PLAYER Adam Reynolds

The calls to not re-sign Walsh are ridiculous. I'd sooner get rid of Cobbo and Staggs and replace them with hard working centres/ wingers on 300-400k that make the tough carries out of trouble (think Skelton or Iro type players, both of which are on shit all money but are invaluable to their teams when they play).

Redirect the 1.5 mil or so we're forking out for our lazy, MIA merchant centres to Swalker (if you think this is bad, imagine 2026 with Madden or a green Coby Black) + 2rf depth.

If we lose Walsh then be ready for years of bottom 8 and bottom 4 finishes
Yeah for christ sake I get people are upset but let's be reasonable here. Walsh is the only guy in our team that looks a threat. He literally did it himself for two of our tries today including contesting his own bomb ffs. He has his faults but at least he's offering something.

Name one other player in our squad who's offering any attacking threat.

There needs to be a sweet spot for a Walsh resigning. Clearly 1.5m is crazy. Edwards and Tedesco are benchmarks for all fullbacks, and its clear he's not quite that level. We should obviously resign him, but not at the cost of another player or two when depth is clearly an issue.

Staggs is all mouth and no action. Dropping that ball on the first tackle was the start of our slide today. His hit-ups coming out of our own end are powder puff weak as piss, and his defending today was not that of someone creaming $650 K or so from our cap. Why we kept this spud and never tried to offload him and keep Herbie is beyond me.

Staggs is all mouth and no action. Dropping that ball on the first tackle was the start of our slide today. His hit-ups coming out of our own end are powder puff weak as piss, and his defending today was not that of someone creaming $650 K or so from our cap. Why we kept this spud and never tried to offload him and keep Herbie is beyond me.
Yeah for someone who is taking no carries you'd think he would have energy to defend...but his defence sucks too, including getting stood up on a simple 2 on 2 off a scrum for a Titans try.

His defence has never been good since he started with us. Why he has failed to work and improve on this is a head scratcher. His 2 metre Carrie’s from our end zone are just ridiculous for a guy with his power and build. Mind you Riki is even worse at the minute.

Staggs was our best player last week.

Reynolds has led us to back to back 20+ point losses in a row. He’s no saviour. Be surprised if he even plays next year. We’re gonna suck again and again. The culture at the club is shit.

His defence has never been good since he started with us. Why he has failed to work and improve on this is a head scratcher. His 2 metre Carrie’s from our end zone are just ridiculous for a guy with his power and build. Mind you Riki is even worse at the minute.
Riki is the definition of looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane this year. He's got one play, kick chase. Not enough to be a locked in starter.

Don't get me started on Kotoni. He's a show pony. Loves the flashy stuff, can't defend this year. The 2 on 2 try would've been a try in touch footy, let alone tackle. He got snapped pointlessly.

The calls to not re-sign Walsh are ridiculous. I'd sooner get rid of Cobbo and Staggs and replace them with hard working centres/ wingers on 300-400k that make the tough carries out of trouble (think Skelton or Iro type players, both of which are on shit all money but are invaluable to their teams when they play).

Redirect the 1.5 mil or so we're forking out for our lazy, MIA merchant centres to Swalker (if you think this is bad, imagine 2026 with Madden or a green Coby Black) + 2rf depth.

Is anyone saying dont re-sign Reece?

I'm in the camp of keep him, but not on the type of contract they are talking about. I dont think we can afford to make a player who isnt the total package our highest paid player ever.

Totally agree though with the comments about the centers, but its not just them. We have a lot of players being paid money they havent earned.

Reynolds has led us to back to back 20+ point losses in a row. He’s no saviour. Be surprised if he even plays next year. We’re gonna suck again and again. The culture at the club is shit.
Souths could see his declining condition and offered him only a year by year contract. Seemingly heartless for a club legend, but the right decision. One we should mimic.

Kevvie outbid them as a Hail Mary to give us an instant playmaker, mentor a young team and groom a future halves pairing. The club dangled the prospect of a future in coaching, and then caved on extending his contract further despite him losing his touch (see short dropouts for more) and struggling to stay on the field.

He was only ever meant to bandaid over our developmental problems for a year, maybe two and then fade into the background as we launched our next Alfie Langer. Instead we put it all down on Jock Madden, who went on to stink it up in the QLD Cup. Then we extended Josh Rogers, a distinctly Cup level journeyman.

We now are betting it all on Coby Black, a kid who looks the business, but hasn't done anything at senior level to warrant such a gamble. While Reyno has been publicly guaranteed the captaincy as long as he can hobble onto the field.

Kevvie has really fucked the club here, while always keeping his eye on his child's job security.

None of this is Adam Reynold's fault. But if we're to bring in a new coach, that coach must come with a halfback ready to assume this exact role. ALL OVER AGAIN.

Souths could see his declining condition and offered him only a year by year contract. Seemingly heartless for a club legend, but the right decision. One we should mimic.

Kevvie outbid them as a Hail Mary to give us an instant playmaker, mentor a young team and groom a future halves pairing. The club dangled the prospect of a future in coaching, and then caved on extending his contract further despite him losing his touch (see short dropouts for more) and struggling to stay on the field.

He was only ever meant to bandaid over our developmental problems for a year, maybe two and then fade into the background as we launched our next Alfie Langer. Instead we put it all down on Jock Madden, who went on to stink it up in the QLD Cup. Then we extended Josh Rogers, a distinctly Cup level journeyman.

We now are betting it all on Coby Black, a kid who looks the business, but hasn't done anything at senior level to warrant such a gamble. While Reyno has been publicly guaranteed the captaincy as long as he can hobble onto the field.

Kevvie has really fucked the club here, while always keeping his eye on his child's job security.

None of this is Adam Reynold's fault. But if we're to bring in a new coach, that coach must come with a halfback ready to assume this exact role. ALL OVER AGAIN.
Maybe Trent barrett will bring Moses lol

Any possible behind the scenes issues we are not privvy to aside, Reynolds was the best thing to happen to our club in years. I would hate to have seen what the last 4 years looked like without Reynolds, it was bad enough with him.

Countless times he dragged this team kicking and screaming to victories despite endless errors, dumb plays, and terrible coaching.

Any possible behind the scenes issues we are not privvy to aside, Reynolds was the best thing to happen to our club in years. I would hate to have seen what the last 4 years looked like without Reynolds, it was bad enough with him.

Countless times he dragged this team kicking and screaming to victories despite endless errors, dumb plays, and terrible coaching.
Yes, Adam did what was expected of him and has been an impeccable captain. It was the club that didn't follow through.

Yes, Adam did what was expected of him and has been an impeccable captain. It was the club that didn't follow through.
I want to know who's job it is to set up the systems at the place... If it's Kevvie then who was the one that decided to leave all of the football department in the hands of a rookie coach.

If it's DD then why is our CEO responsible for the largest revenue club and also the football side of things??

Like who's job is it to manage the entire football side of the team? Is it Lockyer as part of the board that is overseeing the football department? (Is he the only one that has actual football knowledge / experience in upper management at the club)

Whose job will it be to dissect this season and figure out all the reasons why we've gone from GF to bottom 4 and then have answers to remedy the situation.

I actually haven’t given up on Ezra as a good long term 7. I think he showed glimpses during Reynolds absence when he got frustrated at the back end of games that he was capable of leading the team around.

After one or two games of Madden stinking it up, Ezra should’ve been given the 7 and told it was his team until Adam gets back.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • eggstar10
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • kwomo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.