NEWS Alex Glenn Testimonial Game

It’s a salary cap dodge?

i doubt it ... if the NRL allowed JT and Cam Smith one where the essentially split the gate takings ... then they would have to allow one for Alex Glenn.

he has played 264 games for the one club and 15 internationals ... admittedly not as accomplished as either JT or Cam Smith (because both have premierships to their names), but still amassed a good record throughout his career

Shouldn't these be reserved for the greats of the game. Love Glenn, but come on.

Shouldn't these be reserved for the greats of the game. Love Glenn, but come on.
Aa far as I know testimonials were meant for blokes like Glenn. Cam Smith has made well into 8 figures plus whatever shady crap the Storm gave bim, he didn't need the extra money but grabbed it with both hands anyway. Lexy has been a good clubman, kept his nose clean on and off the field, always done right by the club while never making big big dollars. He deserves a final send off and a top up way more than guys like Smith or JT.

Precursor to a retirement decision perhaps
🤔🤔
I actually suspect the opposite. Glenn may have been offered a far reduced contract to play on and this is there to sweeten the deal outside of the cap. Aren’t these testimonials like $40k?

salty fries GIF by Checkers & Rally's's
That'd be milfs favourite gif.... geddit?

That'd be milfs favourite gif.... geddit?
To be fair to milford because of his ancestry he would only have to be down wind from mcdonalds and he would put on a kg.

Last edited:
Aa far as I know testimonials were meant for blokes like Glenn. Cam Smith has made well into 8 figures plus whatever shady crap the Storm gave bim, he didn't need the extra money but grabbed it with both hands anyway. Lexy has been a good clubman, kept his nose clean on and off the field, always done right by the club while never making big big dollars. He deserves a final send off and a top up way more than guys like Smith or JT.
Agree totally, but must come after retirement announcement.

Testimonial games pre-retirement are the definition of stupidity.

Has Macca gotten a testimonial? If Glenn is getting one, so should Macca.

Isn’t it for players that have spent 10+ years at a single club? JT would still qualify.
Yep, I think so. Maccas was basically a loan deal so I reckon he would qualify

Sounds good to me. Might head down to the game.

Active Now

• kiwi2
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Manifesto
  • Justwin
  • kman
  • Organix
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Porthoz
  • Foordy
  • cento
  • leon.bott
  • sooticus
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Financeguy
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.