A-league Grand Final BRFC vs CCM

Best free ticket I have ever received! I was saying at the start of the match that it would be awesome if there was a penalty shootout and look what happened ROARZ!

That was an awesome game. The atmosphere was electric and it's up there for one of the best games I've been to.

Soccer fans - I've been told that would be the greatest comeback in modern football. Would that be correct?

lolz at douchebags getting butthurt about the roar winning and the publicity that comes with it. Get over yourselves!

Jeb - it's probably about as good as it gets in terms of comebacks. Do keep in mind the different levels of skill in football though.

I gotta admit that I like my soccer in small doses but if you love your sport, you would love that game. What.a.comeback.

Jeba said:
Soccer fans - I've been told that would be the greatest comeback in modern football. Would that be correct?
The 1999 Champions League final between Bayern and ManUtd is up there:
90 mins played and 3 mins extra time given, result 1-0 for Bayern.
90:37 ManUtd equalises 1-1
92:13 ManUtd scores 2-1 and goes on to win the most coveted trophee in club football.

ningnangnong said:
Istanbul 2005.

yep hard to beat, spurred on by listening to celebrations in the milan dressing room at half time, liverpool used a lot of heart to peg back a technically superior side from 3-0 down to 3-3 and then went on to win in penalties.

ningnangnong said:
Istanbul 2005.
That was a fantastic comeback from Liverpool in normal time, to eventually win it in penalties, but not as dramatic as that CL final or today's game for that matter.

Sevilla 2003 was pretty good too! icon_thumbs_u

No one even thought Liverpool would make it past the group stage, let alone comeback from 3-0 down against what was probably the strongest side in Europe at the time.

I am biased of course, but nothing will ever beat that.

ningnangnong said:
No one even thought Liverpool would make it past the group stage, let alone comeback from 3-0 down against what was probably the strongest side in Europe at the time.

I am biased of course, but nothing will ever beat that.
I'm not talking as a club fan, because otherwise, nothing will ever beat Viena 1987 and Sevilla 2003.

But as last minute comeback goes, this A-League final and the 1999 CL final rank way up there.

Oh yeah..

2-0 down, half time in extra time- our group said f it- time to get in for a cab before everyone leaves..

sooo there we have it.

183203_10150211679222796_748407795_9136893_258130_n.jpg

[icon_drun [icon_drun [icon_drun

The Brizz said:
Most emotional I have ever been watching sport, what a roller coaster. Better team won on the day and on the season despite the way we went down, hallmark of our team is the way we dig in and refuse to give up our unbeaten run and today was another example of the guts this side shows.

You talking about the Knights 1997 Premiership?? [icon_shru

Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Brizz":1vunz3vx]Most emotional I have ever been watching sport, what a roller coaster. Better team won on the day and on the season despite the way we went down, hallmark of our team is the way we dig in and refuse to give up our unbeaten run and today was another example of the guts this side shows.

You talking about the Knights 1997 Premiership?? [icon_shru[/quote:1vunz3vx]

well considering Newcastle weren't even close to the best side that year, I would say not!

What a night! I still can't believe it happened. Amazing stuff. Rapt I was able to be there.

The roar from the crowd when the equaliser went in was as loud as I've heard a crowd at any sporting event I've been to (Origins, NRL GFs). The place was shaking. We were never going to lose the shootout after that.

Credit to Ange & the boys for a truly fantastic season. Thoroughly deserved all the success they've got

Oh yeah baby, loved it, better atmosphere than any Origin I have ever been to.

The boys were lucky and full credit to CCM, but as we sing to you "2 nil and you farked it up"

On a side note, Matt Ryan will be a superstar overseas make no doubt about that, the Socceroos are safe between the sticks when Schwarzer decides to retire icon_thumbs_u

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • IceWorks
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.