AFL 2008 Thread

Woo! Swans vs Eagles tonight!

Hoping for another epic encounter. _woohoo_

I might not go to the AFL game and go home in the arvo...Seafood fest is on in at Caxton Street. [icon_drun [icon_lol1.

Barry Hall will be having a long break on the sideline me thinks.

Je$ter said:
Barry Hall will be having a long break on the sideline me thinks.

Karma made him run wrist first into the boundary advertising boards [icon_lol1.

[icon_lol1. Then Karma's name would in fact be Darren Glass.

I think he'll be sitting out for 4 - 6 weeks. Can't see the guy contesting the charge, just a matter of how much he can reduce it.

Woah, Holy F*** anyone see the Lions port game. Jesus, what a 4th quarter.

Oh and BTW. Hawthorn still unbeaten Haters. icon_thumbs_u

They'll fold at some stage Lachy. icon_thumbs_u

Hall smacked with 7 weeks. Quite deservedly so and I dare say he is actually quite lucky to be only given 7 in comparison to previous incidents.

To be fair Barry has behaved well for ages no suspensions since 02 or 03 I think. However if Danny Williams gets 18 for his king hit on Mark O'Neill I think Hall deserved at least12 for what he did.

The suspension actually worked out at about 10 weeks I heard today. They took his guilty plea into account which is why it came down to 7 weeks plus 90 pts carried over.

Two belter of games from last night and then this afternoon!

First Kangas coming from behind to steal it from the Pies and then the Dogs snatching a draw against the Tigers. _woohoo_

Hawthorn again showing their supremacy. Take that haters. 8 year drought broken.

Hawks got slapped by the Doggies.

How good are Bradshaw and Browny going for Brisbane!?

Absolute shellackings this round and Sydney looming as a huge contender for another top 4 berth! Still too early to tell but at the moment it looks as if it's going to be this for the top 4:

1. Cats
2. Hawks
3. Dogs
4. Swans/Pies

Pies are hitting good form. I know beating the Eagles isn't much of an achievement these days but the way they dealt with Geelong last week, they'll win the flag with that sort of form.

Pies are looking the goods but are known for choking when it matters.. Great to see the Hawks lose can't stand them as a side but they are great to watch.

My smokey for the Premiership is the Western Bulldogs I think they have the run to take it to Geelong and the Hawks..

Great to see my team the Lions going well I think the are one year of really challenging for a Premiership.

Browny is a Champion by the way...

Lions definately are building well. Maybe not this year but IMO they will win a Premiership within the next 4 years.

Jebadude said:
Lions definately are building well. Maybe not this year but IMO they will win a Premiership within the next 4 years.

They have some quality youngsters in the backline and the midfield is purring along plus they have 2 fairly decent forwards, if they stay fit they are a top4 chance no doubt.

The only issue I see is if one of the two key forwards go bust with an injury then they're going to look fairly predictable unless they can nurture some crumbing forwards to help out Browny or Bradshaw in the goal square when the ball is spoilt from the pack. Hooper is looking good but loving the form of Tim Notting! He's been in blistering form and his work off the ball has been great!

The Lions have Mitch Clark and Lachie Henderson who are both very capable big men if injuries do take there toll. Lions have quite good depth this year. Next year is there year IMO.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Broncos Maestro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.