AFL 2008 Thread

Kan Huang

Kan Huang

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Is anyone looking forward to watching a few new-look teams and some changes to the premiership race as opposed to previous seasons?

I'm looking forward to seeing a revitalised Swans team with an injection of youth!

Also looking forward to seeing Chris Judd don the Blues jersey in his first ever regular season game for Carlton and hopefully give the Tigers a belting as I've never had much of a liking for them due to their inability to remain competitive despite so many years of rebuilding!

Hoping to see Hawthorn take it to the next level and wreak havoc across the field as they have the talent to do so! Buddy Frankline for the Coleman! Adam Goodes for the Brownlow again! Cyril Rioli for the Rising Star!

EDIT: Disregard this post.

Go the mighty Bombers!

Coleman - Lloyd
Brownlow - Hodge
Winner - Geelong
Spoon - Melbourne

The Bombers - Heart 4th, Head 10th

I'm not the biggest AFL fan around but;

LIONS FTW icon_thumbs_u

Lions all the way. I am spewing i will be missing the Lions game next friday nite..

I support two teams: Carlton, and whoever's playing the Lions.

Go the Lions. If not them St Kilda.

Unfortunately I think Collingwood will win it this year [icon_frown

Personally I can't see anyone getting close to Geelong this year

Provided Geelong doesn't have a post-premiership slump then I don't see why they can't go back to back. If they stay injury free and stay out of trouble off the field then I think it'd be difficult to outplay them! The Swans did get relatively close to them late in the year and probably were the only ones (besides Port) that had the Cats questioning their own abilities.

I think this year will see the emergence of St Kilda as a real contender. As is the case with the Hawks!

North Melbourne Kangaroo's. icon_thumbs_u

The kangaroos are the best. Followed closely by the Eagles.

I hate the Swans.

What is it with people hating the Swans?

Is it because they're just that good at frustrating opposition teams? [icon_evillaugh

SimplyBronco said:
What is it with people hating the Swans?

Is it because they're just that good at frustrating opposition teams? [icon_evillaugh

They do play a particularly unattractive/negative style. More importantly the Bombers won _woohoo_

The Swans are probably the most boring team to watch out of any football code I reckon, including wog-ball.

Well true, they can be quite boring when they want to be.. eusa_think

But if anyone saw a glimpse of the game against Port is in for a rude shock! [icon_evillaugh Who would've thought Port would get hammered like that. Again - the Swans prove the doubters that they can be a top 4 side.

I'm looking forward to the traditional clash this weekend:

South Melbourne vs Fitzroy.

Fierce rivals!

Hawthorn FTW. I'm consistently going to re-iterate this throughout the season.

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • Jason Simmons
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Tmac
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • IceWorks
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.