AFL 2008 Thread

Memo to Leigh Matthews: LEAVE YOUR HANDS OFF THE GABBA PITCH YOU WANKER!!

The Gabba's official name is the Brisbane CRICKET Ground. Therefore CRICKET should have priority for decisions about the ground. NO WAY should they go for drop in pitches for the sake of a few AFL chumps getting some bruises and sore knees!

If they don't like it, then the Lions can up and build their own AFL ground somewhere else.

Coxy said:
Memo to Leigh Matthews: LEAVE YOUR HANDS OFF THE GABBA PITCH YOU WANKER!!

The Gabba's official name is the Brisbane CRICKET Ground. Therefore CRICKET should have priority for decisions about the ground. NO WAY should they go for drop in pitches for the sake of a few AFL chumps getting some bruises and sore knees!

If they don't like it, then the Lions can up and build their own AFL ground somewhere else.
i concur!

Nice to see the Lions can't even win on a ground where there isn't a hard centre wicket.

Maybe Matthews should focus on his team being a pretender, rather than worrying about the ground?

Yep. Congrats Hawthorn. Once again the 3rd quarter was the premiership quarter. Dominated.

Just a pity Geelong couldn't kick straight. Imagine if that lame arse sport didn't give you a point for missing? They'd have been FLOGGED! :P

HAHAHA, YOU ALL DOUBTED ME WHEN I SAID IT. BUT THEY DID IT.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TRULY THE BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD!!!!! This means more to me than anything else ever.

Glad to be proven wrong. If any team deserves a premiership this season it was Hawthorn purely because of consistency. Well done to them and sucked in to the Catters!

LOLZ! Geelong lose 1 game right up to the GF and yet Hawthorn deserve to win because of consistency? LOLZ x 100.

Kan said:
Glad to be proven wrong. If any team deserves a premiership this season it was Hawthorn purely because of consistency. Well done to them and sucked in to the Catters!
Oh please, If any team deserved to win the premiership it was the Roos.

They thrashed Hawthorn each time they played them and came within 13 points of Geelong. So I say the Kangas deserved to win.

You can argue if you like but I still think Kangaroos deserved to win. Theirs nothing you can do or say to stop me

Bronco_for_life said:
Kan said:
Oh please, If any team deserved to win the premiership it was the Roos.

They thrashed Hawthorn each time they played them and came within 13 points of Geelong. So I say the Kangas deserved to win.

You can argue if you like but I still think Kangaroos deserved to win. Theirs nothing you can do or say to stop me

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Hawks beat the roos in rivarly round!

Coxy said:
LOLZ! Geelong lose 1 game right up to the GF and yet Hawthorn deserve to win because of consistency? LOLZ x 100.

I suppose I left a bit out Coxy. [icon_lol1. It was meant to mean any team other than Geelong. They went in deserved favourites and everyone leaned towards them that they would become back-to-back premiers but Hawthorn have done just as well considering their performances leading up to the finals and throughout it.

Kangas have always choked during finals and that hasn't changed. Beaten by a struggling Swans side who only just managed to capture SOME sort of form into the finals after beating Brisbane. They never deserved to win anything and only play well with a 'backs against the wall' approach.

To be fair, the Kangas have learnt to be backs to the wall since Wayne Carey was on the crawl.

I wonder if Geelong is going to spend some time practicing how to not miss. I mean, I know the sport does reward you for missing, but seriously, 22 misses in a grand final? LOLZ (OK, from what I saw, Hawthorn deliberately pushed about 6 or 7 through for behinds...there's a rule the gAyFL have to deal with...I reckon deliberate, uncontested rushed behinds should result in a free kick right in front).

Coxy said:
To be fair, the Kangas have learnt to be backs to the wall since Wayne Carey was on the crawl.

I wonder if Geelong is going to spend some time practicing how to not miss. I mean, I know the sport does reward you for missing, but seriously, 22 misses in a grand final? LOLZ (OK, from what I saw, Hawthorn deliberately pushed about 6 or 7 through for behinds...there's a rule the gAyFL have to deal with...I reckon deliberate, uncontested rushed behinds should result in a free kick right in front).

Bit harsh there I think Coxy. Perhaps 3 points for a deliberate rushed behind is more suitable which they've been practicing in the pre-season competition.

nup. It's teh gay that teams rush behinds. Should be like an own goal if it's done deliberately. Kick from in front is as good as that.

I'm with you Kan. 3 points for a rushed behind. icon_thumbs_u

Pretty sure they trialled that in the pre-season along with the super goal for 9 points for kicks from outside the 50 metre line. Don't like the supergoal however like the 3 points for a rushed.

Yeah, I remember the 3 points being introduced recently. Also kicking back isn't counted as a mark either.

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • Jason Simmons
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Tmac
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • IceWorks
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.