PLAYER Adam Reynolds

But he played that last 10 minutes fine.
Kicked a goal, kicked for the Kobe no try
It’s possible to do it when you are warmed up. Injuries come to the fore once you cool down.

I’m sure the hit to the groin had absolutely no effect on his hammy later that week…..

Sounds like a statement out of clubland. Fact is there were a number of us who called for it because we could foresee a likely future problem that could have been avoided. That problem ended up eventuating. I love kevvie as a coach so far but he fucked up on this occasion, hopefully he learns from it.

We may as well just pay him out of his contract and not play him again if we're going to take that approach.

I do think if we’re up by that much we should just bring him off early and have Walters fill in. Not that I blame that decision for his current injury but it just seems like good player management.

It’s possible to do it when you are warmed up. Injuries come to the fore once you cool down.
The message might of come out to come off but he might of wanted to finish the game with his team mates which is a very likely scenario.
I do think if we’re up by that much we should just bring him off early and have Walters fill in. Not that I blame that decision for his current injury but it just seems like good player management.
Towards the back end of the year once we're locked in for finals I think we will see him get put on ice alot more same with Kurt.
Gives us a opportunity to get some game time into Ezra or try other things just incase a injury happens like Martin at 6 and Herbie/Cobbo to 1.

I reckon Adam has already done what he needed to do with this team to be honest.
Of course its better if he plays, but it seems to me that in the time he has been in the side, he has flipped a switch in a lot of players in regards to confidence and a winning mentality which is evident by the win in the game he was out.

The side is for sure better with him playing, but the impact he has had in the mindset of this group cannot be understated.

As Bert said though, it couldn't happen at a better time with the bye coming up.

😂😂

Attachments

• 9CD14C21-B929-4621-AD4E-0D179528B796.png
    9CD14C21-B929-4621-AD4E-0D179528B796.png
    872.1 KB · Views: 92
I can't say how glad I am we locked away Ezra Mam, for a kid in his 2nd game some of the passes he was putting on last night, deadset taking the piss.
Agree. The fact he grew up playing in the second row has meant we have a half that is totally solid in defence. Fifita picked him out all night to ran at and as Capes said in the presser "he stood his ground". I know @1910 has rightly criticised his defence while playing ISC, but last night there was hardly any sign of it.

He's also a very good talker during interviews so I suspect his communications skills during the heat of the battle will be spot on. All he needs now is a run in the NRL to cement his confidence and belief in himself. I think Reyno has a perfect protege to work with.

Agree. The fact he grew up playing in the second row has meant we have a half that is totally solid in defence. Fifita picked him out all night to ran at and as Capes said in the presser "he stood his ground". I know @1910 has rightly criticised his defence while playing ISC, but last night there was hardly any sign of it.

He's also a very good talker during interviews so I suspect his communications skills during the heat of the battle will be spot on. All he needs now is a run in the NRL to cement his confidence and belief in himself. I think Reyno has a perfect protege to work with.
Yeah Ezra is a rough diamond. Heaps of talent there, good passing, good running, good defence.

He just needs to focus on the mental aspect, and when to chime in and out of games. That comes from experience and guidance... Aka Adam Reynolds

In both games so far, I've felt he could have helped Gamble out a lot more when we were on the back foot.

But in saying that, I'm very very pleased with how he's performed.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Fozz
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • westy316
  • Brocko
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • Organix
  • Dash
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.