-NEWS- Alex Glenn Testimonial Game

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
Shouldn't these be reserved for the greats of the game. Love Glenn, but come on.
Aa far as I know testimonials were meant for blokes like Glenn. Cam Smith has made well into 8 figures plus whatever shady crap the Storm gave bim, he didn't need the extra money but grabbed it with both hands anyway. Lexy has been a good clubman, kept his nose clean on and off the field, always done right by the club while never making big big dollars. He deserves a final send off and a top up way more than guys like Smith or JT.

theshed

Return of the Mac
Precursor to a retirement decision perhaps
🤔🤔
I actually suspect the opposite. Glenn may have been offered a far reduced contract to play on and this is there to sweeten the deal outside of the cap. Aren’t these testimonials like $40k?

broncsgoat

State of Origin Rep
salty fries GIF by Checkers & Rally's's
That'd be milfs favourite gif.... geddit?

john1420

NRL Player
Aa far as I know testimonials were meant for blokes like Glenn. Cam Smith has made well into 8 figures plus whatever shady crap the Storm gave bim, he didn't need the extra money but grabbed it with both hands anyway. Lexy has been a good clubman, kept his nose clean on and off the field, always done right by the club while never making big big dollars. He deserves a final send off and a top up way more than guys like Smith or JT.
Agree totally, but must come after retirement announcement.

Testimonial games pre-retirement are the definition of stupidity.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Now I’m hungry, fucker!
People keep reacting to this post and I keep bloody checking which post, therefore I keep seeing those god-damned awesome looking chips.

Just grabbed my car keys and heading to KFC for wicked wings and chips. **** you all very much.

I’d just got to under my goal weight of 80kg’s, too...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesmerise

Twitter