Alex Glenn responds

Maroon4life

QCup Player
Not to minimise the stupidity of any loose idiots
lol the only people that tell others to kill themselves on the internet are edgy 14yr olds. Glenn is just doing his best to change the narrative in the media this week.
Ya, this is nothing more than deflection and trying to manipulate public opinion.

Generate some faux outrage and draw on the empathy of supporters.

A few unhinged idiots posting stupid comments on the internet is Glenn’s shield.

Renegade

NRL Captain
shouldn't Boyd be telling them to forget that noise? Afterall, he openly says it every chance he gets that he doesn't pay attention to the media/social media. Maybe he could, you know, show some leadership as a veteran player who's had some issues in the past with this sorta stuff?

or are the young guys so vain they can't do without the adulation of internet randoms?

Last edited:

Maroon4life

QCup Player
shouldn't Boyd be telling them to forget that noise? Afterall, he openly says it every chance he gets that he doesn't pay attention to the media/social media. Maybe he could, you know, show some leadership as a veteran player who's had some issues in the past with this sorta stuff?

or are the young guys so vain they can't do without the adulation of internet randoms?
Far greater chance of the Broncos winning the trophy this year than Offa, Kahu and Glenn giving up their Instagram.

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
I didn't want to believe it, but our culture is dead.

I'm a lifelong fan and I'll never give up on this team, but things are gonna be bad for a long while when we play in a league with super professional teams and we are so far from that at the moment.

People sending death threats need to calm the **** down. It's just footy. However, the criticism of the team, the players, the coach and the board is more than justified.

Jedhead

NRL Player
I didn't want to believe it, but our culture is dead.

I'm a lifelong fan and I'll never give up on this team, but things are gonna be bad for a long while when we play in a league with super professional teams and we are so far from that at the moment.

People sending death threats need to calm the **** down. It's just footy. However, the criticism of the team, the players, the coach and the board is more than justified.
I don't think anybody has been sending death threats. Rather Lexy has been a bit melodramatic. Some players have been goaded into topping themselves which is entirely different.

If I'm wrong and there has been real death threats then it should be reported to the police ASAP.

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
I don't think anybody has been sending death threats. Rather Lexy has been a bit melodramatic. Some players have been goaded into topping themselves which is entirely different.

If I'm wrong and there has been real death threats then it should be reported to the police ASAP.
Webke upped the ante on the news and said the threats were against both players and their families. Someone has gone completely over the top.

Midean

QCup Player
NSW
Death threats need to be reported to the coppers, plain and simple, and the merkin sending the death threats needs to do a year in the slammer.
That being said, GET OFF SOCIAL MEDIA.
Fucksake, i would love it if Seibold came out and said "ive taken all the players phones, they can have them back when we have won 5 in a row."
I am tired of this team.
Bunch of sooks and pussies through and through, its kind of why i wanted Lodge as captain, because he seems to have thicker skin and a bit of mongrel about him, the rest of the team seem to roll over and show their bellies on and off the field as soon as someone says something mean to them or puts a try on them.
The whole damn team needs to get their balls back.

Renegade

NRL Captain
Players won’t stop social media as it restricts their sponsorship opportunities.
if they get dropped and subsequently fail to find lucrative contracts elsewhere, i'm sure that will effect their bottom line alot more. maybe they need to prioritize.

Last edited:

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
I ditched all forms of social media except Discord and Reddit a couple of years ago and have not looked back. I might hop on to Twitter to get the latest on some big breaking news that I caught wind of elsewhere, but I am not even a tweeter.

Social media seriously is one of the worst things to ever happen to modern society.

Organix

NRL Player
I ditched all forms of social media except Discord and Reddit a couple of years ago and have not looked back. I might hop on to Twitter to get the latest on some big breaking news that I caught wind of elsewhere, but I am not even a tweeter.

Social media seriously is one of the worst things to ever happen to modern society.
Great decision. 100% agree. The fact they design them to exploit the dopamine response and design them to be like an inescapable vacuum is scary.

Be careful with Reddit too. It's one huge echo chamber and I ended spending so much money after scrolling through some of my favourite subs. It is a pretty good way to advertise via perceived word of mouth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hadeswolf

Twitter