Alex Glenn responds

I feel for Glenn here. He is trying to lead and stand up for his team and I can't fault that. So I think a bit of perspective is needed. He CAN hold his head up high after last game, he tried his butt off and he tried to inspire his team from the get go, right to the end. I am not going to fault that.

The problem though is what this says about the playing group. Everyone suspected they were fragile, this proves it. They deserve criticism. I suspect that it is a case (as has been mentioned by people on here before) that they are used to being the big kid on campus and just smashing other kids because they are bigger and faster than them. At this level, this doesn't work anymore. They are up against structure and professionalism. These kids are sooking because it isn't as easy as they thought it would be and this goes for the big kids like Milford and Oates too.

The 5 losses isn't the problem, it is the 5 FLOGGINGS that are the problem. It is the 5 examples of absolutely giving up and sulking. People can handle a side losing, people can't handle a side not even trying and giving up, particularly at a time when so many GOOD workers are being laid off through no fault of their own and would give their left arms to get even one opportunity at this level. They would NEVER give up and treat it like their own personal right to wear this jersey.
Yep, if they continue to pull this shit, fans will begin to enjoy seeing them lose.

It may well be a case of 'giving up' not knowing what to do. They seem lost to me for not knowing rather then bludging. I saw Glenn make three tackles in a row, at least he knows.

If my customer at work thinks my team did a rubbish job, they tell us. They say we did not perform and we aren’t paying the bill.

Criticism is meant to build resolve and high performance teams!!

Actions speak louder than words in this sport Alex Glenn , sorry you're a bit sensitive about what's being said around you mate . From where we're sitting ,it just looks like a lot of you boys don't give a **** , especially when you've been on a hiding to nothing , and we have noticed that's become the norm lately . You are and can be part of the solution like the rest of the team, if you all choose to be . Maybe sit the team down with a video of how the Broncos used to play Rugby League , and maybe you could just point out how you lot could try to do things just a little bit better . **** the Coach , he's obviously got no idea. So sorry If this all sounds a bit condescending, but for the money you blokes are getting win or lose , we just expect a bit FUCKING more . I mean my fucking must havachat neighbour just looked at me this morning, and just shook his head and walked away . You're not he only ones taking shit for this teams suckhole performances ol son . If this means you have to work with what you've got ,then you all need an attitude adjustment and actually start working harder for each other .You're now the team Captain of a once great NRL Club , so shut the **** up and start being one .

Lexy mate - you did your talking on the field on Saturday night. Don't spoil it all by letting on you are all reading the comments on social media. You're the captain lead by example. Tell the whole group, no demand that the whole group quits all social media for the rest of the season.

If their egos are that fragile they shouldn't be on there anyway. I know it's a very young side and the lack of experience means there is still a long way to go. But I read the Titans fielded an even less experienced team on Saturday night and they absolutely flogged us. Let me say that again -THEY ABSOLUTELY FLOGGED US.

Yeh a good supporter will always take the good times with the bad, but so does the team matey. The performances the team are putting out at present deserve to be ridiculed. The fan base have shown time and time again that they are the most loyal fans in the comp. But if it looks like a turd and smells like a turd we're gonna call it out for being a turd.

In almost 30 years I have never seen such a poorly performing rabble represent our club. Either they get their shit together or expect a heap more criticism anytime soon.

It's unfortunate, but a post like yours is in grave danger of creating an unwanted polarization among the fan base. Surely our media officer never saw this before you posted it?

We were never ever as inept as we have been over the last 10 games under Bennett.
We've had 3 longer losing streaks than the current one and made the finals in all of them. We were even premiers in 2006 after losing 8 straight matches. There is still precedent for hope, as forlorn as it might seem right now.

Screenshot 2020 06 29 List of Brisbane Broncos records   Wikipedia

All of those winning streaks winning streaks were a long time ago.

All of those winning streaks winning streaks were a long time ago.
Also the current losing streak hasn't ended yet. And it might be worth mentioning our losing streaks typically coincided with having 20 players out for Origin.

Last edited:
We've had 3 longer losing streaks than the current one and made the finals in all of them. We were even premiers in 2006 after losing 8 straight matches. There is still precedent for hope, as forlorn as it might seem right now.

View attachment 8384

Would be interested to know the losing margins in those losing streaks. I can almost guarantee it's nothing like what we're witnessing this year (where the team essentially gives up at the first sign of adversity)

Would be interested to know the losing margins in those losing streaks. I can almost guarantee it's nothing like what we're witnessing this year (where the team essentially gives up at the first sign of adversity)
Oh I think we can safely assume Seibold has been stacking up the records in that regard.

Is there any games in there where we were the home team, more experienced than the opposition, played against 12 men for a quarter of the first half, failed to score in that time indeed ended up giving a try away and still went in 22- zip down?

Man it pains me to say it - but that's as grim as it gets (I hope).

Last edited:
How can round 22 2005- round 1 2016 be 8 straight games unless it’s including trials

View attachment 8384

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncs30
  • TimWhatley
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Strop
  • The Don
  • Midean
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Lurker
  • Organix
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.