OFFICIAL Andrew McCullough has left the building

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
The Merge fans are actually deluding themselves into believing Macca is a game manager....I mean you can clearly tell none of them watch our games unless we're their opponents.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
The Merge fans are actually deluding themselves into believing Macca is a game manager....I mean you can clearly tell none of them watch our games unless we're their opponents.

Are they? That's surprising, I thought there'd be a fair bit of angst among them, similar to when we re-signed Boyd or even signed Luke.

Foordy

International Captain
Staff

interesting ... last i saw they were whinging about the club chasing Macca and forcing McInnes out. Maybe the injury to McInnes changed their tune

Broncapz

NRL Player
While I'm happy to see Macca not suck up 600k of our cap, the reality is that Turpin is still not ready for 80 minutes and has a history of injuries.

Ditching Maccas last season earned us a spoon, and unless we're ready to make play for someone before the season starts I feel like this is going to hurt almost as bad.

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Hook does appear mad. Time will tell.
Read his interview with Paul Crawley? It seems like he has a reasonable plan in mind...

I think Hook’s strengths lie in his ability to build from a low base, into a competitive club. Whether he can take that final leap into elite level clubs, I think is the question. He was going fine at the Panthers using that sort of strategy and played a big part in building them to where they are today.

With us, he already had a pretty strong roster and well-developed club, so it didn’t need his work, it needed that elite level coaching to take us to the top.

I think he can help build Saints from that low base, bottom 4 multiple years in a row, etc. Macca, Hunt, Norman etc are there to provide competent NRL experience and capability, while he identifies the new talent etc to take them forward long-term. All 3 are in their 30’s, so have 3-5 years at most left in the game anyway.

He’d probably be good for us right now, viewed in that light...

IceWorks

QCup Player
Glad to see the Broncos holding firm on this issue. Offering more than 1yr contracts to players over 30 would need to be a rare event in a well run salary cap I suggest.

Broncapz

NRL Player
Read his interview with Paul Crawley? It seems like he has a reasonable plan in mind...

I think Hook’s strengths lie in his ability to build from a low base, into a competitive club. Whether he can take that final leap into elite level clubs, I think is the question. He was going fine at the Panthers using that sort of strategy and played a big part in building them to where they are today.

With us, he already had a pretty strong roster and well-developed club, so it didn’t need his work, it needed that elite level coaching to take us to the top.

I think he can help build Saints from that low base, bottom 4 multiple years in a row, etc. Macca, Hunt, Norman etc are there to provide competent NRL experience and capability, while he identifies the new talent etc to take them forward long-term. All 3 are in their 30’s, so have 3-5 years at most left in the game anyway.

He’d probably be good for us right now, viewed in that light...
Just what every club wants from a coach...someone who caps out at mediocrity.

Just seen the headline but is Paul Kent seriously doing a puff piece about how this is a great move by the dragons?! Hahahaha

Signing a declining 31 year old who has just come off a serious injury and was already slow for the needs of today's game to a needless 3 year deal, to replace your best player of the last 2 year's........ yep, I'm sure he'd say the same if we made this exact move haha

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesmerise

Twitter