NEWS Andrew McCullough’s complicated contract a headache for Broncos

yeh I think he needs to move on....both for his own career and for our future cap space when we have to start making those long term contract decisions on about half a dozen of our young guns...

If he loves the club he'll do the right thing by us.

I am a massive Macca fan and have defended him multiple times but it is time for him to move on. Will be forever grateful for what he has given to the club but Turpin and Segs are the future. The team needs what those two bring, but Macca could bring so much to a team like the Titans for instance. It would be best for both parties for them to part ways.

I think so, plus he knows future rep appearances depend on him being a starter, and if he isn't going to be that here then...

Be sad to see him leave...true club man and great role model..his personality will be missed...

hahaha at above comments

If Macca really loves the Broncos, he will do the right thing and move to the Titans.
[automerge]1558683056[/automerge]
the Newcastle to our Sydney... or is it the Sydney to our Newcastle? I'm not really sure but either way, it's bad.

... but it's right

Last edited:
Please don't take the option. Titans are a great club, tipped by an immortal to win the premiership, you'd do great there.

Maybe they could turn his option into a PR position at the club - a roving ambassador - like Yow Yeh. He could retire and still get paid. Win/win for everyone.

I am a massive Macca fan and have defended him multiple times but it is time for him to move on. Will be forever grateful for what he has given to the club but Turpin and Segs are the future. The team needs what those two bring, but Macca could bring so much to a team like the Titans for instance. It would be best for both parties for them to part ways.
No offense intended here and pretending to be McCullough speaking 'I say, **** you jack'. No way in hell I'm moving on, yes I love the club but **** right off, no way no chance. You want me gone, pay me the money. Just because it suits you, you want me to play somewhere else. Fine, I'll play ISC for two years. No problem. I might put on a few kilos but that'll be your fault because I haven't been training to much. I don't owe you a fucking thing, I've busted a gut for you lot. You ***** are like ungrateful kids pushing the elders out into the snow. No way, go and get fucked!!

If Andrew McCullough does that and says that he'll gain respect from me. The clubs just a business, it doesn't have a soul (no one does, right ?) It will survive. Macca doesn't have to sacrifice anything and I back him if he simply tells them to deal with it.

Thanks for your services Macca but to be perfectly frank, you're done mate. If the Titans don't replace Mitch Rein with you (pretty much an insult), the UK Super League beckons.

No offense intended here and pretending to be McCullough speaking 'I say, **** you jack'. No way in hell I'm moving on, yes I love the club but **** right off, no way no chance. You want me gone, pay me the money. Just because it suits you, you want me to play somewhere else. Fine, I'll play ISC for two years. No problem. I might put on a few kilos but that'll be your fault because I haven't been training to much. I don't owe you a fucking thing, I've busted a gut for you lot. You ***** are like ungrateful kids pushing the elders out into the snow. No way, go and get fucked!!

If Andrew McCullough does that and says that he'll gain respect from me. The clubs just a business, it doesn't have a soul (no one does, right ?) It will survive. Macca doesn't have to sacrifice anything and I back him if he simply tells them to deal with it.

Ok...

I honestly don’t understand your rant, I just said he needs to move on for himself and the team. For the teams sake because we play better using a style from dummy half that he simply can’t deliver and for his sake because I feel his career would go better not in the ISC.

Never said anything about not paying him out or anything like that.

You must be in the minority because I reckon 95% of fans including myself would massively lose respect for him and forget all the service he has provided the club over the years if he pulled a tantrum like that out and left on those terms. Last impressions are what will be etched in people’s memories when they look back on his career with us.

I agree he has every right to take the option and languish in QLD Cup but no one player is bigger than the club and this decision needs to be made for the betterment of our club moving forward. He should be grateful that we didn’t actively go to market and find some hooker depth to put his position under threat all these years. He has been very comfortable these last few years.

You must be in the minority because I reckon 95% of fans including myself would massively lose respect for him and forget all the service he has provided the club over the years if he pulled a tantrum like that out and left on those terms. Last impressions are what will be etched in people’s memories when they look back on his career with us.

I agree he has every right to take the option and languish in QLD Cup but no one player is bigger than the club and this decision needs to be made for the betterment of our club moving forward. He should be grateful that we didn’t actively go to market and find some hooker depth to put his position under threat all these years. He has been very comfortable these last few years.

Agreed. Perspective is everything.

He wouldn't be leaving, he'd be staying and getting paid. What the 95% (apparently) are doing are being selfish, they're thinking how it affects them or doing a Sir Gallahad and defending the honour of the Broncos. What this 95% aren't doing is seeing it from McCullough's perspective and that's where I differ from most. I imagine I'm Macca and were it I, I'd say **** you all, give me what was promised and for once in your miserable lives live up to your side of the deal. I'd say both parties signed a contract in good faith and now one party wants to change things because it now suits them. Well fine but don't expect me(Macca speaking) to bend over for you. Pay me or offer recompense because I was prepared to do my part and you want to change, okay pay for that privilege. It's high time contracts regained meaning.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • bb_gun
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • HarryAllan7
  • theshed
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • jd87
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.