NEWS A club divided

No that describes the club he works for.

... and lives for. That's the big difference, as opposed to those players who work for themselves, whose attitudes are corrosive to cohesion, who care about little else other than their bruised egos, or egos in general. I can name a few, and their influence on us has been so negative. One of Seibold's big problems is that he has rewarded them with permanent positions. If it was Bellamy or Robinson, they would have been dropped, but then they put in place systems based on a culture of accountability and players fit those or they don't play, or rather, don't get signed unless they show they can adapt to those systems.

Our culture of blame permits mediocrity as we all know

Last edited:
... and lives for. That's the big difference, as opposed to those players who work for themselves, whose attitudes are corrosive to cohesion, who care about little else other than their bruised egos, or egos in general. I can name a few, and their influence on us has been so negative. One of Seibold's big problems is that he has rewarded them with permanent positions. If it was Bellamy or Robinson, they would have been dropped, but then they put in place systems based on a culture of accountability and players fit those or they don't play, or rather, don't get signed unless they show they can adapt to those systems.

Remember when we hoped Seibold would come in and drop the players Wayne wouldnt. Yeah, pipe dream that one. Turns out he was even worse than Wayne.

Totally agree and it is why a guy like Mitch Aubussen has played 300 games for the one club. He isn't the most talented player around but he is very good in his role and MORE importantly, he lives and breathes the club.

It is another reason I feel getting Opacic back and playing him is so important, he lives and breathes the Broncos and while there might be other more talented players around, no one will match his desire and dedication to play for the club and he won't come into the sheds after the game having given anything less than 110%.

It has also made me appreciate Macca far more than I used to as well. No I don't want him at hooker because the spine are spots you do need gun players but I would happily play him at lock or off the bench if he is happy to do it. Again, he is one of the lesser talented players running around but he never gives less than 110%.

There are a few things even this current squad can build around. I LOVED Flegler's effort to chase down that winger for Cronulla and along with Haas, he is often the last guy chasing on the 85th line break of the game, shows those two really care. Carrigan tackles and runs himself to the point of exhaustion, that is what I want to see.

Because he puts the team first and not his ego. He puts the club, the team first, not himself. Irrespective of his age, he is for mine our long term captain, and will be one of our best as he gains experience, and, the hardest part of all, respect from his team mates who ought to focus on the team instead of bruised egos, contracts/dollars and what the club can do for them, rather than what they can do for their team and their club (paraphrasing JFK).

What all this means is carrigan is to good for this club.
Career wise he would be better off leaving this clusterfuck for a professionally run outfit.
Who knows how long he will have to put up with this shitstorm. It will likely hinder his development as a player.

Career wise he would be better off leaving this clusterfuck for a professionally run outfit.
Who knows how long he will have to put up with this shitstorm. It will likely hinder his development as a player.

I hope, and I think I am right, that Carrigan sees beyond just his personal development and career as a player. I see Patty as a team player and a proud Bronco, especially his piece in the media about everyone needing to reflect the qualities of Webcke. I reckon he will stay the distance, and his job will be a lot easier once certain corrosive influences on the club and the team leave or retire.

Last edited:
. I reckon he will stay the distance, and his job will be a lot easier once certain corrosive influences on the club and the team leave or retire.
It depends on how long it takes to get past all this current shit.
Loyalty is a commendable trait but if it’s not reciprocated he will just be taken for a ride and he doesn’t deserve that.

Totally agree and it is why a guy like Mitch Aubussen has played 300 games for the one club. He isn't the most talented player around but he is very good in his role and MORE importantly, he lives and breathes the club.

It is another reason I feel getting Opacic back and playing him is so important, he lives and breathes the Broncos and while there might be other more talented players around, no one will match his desire and dedication to play for the club and he won't come into the sheds after the game having given anything less than 110%.

It has also made me appreciate Macca far more than I used to as well. No I don't want him at hooker because the spine are spots you do need gun players but I would happily play him at lock or off the bench if he is happy to do it. Again, he is one of the lesser talented players running around but he never gives less than 110%.

There are a few things even this current squad can build around. I LOVED Flegler's effort to chase down that winger for Cronulla and along with Haas, he is often the last guy chasing on the 85th line break of the game, shows those two really care. Carrigan tackles and runs himself to the point of exhaustion, that is what I want to see.
I thought Macca left because he wasn't getting a go in his preferred position. Hardly the same "club first mentality" you're speaking of.

I thought Macca left because he wasn't getting a go in his preferred position. Hardly the same "club first mentality" you're speaking of.

Yea it is a fair point but in his defense, he didn’t complain about his demotion and preferred position but when the opportunity came up to play that position, he took it. Again, he didn’t complain or Have a go at the club on the way out. I don’t think it’s really all that different to Opacic. But you raise a fair point.

Sorry if it has been mentioned somewhere around here already but I thought Kotoni Staggs comments on NiTV were interesting to say the least

“There’s some boys there in leadership that are not really doing their job and I think there’s a lot of young boys in there that are getting away with a bit,”

I dont think Kotoni is in a position to be critical of anyone that. He is almost 22 years old and still couldn't do the right thing.

Fucken oath.....!! It seems to me that too many no name wanna be first graders at the Broncos, who are still cutting their teeth in the game ......all of a sudden think their opinion matters.

Hey Kotoni....STFU you idiot and instead concentrate on not being out of position every fucken game you play and stop leaking points like a mother fucker in defence.

Sorry if it has been mentioned somewhere around here already but I thought Kotoni Staggs comments on NiTV were interesting to say the least

“There’s some boys there in leadership that are not really doing their job and I think there’s a lot of young boys in there that are getting away with a bit,”
Does anyone know which way the players are split (who's i n what "groups"). Because if it's a clear cut case of the want to be/don't want to be, and the drop off in talent isn't massive then I'd side with the group that want to be here and cut out the ENTIRE cancerous group of not-wanting-to-be-here players in one go.

Fucken oath.....!! It seems to me that too many no name wanna be first graders at the Broncos, who are still cutting their teeth in the game ......all of a sudden think their opinion matters.

Hey Kotoni....STFU you idiot and instead concentrate on not being out of position every fucken game you play and stop leaking points like a mother fucker in defence.
That's just the new generation of kids , think they know it all and then post on social media. And don't get me started on the new craze Dic Coc ....... or whatever it is.

Can everyone just **** off with the bullshit "Ohh Haas/Staggs/Coates/Herbie/Dearden/ Carrigan should leave because this club is a shambles and it will hinder their development"

Fucking over all this self loathing pathetic bullshit ... feels like I'm on reddit or LU half the time around this place

Last edited:

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Astro
  • OnToSomething
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Pablo
  • heartly87
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.