Andrew McCullough unfazed by having to replace Cameron Smith

A bit? I think Macca played his game. For him to play out of his skin would be to rack up 60+ tackles.

He offers nothing offensively, relieves zero creative / structural pressure from his halves, his one and only kick was terrible as well. His ruck service was slow as usual, never ran from dummy half.

Anyone saying these comments are harsh should understand he’s playing in the highest level game we have and fair criticism is warranted.

When Hunt moved to hooker I thought we immediately looked more potent in attack.

Yeah I probably should have said he lacked a LOT offensively :)

Apparently so. I wasn't watching at home so likely missed a few bits and pieces due to conversation etc. He looked fine to me for a lot of it, will have to re-watch

Rewatch if you are a masochist. His defence was shocking. Positioning, grab tackles, hesitation. Afraid of being burned on outside I think. He didn’t pass on a break, he dropped a sitter at a key opportunity, crazy panic 3rd tackle kick, didn’t protect his winger well (NSW were blocking like crazy all night knowing they were never getting pinged). Worst on field I thought.

Chambers tackle stats (unsure if this was part way through or the final stat though?) were 21 attempted tackles for 13 effective and 8 missed

He's probably gonna cop some criticism over that, which I think is fair
Yeah, I thought he was ordinary in defence and those stats don't surprise me after watching last night's game. He's usually rock solid in defence so I don't think that will happen again.

He dropped a ball. I'm pretty sure that's enough to be hated apparently.
Him and Kaufusi were the reason for most of their tries and when we needed the ball he kicked a grubber on the 3rd. Knee lifting as well and if he didn't drop that ball we could have scored a try. Instead they scored. He was bad last night

Him and Kaufusi were the reason for most of their tries and when we needed the ball he kicked a grubber on the 3rd. Knee lifting as well and if he didn't drop that ball we could have scored a try. Instead they scored. He was bad last night

Yep Chambers was atrocious. He'll probably star against the Broncs this weekend though and then get picked for game 2... Even though I'd go with Morgan at right centre if Slater is good...

Macca was solid without being spectacular. Which is his game. All of it...

Why do people want to bring in an old, busted, and over the hill Slater. The year for changing big positions is now, and we want to bring him into 2 games only to have to go through finding who to put back there again next year? Seriously dumb for mine.

Yep Chambers was atrocious. He'll probably star against the Broncs this weekend though and then get picked for game 2... Even though I'd go with Morgan at right centre if Slater is good...

Macca was solid without being spectacular. Which is his game. All of it...
He should be suspended for lifting his knees which is a fun little tactic he's recently added to his game as well. The Melbourne Storm are just so innovative.

Why do people want to bring in an old, busted, and over the hill Slater. The year for changing big positions is now, and we want to bring him into 2 games only to have to go through finding who to put back there again next year? Seriously dumb for mine.
I totally agree but we all know he'll get his swansong.

Totally agree. It's a pity Slater did not retire with Smith, JT and Cronk but he obviously wants his lap around Suncorp post-Game 3.

Don’t think we watched the same game. He was solid and workman like in defence as expected but didn’t lead the centre defence cause for me only reason to pick him. Attack was non existent as expected, what running, service was very slow, patterns were predictable and organisation was left to Hunt for f***s sake. He was absolutely towelled by Cook and by Hunts first two sets at hooker. It isn’t a coincidence we couldn’t score off running and passing with Hunt and Macca aimlessly and very slowly leading the way. Played NSW into confidence. Had one opportunity to expose NSW defensive weaknesses, inexperience and propensity for brain farts to set them into panic mode again but instead invited their defence to a light training drill. Was hoping Kevvie would use him smarter but looks like Kevvie spent to much time with Bennett ball. Having Macca in hooker in attack is basically bringing a shovel to a gunfight. Hunt has to play hooker with Morgan relieving.
Cannot agree with any of that at all... quite often macca was racing out if the line to put hits on. I've never seen him do that before but it appeared he had a real directive to lead the line speed.

Also his service was great I can only recall one slowish pass which went to McGuire on the 4th but it looked like he wanted to get it out to Hunt who was the next receiver but McGuire was literally directly between the two.

A lot of his passes were crisp and beating 2-3 defenders to get hunt in motion... the issue was they had no plan on the back.

We also looked horrendous when Hunt moved into dummy half. The right side received no ball and Hunt was stifling the service by not knowing who to pass it to. At one point Milf wanted it when he first got on and was screaming towards the advantage line but Hunt instead went blindside got caught and threw a garbage offload to GI who almost dropped it.

I don't see how you can blame macca when our forwards actually won the yardage battle and quite easily as well. The kicking on the back of our sets killed us. We also totally lost our way when macca left the field.

I'm sick of this copy paste macca's slow service BS... come with some evidence instead of throwing out broad statement claims over and over again.

Cannot agree with any of that at all... quite often macca was racing out if the line to put hits on. I've never seen him do that before but it appeared he had a real directive to lead the line speed.

Also his service was great I can only recall one slowish pass which went to McGuire on the 4th but it looked like he wanted to get it out to Hunt who was the next receiver but McGuire was literally directly between the two.

A lot of his passes were crisp and beating 2-3 defenders to get hunt in motion... the issue was they had no plan on the back.

We also looked horrendous when Hunt moved into dummy half. The right side received no ball and Hunt was stifling the service by not knowing who to pass it to. At one point Milf wanted it when he first got on and was screaming towards the advantage line but Hunt instead went blindside got caught and threw a garbage offload to GI who almost dropped it.

I don't see how you can blame macca when our forwards actually won the yardage battle and quite easily as well. The kicking on the back of our sets killed us. We also totally lost our way when macca left the field.

I'm sick of this copy paste macca's slow service BS... come with some evidence instead of throwing out broad statement claims over and over again.

Best post ever!

He dropped a ball. I'm pretty sure that's enough to be hated apparently.

he also kicked twice on the 3rd tackle while we were attacking their line ... they weren't even good kicks

he also kicked twice on the 3rd tackle while we were attacking their line ... they weren't even good kicks

Well our halves did more shit kicks than that. I mean, hunt did two good kicks all game, which has basically broken his single game record for good kicks. No shit on Hunt?

Well our halves did more shit kicks than that. I mean, hunt did two good kicks all game, which has basically broken his single game record for good kicks. No shit on Hunt?
Wait a second, this isn't true at all. 2 repeat sets, a grubber to set up a try, a 40/20 in the last ten minutes when he was supposed to have been choking, he found grass often and when he put up a bomb there was always pressure on the opposition player. Hunt may not have kicked well at the Broncos but saying he was a problem last night is absolute bullshit. If you want to put shit on a half not doing anything you need to pinpoint Munster because he just ran the ball and got tackled a lot. Munster, Kaufusi and Chambers trying to tackle NSW with their fingertips is what lost us the game.

Wait a second, this isn't true at all. 2 repeat sets, a grubber to set up a try, a 40/20 in the last ten minutes when he was supposed to have been choking, he found grass often and when he put up a bomb there was always pressure on the opposition player. Hunt may not have kicked well at the Broncos but saying he was a problem last night is absolute bullshit. If you want to whinge about a half not doing anything you need to pinpoint Munster because he just ran the ball and got tackled a lot. Munster, Kaufusi and Chambers trying to tackle NSW with their fingertips is what lost us the game.

I didn't say Hunt was a problem last night, I'm not even giving my opinion on Hunt, I'm comparing him to Chambers, who is copping it over what I believe to be rubbish arguments. If you'd rather I compare him to Munster, we can do that. I just think Chambers is being made a scapegoat.

As an avid critic of Hunt... he was fine last night, some good kicks, some average kicks, not many bad ones.

Our ruck defense and right edge defense were clearly the biggest faults last night. We also lacked some spark in attack. Was hoping for a lot more out of Munster & Morgan.

Drop Cooper & Chambers and call it a day.

I didn't say Hunt was a problem last night, I'm not even giving my opinion on Hunt, I'm comparing him to Chambers, who is copping it over what I believe to be rubbish arguments. If you'd rather I compare him to Morgan, we can do that. I just think Chambers is being made a scapegoat.
Chambers made himself the scapegoat by being the worst player on the field and having brain snaps. He was terrible last night. Fell off tackles all night, some leading directly to tries. Having him beside Kaufusi who was doing the same thing didn't help. But he also gave them the ball back at times we desperately needed to keep the ball. He dropped a pass straight to his chest that Hunt basically set up by getting outside his man and he didn't give his winger any decent ball. Shit, I don't think he gave his winger any ball!

Rewatch if you are a masochist. His defence was shocking. Positioning, grab tackles, hesitation. Afraid of being burned on outside I think. He didn’t pass on a break, he dropped a sitter at a key opportunity, crazy panic 3rd tackle kick, didn’t protect his winger well (NSW were blocking like crazy all night knowing they were never getting pinged). Worst on field I thought.
That’s what I thought, never really rated Chambers. Gagai to centre and bring in Oates.

Active Now

• Dazza 92
  • Astro
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Xarr
  • Broncs1459
  • Financeguy
  • Spoon
  • john1420
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  • levikaden
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.