PLAYER Adam Reynolds

I thought JD went alright in his first season as the head coach, you'd think he would have learned a bit and would be able to take the team to the next level and they started this season really well but then the wheels completely fell off.

Much like Kevvie this year, he will be under the torch if he can't get Souths going the right way after their collapse.

Not sure he has the gun youth coming through Kevvie had either though.

I thought JD went alright in his first season as the head coach, you'd think he would have learned a bit and would be able to take the team to the next level and they started this season really well but then the wheels completely fell off.

Much like Kevvie this year, he will be under the torch if he can't get Souths going the right way after their collapse.
I think JD's biggest failure has been his inability to run a united front. When big Sam went out on his own and managed to get Dom Young to agree to come over he should have congratulated Sam and took the prize with both hands. If for instance Sam had failed it meant nothing to JD's status.

The fact he spat the dummy which resulted in Sam walking away and the following omnishambles that beset souffs could have been averted if JD had been big enough to allow Sam's ego to score a win or two.

JD's insecurity will end up costing him his job next season as he will be under the spotlight from the get go.

Well summed up! Interesting to note that all our tries were on the right and each one was different - Walsh, Riki, Staggs and Cobbo. We peppered their Young centre all night and he and his second row were just confused totally. Mam was quiet but it was a clear plan to hit right all night.

Who knows, against the Knights / Warriors, we'll direct everything left and it is just as potent. And hey, if that doesn't work, we'll get you through the middle. Such a good coaching team and halfback we have that know how to use our overabundance of weapons.

It hasn't changed all season.

Right-60/116
Middle 19/116
Left- 37/116

Broncos never go full left; that's why Herbie and Staggs swap. It's designed to get Herbie ball and work to Reynolds/Mam's strengths/weakens.

Just in contrast Panthers are much more balanced in their attack.

Right-46/115
Middle-30/115
Left-39/115

Souths performance last year was mostly associated with Latrell coming back and playing like 2021 Turbo for the back half of the year.

Prior to that they were pretty well floundering.

Most thought the same would happen this year when Latrell came back from his mid-year break, but he failed to fire and Souths fell out of the 8 completely.

Anasta trying to change the narrative to make Souths look better. talking about how Reynolds wanted "Significant money for a long period of time"

then threw up the figure of $800k to $900k a season for 3 years

- Club legend.
- Cleanskin, quality bloke.
- Inspiring captain.
- Consistent, still performing at a high level.
- Loyal, willing to talk dollars in exchange for years.

What a scrub, bet they are glad they are rid of him.

- Club legend.
- Inspiring captain.

I think what Souths thought they were doing was a Wally/Kev type measure and planning ahead.

They didn't want to be the club that signed Reynolds for four years and then ended up him being injured and meanwhile Illias is playing well for Dragons, and everyone says idiots.

There was a period at the Broncos where Bennett made an artform of it and very rarely got it wrong.

I think what Souths thought they were doing was a Wally/Kev type measure and planning ahead.

They didn't want to be the club that signed Reynolds for four years and then ended up him being injured and meanwhile Illias is playing well for Dragons, and everyone says idiots.

There was a period at the Broncos where Bennett made an artform of it and very rarely got it wrong.

It makes sense even if it has blown up in their faces in hindsight. Ilias looked extremely promising, kind of like the version of Walker. He has fallen off a cliff sense but no doubt the talent is still there.

If it had worked out, it would have been smart and if Reynolds had fallen off a cliff, they could have ended up with a situation like us with Boyd.

They backed the wrong horse lol arey over walker every day of the week would have been perfect for Ilias to partner in the halves.

But **** the vermin their loss our gain for many years to come

It hasn't changed all season.

Right-60/116
Middle 19/116
Left- 37/116

Broncos never go full left; that's why Herbie and Staggs swap. It's designed to get Herbie ball and work to Reynolds/Mam's strengths/weakens.

Just in contrast Panthers are much more balanced in their attack.

Right-46/115
Middle-30/115
Left-39/115
This has what has frustrated me in general over the past few seasons. It's not like we are not scoring points on the left edge, we are on par with the Panthers, It's more that we score so few down the middle. For all the ability of our forward pack, I feel we have generally struggled to put points on through the middle.

If teams aren't worried about the middle when we are close to the line, then it is that much easier to defend out wide.

I wonder what our conversion rate after tackles close to the line is compared to other teams. We have scored a lot of points this season on the wings, but I wonder if that is more to do with our ability to score from anywhere (outside the 20) that our ability to convert pressure in the opposition 20.

- Club legend.
- Inspiring captain.

What you mean cleanskin do you even watch the footy? ;)

Replacing halves in the modern day is the hardest job in squad management.

The talent coming through just seem to be years away from being ready whilst there seems to be such a huge advantage to experience more than ever.

Alot of people have said due to the bigger islander boys dominating the youth ranks alot of parents are reluctant to have their kids play especially the smaller ones that end up playing in the halves positions, for what ever truth there is to it it's obvious something has changed in the modern game surrounding Halves(specifically 7s) coming through.

Maybe it's time to have clubs link up more with SL clubs and have them play a season over there instead of keeping them in reserve grade for years.

This has what has frustrated me in general over the past few seasons. It's not like we are not scoring points on the left edge, we are on par with the Panthers, It's more that we score so few down the middle. For all the ability of our forward pack, I feel we have generally struggled to put points on through the middle.

If teams aren't worried about the middle when we are close to the line, then it is that much easier to defend out wide.

I wonder what our conversion rate after tackles close to the line is compared to other teams. We have scored a lot of points this season on the wings, but I wonder if that is more to do with our ability to score from anywhere (outside the 20) that our ability to convert pressure in the opposition 20.
I think it’s wrong to say other teams don’t worry about our middle close to the line. Sometimes, its not just about what happens on tackle 5, but also what happens on tackle 1,2,3 and 4 as well.

I agree with this.... but also, you look at Haas and have to wonder why he doesn't score more off crash plays.

I think its because he just lacks physicality. He doesnt hit hard or hit the line hard. His game is about him being a rather large, supreme athlete.

I think its because he just lacks physicality. He doesnt hit hard or hit the line hard. His game is about him being a rather large, supreme athlete.

Sure, but...

Why Dont We Have Both GIF

I keep raving about it but if you look into it, almost every coach looks promising in the first year after Wayne. Second year is when things tend to go to shit. It’s happening again.

Active Now

• Santa
  • barker
  • Fozz
  • lynx000
  • broncotville
  • NSW stables
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manifesto
  • Foordy
  • Tim K
  • theshed
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.