An Argument for the New Zealand Warriors inclusion into the NRL

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I can’t think of one.

They’ve been a basket case since forever, they haven’t impeded on the All Blacks popularity or talent, their best players leave and come to Australia as teenagers or go to the All Blacks.

Would it not have been better to create pathways from NZ to spread their talent pool amongst 16 actually national rugby league teams?

They should stay in Redcliffe and merge with the Dolphins if you ask me. What a waste. I get that this is controversial but I just think there are better and far more fair options.

The other option is they do better.

I know heaps of people who only got into the league because of the warriors and only care if the topic is the warriors.

So it works on that level l.

your argument works against the Titans who nobody cares about

I know heaps of people who only got into the league because of the warriors and only care if the topic is the warriors.

So it works on that level l.

your argument works against the Titans who nobody cares about
Those in charge know the Titans and Dolphins make it more difficult for the Broncos and that’s enough of a reason to include them.

The Titans would be the perfect pathway team for NZ.

Those in charge know the Titans and Dolphins make it more difficult for the Broncos and that’s enough of a reason to include them.

The Titans would be the perfect pathway team for NZ.
Apart from the inconvenience of Fifita leaving I can’t think of a time the Titans have been inconvenient for us. They have contributed well to our for and against for 20 years

One day their board will realise they need an Australian CEO and Coach.

I can’t think of one.

They’ve been a basket case since forever, they haven’t impeded on the All Blacks popularity or talent, their best players leave and come to Australia as teenagers or go to the All Blacks.

Would it not have been better to create pathways from NZ to spread their talent pool amongst 16 actually national rugby league teams?

They should stay in Redcliffe and merge with the Dolphins if you ask me. What a waste. I get that this is controversial but I just think there are better and far more fair options.

The other option is they do better.
An interesting sliding doors moment would be if Bellamy went and coached the warriors instead of storm.

I think warriors with the same success that the storm have had over the last 20yrs would be a whole different ball game in regards to popularity and fans to NZ vs Victoria

I'd go the opposite direction and add a second nz team.

I haven't ever seen or noticed an upside to NZ fielding a team. I get the other races angle and pathways etc but for it to work they had to be successful, competitive ever year. Their record since inclusion has been dreadful and it's probably time to either cut them or ,**** nose. There must be an answer...

Probably but that's been the case for 20 years or more. Love to see a Superleague

I would too. The game needs it to fix the rot. But I don't think removing the Warriors has a positive affect on the competition.

I would too. The game needs it to fix the rot. But I don't think removing the Warriors has a positive affect on the competition.
I just don't really see much benefit from NZ being in the competition but could be convinced by a good argument for their inclusion.

On a side note, I see PNG has applied for an NRL team. I like it and yes I’m aware of all the issues of this logistically.

On a side note, I see PNG has applied for an NRL team. I like it and yes I’m aware of all the issues of this logistically.

If nothing else they'd be entertaining to watch... assuming the refs allow them to play footy

There are plenty of teams in Sydney to cut before we start doing silly things like reducing the competition.
I am talking about their initial inclusion. I get that there's no chance of excluding them now. I am just questioning whether it's been worth it. A perfect National Competition would include:

1 Brisbane Broncos
2 Gold Coast Titans
3 North QLD Cowboys
4 Melbourne Storm
5 East Coast Dolphins (Redcliffe to Sunny Coast)
6 Perth Pirates/ Western Sharks (Sharks should take their license somewhere else)
7 Newcastle Knights
8 Canberra Raiders
9 Adelaide Rams
10 Central Coast Bears
11 West Sydney Tigers
12 South Sydney Rabbitohs
13 Easts Roosters
14 North Sydney Sea Eagles
15 St George Illawarra Dragons
16 Parramatta Eels
17 Penrith Panthers
18 Canterbury Bulldogs

An NRL funded and affiliated competition should also be created in NZ as a pathway to the NRL, focusing on them being moved into NRL teams as most of the good players are anyway. That, or a team in the Q Cup or something.

The Warriors are a failure and I wish the NRL went a different direction initially. They should have had to earn their way in. I don't think the fact that they've been stuck in Australia is a good excuse either as half the team have never played in NZ anyway.

I just don't really see much benefit from NZ being in the competition but could be convinced by a good argument for their inclusion.

I care about NZ and it's people who enjoy the sport, of which there are many.

I care about NZ and it's people who enjoy the sport, of which there are many.
I guess I do too. I have always wanted them to be successful but I think their efforts, well intentioned as they've been have not really added to the competition as a whole . I'd love to see a NZ team hated like Melbourne!! Such emotion would be stirred! I love my kiwi bros, (gals included of course)

I guess I do too. I have always wanted them to be successful but I think their efforts, well intentioned as they've been have not really added to the competition as a whole . I'd love to see a NZ team hated like Melbourne!! Such emotion would be stirred! I love my kiwi bros, (gals included of course)

I would be very surprised if they were given the same sort of support that a useless Sydney club would get from the NRL, ex players, and ex greats of the game.

I think a better step would be the NRL demanding their board be removed and re-created, with an Australian football CEO.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • something
  • Xzei
  • broncoscope
  • Mr Fourex
  • Justwin
  • Bish
  • pennywisealfie
  • jd87
  • Old Mate
  • HarryAllan7
  • Tmac
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • Hurrijo
  • Financeguy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.