Alex Glenn responds

Has anyone seen these death threats? Did Glenn produce any proof or is he just trying to justify his little tantrum he had.

So.. there were no death threats, just trolls on the internet on brand new accounts saying 'kill yourself' to certain player(s).

Don't get me wrong.. those people are fuckwits and deserve a kick in the head.. but.. how does shit like that seriously affect professional athletes?

How frail must your mental resolve be if brand new social media accounts with 0 followers talking shit to you online results in you needing to seek professional help from the clubs welfare officer?

Am I being insensitive here? Maybe. I've played online video games for 15 years, you become pretty accustomed to all forms of verbal abuse pretty quickly if do. Water off a ducks back.

I wasn’t annoyed by Alex’s defensive post....

...but I was very annoyed (call me boomer if you must) during the lock down the Broncos started posting pics of them rocking up to training like they were NBA stars getting their “drip on”. With hindsight it looks like that was their only efforts during that time. All lead by Alex Glenn.

(ftr Joffa looked smokin)

lol the only people that tell others to kill themselves on the internet are edgy 14yr olds. Glenn is just doing his best to change the narrative in the media this week.

Last edited:
Of course he's right about that sort of stuff being totally unacceptable and of course no one should have to put up with that sort of stuff. There are dead shits in all walks of life and Broncos fans are no different.

If I was the Captain though, I'd be trying to make sure that in addressing this issue with the media that I at least took a moment to acknowledge what I'm sure would be the overwhelming majority of fans who have been far milder and more reasonable in their criticisms to let them know the players and coaching staff feel their pain, agree things are not good enough and need to change, and reinforce that they are all working tirelessly to turn it around.

It's fine to say you're hurting, but when you're publicly smiling and laughing just minutes after a result that honestly should have been an embarassment for you and your team mates, it's a tough one for the fans to cop. I'd confidently wager you couldn't find 17 fans anywhere in Queensland that would have been smiling and laughing so quickly after that result.

Last edited:
I wasn’t annoyed by Alex’s defensive post....

...but I was very annoyed (call me boomer if you must) during the lock down the Broncos started posting pics of them rocking up to training like they were NBA stars getting their “drip on”. With hindsight it looks like that was their only efforts during that time. All lead by Alex Glenn.

(ftr Joffa looked smokin)

It’s funny how so many of them watched the last dance but the only thing they got out of it was rocking up to the game trying to look rich.

If I was the Captain though, I'd be trying to make sure that in addressing this issue with the media that I at least took a moment to acknowledge what I'm sure would be the overwhelming majority of fans who have been far milder and more reasonable in their criticisms to let them know the players and coaching staff feel their pain, agree things are not good enough and need to change, and reinforce that they are all working tirelessly to turn it around.

he did that in his initial tweet. see the OP

lol the only people that tell others to kill themselves on the internet are edgy 14yr olds. Glenn is just doing his best to change the narrative in the media this week.

I dunno. I've seen some absolute tools that are grown men who take their footy way too seriously. You tend to get the 14 year olds in PUBG and Fortnite.

I dont think the Broncos have handled it that well. They should have named and shamed.

Not to minimise the stupidity of any loose idiots

Ya, this is nothing more than deflection and trying to manipulate public opinion.

Generate some faux outrage and draw on the empathy of supporters.

A few unhinged idiots posting stupid comments on the internet is Glenn’s shield.

Just get off social media. Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and whatever else are just a giant cesspool.
I'd include Facebook too but sometimes people post funny stuff on it.

shouldn't Boyd be telling them to forget that noise? Afterall, he openly says it every chance he gets that he doesn't pay attention to the media/social media. Maybe he could, you know, show some leadership as a veteran player who's had some issues in the past with this sorta stuff?

or are the young guys so vain they can't do without the adulation of internet randoms?

Last edited:
shouldn't Boyd be telling them to forget that noise? Afterall, he openly says it every chance he gets that he doesn't pay attention to the media/social media. Maybe he could, you know, show some leadership as a veteran player who's had some issues in the past with this sorta stuff?

or are the young guys so vain they can't do without the adulation of internet randoms?

Far greater chance of the Broncos winning the trophy this year than Offa, Kahu and Glenn giving up their Instagram.

I didn't want to believe it, but our culture is dead.

I'm a lifelong fan and I'll never give up on this team, but things are gonna be bad for a long while when we play in a league with super professional teams and we are so far from that at the moment.

People sending death threats need to calm the **** down. It's just footy. However, the criticism of the team, the players, the coach and the board is more than justified.

I didn't want to believe it, but our culture is dead.

I'm a lifelong fan and I'll never give up on this team, but things are gonna be bad for a long while when we play in a league with super professional teams and we are so far from that at the moment.

People sending death threats need to calm the **** down. It's just footy. However, the criticism of the team, the players, the coach and the board is more than justified.
I don't think anybody has been sending death threats. Rather Lexy has been a bit melodramatic. Some players have been goaded into topping themselves which is entirely different.

If I'm wrong and there has been real death threats then it should be reported to the police ASAP.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.