5 New Immortals Named - Not Darren Lockyer

J

Jaybronq

May 4, 2017
Then the immortals concept is a joke...

Also... What in the hell is this judging panel?

Ray Warren

Phil Gould

Bob Fulton

steve crawley

Andrew johns.......????????????????????????????????????????????

Wally Lewis ( he already states mal maninga should be the next immortal so this is very confusing)

Ian Heads

Todd Greenberg ????????? WHAT in the???? why is he on here... he doesnt even no how to run the nrl and now he is going to be picking next immortal LOOOOL this jackass self appointed himself...

Now lets look at who got dropped of the panel.

Daily Telegraph editor Phil Rothfield,

RLW founding editor Geoff Prenter,

Broncos coach Wayne Bennett

Ray Hadley

Okay.. now, why did they drop wayne bennett??? i really dont understand it he was the only person on there who should have been there he has seen everyone play... and knows football better than most of the people on the panel?? so who was bennett axed for Todd Greenburg or phill gouild its ridiculous.. this panel is definitely not going to vote the right player in who is Darren lockyer...

Mal meninga will get it or maybe dally messenger... I mean mal was good but he isn't immortal status at all and should not be put in.. the rest i can't comment on cause i have never seen them play... also NO ONE living in the world has seen them play.. the fact the allowed people pre war to be inducted is stupid.. cause no one has seen them play. And then removed the one person who would have seen them play bennet of the panel just shows how incompetent the NRL is.

Steve Crawley is definitely a head scratcher. This is the guy who put Matt Nable on commentary despite him having no experience commentating. He also brought Steve 'Blocker' Roach back in from the abyss to colour commentate games on Fox Sports.

Steve Crawley is definitely a head scratcher. This is the guy who put Matt Nable on commentary despite him having no experience commentating. He also brought Steve 'Blocker' Roach back in from the abyss to colour commentate games on Fox Sports.
I'm a big fan of Nable. He adds something different to the team and he will only get better in time. Nothing wrong with Blocker either, he has genuine passion for the game.

Crawley will almost certainly vote for Meninga, it'd be good publicity for Fox to have the 9th immortal.

The concept is a joke and Lockyer will never be an immortal. It is bullshit but it is the case so we should all just get used to it.

Don't think he'll get it this time, it'll be like Meninga and some dude from the 60's. Probably Provan.

He'll get it next crop imo.

having said that, while I think it would be nice for Lockyer to get it, I don't really care that much, I'm not sure he would either.

Don't think he'll get it this time, it'll be like Meninga and some dude from the 60's. Probably Provan.

He'll get it next crop imo.

having said that, while I think it would be nice for Lockyer to get it, I don't really care that much, I'm not sure he would either.

If he doesn't get it this time he will never get it. Next time we will be into the Slater/Smith/Cronk/Inglis wankfest and he will have missed his opportunity. No one in the media except Paul Kent will even give a shit about him in a few years.

It will be Messenger and Provan.

If he doesn't get it this time he will never get it. Next time we will be into the Slater/Smith/Cronk/Inglis wankfest and he will have missed his opportunity. No one in the media except Paul Kent will even give a shit about him in a few years.
Nah see I reckon next time they'll do one from the 00's and then either jt/smith. And no one is going to get it over Lockyer if they do the 00's.

Also depends on the timeframe thing, supposed to be eligible 5 years after retirement right? So naturally if they do another one within the next 5 years neither smith nor JT would be eligible, unless they changed that.

How does Ray Warren get on the panel. The guy is a gambling addict.

Meninga & Provan would be my best guess.

Lockyer should become an immortal one day ... but IMO that day is not this year ... same reason that I don't think Johns should have become an immortal so soon ...

To me, Immortal status should mean that your talent is recognized over different eras (5 years after retirement is not different eras).

IMO the next two Immortal should be between Messenger, Provan and Meninga

I'd say Messenger is a given. You don't have to have seen him play to appreciate his importance to the sport.

The 2nd one is a toss up. Provan if the old blokes have their way. Meninga is a very good choice and most likely. If they try to be clever and surprise every body they'll pick Coote. Personally, I'd like to see them tidy up the pre-war era before moving on to any more recent players.

I'm going to be pissed if Thurston and Smith are made Immortals immediately upon their eligibility. The 5 year rule should be for induction into the Hall of Fame. Immortal status should be at least another 5 years after that.

So they gave it to the main broadcaster pretty much. Lol, NRL is a fucking joke.

Lockyer won't be voted in. No way, not when old boys from a time when they had next to no skill compared to today have their names thrown around like anyone actually has a clue how they played the game in this day and age.

JT is arguably not as good as Alfie or Fittler, it perplexes me that people consider him a lock. Same with Slater and Inglis. Smith and Lockyer should 100% be there.

Edit: The QLD side that made all of them famous was originally carried by Lockyer who was the spiritual leader and captain, then transitioned into Smith. The others were good players, but not at the same level. Just look at what happened to Melbourne in that GF without Smith + Bellamy's win rate without him. Look at what happened to us post-Locky as well.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • sooticus
  • Evander
  • Justwin
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Dazza 92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bongo
  • Lozza
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.