Alex Glenn responds

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
Not sure what Glenn’s angle is here, drawing on the mental health issues in regards to criticism, deflecting any negative press as social media bullying.

Finger pointing and zero accountability. This guy is a weak captain.

5C142A6E 8DFD 4641 B70F 347630E1C60C

Yep, and all of this talk about a divide between the senior players and Seibold, to see an empty chair next to Seibold at the presser on Saturday spoke volumes. Glenn is a toiler but he is no captain. He's too much of a larriken for his players to take seriously.

I mean look, there is probably some pretty low stuff directed at these guys on social media on a regular basis, so I can understand that must be pretty frustrating and even distressing after a while.

That said, the lack of ownership and accountability, and in particular the lack of any sort of obvious empathy with the fans in a post like this, is to me just bizarre at a time like this.

I was really keen for Glenn to be given his chance to Captain this club and show us what he could do with the opportunity, but I have to say, putting this sort of stuff out on social media certainly makes even me question whether he is in fact a part of the problem rather than the guy to help lead us out of it.

Last edited:
To me it's time they all turned their phones off to anything but calls
Stop reading , listening to media and just get on with it.
Everyone is in a frenzy with suggestions on how to move forward, it would eat you up so turn it off boys.

It'll work out okay with most of the team forming a scab over media wounding with time. It might galvanize the team with a common bond based on the correct notion that the current media driven optics really don't matter. It could mean a common disgust is created with the media portrayal that the team is lazy, uncommitted etc. It really is at a tipping point.

I really feel for poor Glenn as I’ve been there myself. Your team works hard (with the odd lazy arsehole) but you get hamstrung with a weak leader (coach), and an equally weak or indecisive Board that is more willing to blame any external factor but themselves (like the orange one in the good ole States).

As captain he needs to shoulder some blame but you can’t pin everything on him when literally over 90% of our problems right now rest totally on the coach, support staff he has chosen and the higher ups.

I warned people time and again that Seibold wants to be the “cool uncle” and not enforce any rules. Wayne may have been passed the modern game but at least he knew when to use the stick or carrot (unless it was Darbs but I digress).

Like others have said, it’s time to make everyone accountable and not buck pass anymore. If this means harsher consequences, then do be it!

He needs to understand the statesmanship that goes with the territory of being captain of our club. Can appreciate that he is no linguist but that ranting looks like something from a BLM protest.

He needs to understand the statesmanship that goes with the territory of being captain of our club. Can appreciate that he is no linguist but that ranting looks like something from a BLM protest.
This is right. On the one hand I get where Glenn is coming from - in addition to the bullshit that gets peddled by old media, players are probably being bombarded with abuse from absolute loons on social media. But they need to rise above it. Asking the rabble to be nice isn't going to work. Ignore them and set your mind to winning. That's the only way they'll shut people up.

Imagine having the nerve to complain about criticism and "online bullying" when you're captaining the club in the midst of the worst 5 weeks of football the club has played in its existence.

Really sums up the fragile mentality of this playing group.

Not sure what Glenn’s angle is here, drawing on the mental health issues in regards to criticism, deflecting any negative press as social media bullying.

Finger pointing and zero accountability. This guy is a weak captain.
This is why you need to win.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
  • Porthoz
  • tajhay
  • Foordy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Fatboy
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosAlways
  • Stinger
  • Manofoneway
  • Xzei
  • Astro
  • Old Mate
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Redux
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.