AFL, NRL 'among athletes' in drug scandal

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Just name them, as a season ticket holders and supporters of the game we deserve to know. We technically pay them.

It is believed NRL and AFL players may have also been among those who tested positive in what could become Australia's biggest doping scandal.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that the nine athletes tested positive for the banned chemical stimulant methylhexaneamine, or DMAA, used in body building and dietary supplements and increasingly used as a component of some party drugs.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/who-are ... z138WF3aN6

It is in a number of pre-workout supps I believe, so I don't think any of them would've taken it on purpose.

And before you say 'they should read the label,' a lot of these supps have what they call 'proprietary blends' and can kind of beat around the bush as to what is in their stuff.

the stuff the take is all given to them and the manufacturers even guarantee that none of the stuff they take has the bad stuffin it. I thinks its the 'players; who go buy stuff over the counter.

But from what I am hearing, the NRL and AFL have said none of there payers are involved. They have received no notification as to any players involved and they should have by now. But.... who knows?

On the radio earlier they said 3 players from the NRL, but they are no name players.

I've heard that 4 rugby league players have tested positive but are all lower grade. 1 From Toyota Cup, 2 from NSW Cup and 1 from Bundaberg Cup.

Yeah i just read that too. Things they do to try and get ahead. A dam shame if true.

Kaz said:
On the radio earlier they said 3 players from the NRL, but they are no name players.

If you play NRL your not a no name, there are NRL players and NRL stars icon_thumbs_u

This is what the Nigerian chick that got stripped of the 100m women's gold in Dehli tested positive to. So I would doubt that any of our Comm Games athletes were using it.

But yeah I have heard that it is lower grade players.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.