I think it's something like 80 x 45 (cm)

Here is the stories within the painting -

Darren Lockyer is known for saying very little post game. He generally sits quietly, hand on chin and “thinks” about each play of the game. Here he sits posed aptly as Auguste Rodin’s “The Thinker”.

Allan Langer turned up to his 1st ever Origin training session having travelled from Ipswich on the old rattler carrying a worn out brown suitcase.The boys have quietly placed it on top of his locker for a laugh. Alf is also fiercely afraid of the dark so he has his own special “emergency” lamp in his locker. Rumour has it he also needs a bucket pre game; a result of nervous energy.

Kevin Walters only captained one Origin game and it was a heavy loss. When told of his inclusion in the painting he remarked that he was barely qualified to carry the drinks...touche’.

In the locker behind Gilly is a fire axe marked “In case of emergency - Get Trevor!” in reference to his nickname ”The Axe”. He still has a hospital ID on his wrist and a drip needle in his arm as Gilly once famously checked himself out of hospital to play a match.

The “King”Wally Lewis always drove the team bus. Whilst he thought he was giving the guys an inspiring ride to the game the white faces and lurching stomachs of the rest of the team suggests his driving might have been a touch on the “wild” side. Here Wally is holding the bus keys reminding the boys of the ride home. Note the sign above his locker.

Big Mal was unceremoniously dubbed “Chicken George” due to his love of chicken. For breakfast, lunch and dinner. Here Mal celebrates with ...not a beer but a drumstick.

Shane Webcke is a real farm boy and proud of his country roots. He often heads straight back to the bush after a game. Here he wants to know who stuck the “Tractor Club” postcard in his locker as he grabs his flannelette shirt.

There is always a chuckle when it comes to describing Fatty Vautins “warm up” routine. Whenever the team was instructed to stretch Fatty would comically sway from side to side. Here Jamie Cooper performs the impossible - Fatty Stretching...or trying to! Whilst he is sheepishly searching the room for the trainers one of the boys has quietly placed an old and unflattering Lowes catalogue next to him.

Arthur Beetsons pre game and post game ritual usually involved a specific dietry supplement - meat pies! Here Arthur indulges with the 1st of 6 for the evening. Adrian Lam smiles ruefully at the ability of the big man.

Cam Smith has brought along a copy of Bill Harrigans “Rule Book” to tease Gorden Tallis. Gordy reacts as usual to any reference to Harrigan and wants to tear it to pieces. Tallis was famously sent off after telling Harrigan he didn’t know the rules.

fogs-prop-med.jpg

Am I right by assuming that Tallis pulling Smith by the collar is a reference to his tackle on Brett Hodgson in 2002?

Certainly didn't hold back on Lockyer's physique. [icon_lol1.

I was about to say. When was he ever that big.

BroncoMatt said:
Cam Smith has brought along a copy of Bill Harrigans “Rule Book” to tease Gorden Tallis. Gordy reacts as usual to any reference to Harrigan and wants to tear it to pieces. Tallis was famously sent off after telling Harrigan he didn’t know the rules.

When I saw this, I thought it was the "pulling of the shirt" he did on Hodgson.

Active Now

• whykickamoocow
  • Behold
  • BroncosAlways
  • kiwi2
  • cento
  • Cavalo
  • broncsgoat
  • Lurker
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncorob
  • Jeza23
  • TimWhatley
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Strop
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • tajhay
  • Skathen
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.