All time Queensland bulls

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Post in the test thread got me thinking cricket history. Came up with my best QLD 11. Criteria though is they have to be QLD born and breed so no Border, Thompson, Trimble, Dale etc

1: Bill Brown
2: Matt Hayden
3: Martin Love
4: Stuart Law
5: Jimmy Maher
6: Greg Ritchie
7: Ian Healy
8: Andy Bichel
9: Mitchell Johnson
10: Kaspa (can't spell his name)
11: Carl Rackeman

Why do they have to be born and bred? That makes little to no sense in this context. Gilchrist would be in a NSW best XI despite certainly identifying as West Australian.

Why do they have to be born and bred? That makes little to no sense in this context. Gilchrist would be in a NSW best XI despite certainly identifying as West Australian.

Born and breed players produced by the state, raised through the state systems and local juniors.

Gilly was born and raised in Lismore played in junior NSW competitions, played through the NSW ranks, moved to the Gordon club and was a good player for NSW (won a shield) but he wanted to be the keeper and Emery had the Gordon and NSW gloves. WA had a spot open and Gilly saw it as the best move for him and accepted it.

Born and breed Blue bagger

Is this just an excuse to inevitably post your all-time NSW XI? @Broncoman :P

Born and breed players produced by the state, raised through the state systems and local juniors.

Gilly was born and raised in Lismore played in junior NSW competitions, played through the NSW ranks, moved to the Gordon club and was a good player for NSW (won a shield) but he wanted to be the keeper and Emery had the Gordon and NSW gloves. WA had a spot open and Gilly saw it as the best move for him and accepted it.

Born and breed Blue bagger

Of this I am all completely aware but he identifies as being a WA Warrior.

Depends what your criteria is- do you want the best Bulls or best players at the Bulls.

Harts and Seccombe have records that kill Healy's for the Bulls. But Healy is the best keeper ever for the Bulls.

Harts- 128 games, 5860 runs, 543 catches, and 17 stumping.
Chuck- 109 games, 3369 runs, 501 catches, and 18 stumping.
Heals- 55 games, 2199 runs, 183 catches, and 12 stumping.

I would go Bulls so Harts gets the nod for me.

I struggle to pick players in these teams that I haven't seen myself but everything I have written, read or heard says that you have to have Burge and Mackay.

Mackay 109 games, 6875 runs, 46.14 average, 16 100's and 34 50's. 134 wickets.
Burge 91 games, 7627 runs at 56.

Burge's record is better than Brown's record for Queensland.

Brown 50 games, 4565 runs at 53.

Johnson's 65 wickets and 20 games can't keep out McDermott's 329 wickets from 77 games.

Hayden
Burge
Love
Law
Maher
Mackay
Hartley
McDermott
Bichel
Kasprowicz
Rackemann

I have seen all of those guys bar Mackay and Burge.

It includes- Our top three run scorers and five of the top 7- Can't have Border and Trimble.

Nearly all 100 game club- Hayden, Maher, Law, Love, Hartley, Mackay, Rackemann and Kasprowicz.

Most runs for Queensland- Love 11224
Most catches for Queensland- Love 172
Top three wicket takers- Kasprowicz, Bichel, and Rackemann with McDermott at 5.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • kman
  • barker
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.