A Bronco Inspired Short Film

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
A post on here has got me thinking about a project.

Would anyone be interested in putting together a short film?
I'm throwing about ideas in my head about a story, inspired by my love of the team. I have no clue where to start, I have no idea why it appeals to me but I was letting my mind wander.

A suggested time frame might be the weeks leading up to WBs departure, Seeplods arrival, his abject failure, our teams failure, Seeplods departure and finishing with whatever time period corresponds with our first game under the new coach.
Or any other idea for a fun fan film( maybe fun to do but not necessarily a fun film)

I will tip in 10k in to a fund to get the ball rolling once we(whomever we are) and agreement on a story and direction is reached. I wouldn't be a prick I promise and I wouldn't insist on anything, even my involvement if it was deemed detrimental. I'd leave my investment behind.
I'm stone cold sober and rational at this point. Also a man of my word.
Or am I just a crazed old man.

No matter, would anyone think the idea has any merit?
Oh, by the way, such a project doesn't need a reason to exist. Just it might be fun should be enough.

A post on here has got me thinking about a project.

Would anyone be interested in putting together a short film?
I'm throwing about ideas in my head about a story, inspired by my love of the team. I have no clue where to start, I have no idea why it appeals to me but I was letting my mind wander.

A suggested time frame might be the weeks leading up to WBs departure, Seeplods arrival, his abject failure, our teams failure, Seeplods departure and finishing with whatever time period corresponds with our first game under the new coach.
Or any other idea for a fun fan film( maybe fun to do but not necessarily a fun film)

I will tip in 10k in to a fund to get the ball rolling once we(whomever we are) and agreement on a story and direction is reached. I wouldn't be a prick I promise and I wouldn't insist on anything, even my involvement if it was deemed detrimental. I'd leave my investment behind.
I'm stone cold sober and rational at this point. Also a man of my word.
Or am I just a crazed old man.

No matter, would anyone think the idea has any merit?
Oh, by the way, such a project doesn't need a reason to exist. Just it might be fun should be enough.
Jack Reed should be in it, mentored by Lockyer. It’s gonna work Huge. Do it!

Jack Reed should be in it, mentored by Lockyer. It’s gonna work Huge. Do it!
Nothing can work without a team! It just might be a crazy idea but it may be a fun project driven by passionate fans. I was guessing we have young and old film makers, budding and experienced camera people, make up artists dreamers and would be actors amongst our fans.

I wasn't thinking we needed people to pretend to be Bronco players but couldn't we find a Bennett, a Seeplod, a board of directors, a Kevvie and Greenie, or anything or anyone the group decided on? Hate to be the Seeplod character, maybe it be a comedy, a drama, a light hearted romp, whatever! The imagination can have it's way!

Anyway, I've got 10k to kiss goodbye!

You could probably just hire Seibold to play himself, the **** isn’t getting any other job anytime soon.

You could piece something together just from news footage clips, post game interviews, press releases, match highlights, etc, if all you wanted to do was document what happened. Get the windows movie maker software. Once you learn to use it (it's pretty easy) it is a lot of fun. Cost you about $60 for a lifetime license to use the full feature. You could script your own voice-over to tell the story of the season. (You could either be objective, "just the facts", or you could be unapologetically from the fan's perspective. You could interview fans as part of it, maybe just using phone camera footage for it, for that citizen journalist, man on the street feel. Get brief Q & A from older fans who remember the glory days, and younger ones who weren't around for that, etc, and cut/paste that footage into the mix).

Who knows, maybe higher profile dudes would respond to interview request, though I doubt they would say anything too controversial. (What a scoop, if they did though...) Former players or a bloke like Tallis might give you a good quotable to use, who knows...

You could get screenshots of this forum, or of reddit posts, or twitter tweets, to document fan reaction on the slow journey to the wooden spoon (and I mean going back through time as the events unfolded, from 2015, to WB's departure, and so on). That kind of thing. Take a screenshot of all that stuff as it played out on social media as well as regular media. Paste it into the video as it seems suitable. With your own voice-over to do a David Attenborough type of commentary. Use clips of the glory days (Renouf making a break, whatever), contrast with footage of the 58-0 thrashing, etc etc. News clips of all the drama of WB's exit. The false hope of Seibold's arrival. Etc.

If you're talking about scripting something and getting actors etc? Yeah nah I'd say forget that. Way too much hassle. Especially with this lockdown crap. I'd just use available footage. The win movie maker program has a feature that lets you download videos. Just drag / drop them into the project. (You can use music over the top, too. Just have to watch copywrite issues on youtube which sometimes cause a video to be blocked).

If / when complete you could upload it yourself to the web, might even make a dollar or two if it gets a lot of views. Or if it turns out really good, submit it to fox sports, see if they wanna run it, who knows.

If you want a project to kill some time in the off-season, why not. It would definitely kill time. Sometimes takes an hour or two just to properly put a 2-minute video together. Could still be a group effort if you wanted, people could chip in pictures or bits of footage they think is noteworthy.

Last edited:
Just get Matt Nable to do one of his 15 minute intros:

And Anthony Seibold, what about this bloke. Came from the humble German football team to lead the powerhouse Brisbane Broncis and joy what a season, what about him.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Tim K
  • Manofoneway
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  • Redux
  • broncos4life
  • Thelmus
  • Skathen
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.