Andrew Symonds, Darren Lockyer in hotel 'incident'

S

Smithdom

BRL Player
Mar 18, 2008
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 31,00.html

TEST cricketer Andrew Symonds and rugby league Kangaroos captain Darren Lockyer are both being investigated following an incident at a Brisbane hotel on Sunday night.

Symonds is alleged to have had a physical altercation with a member of the public who was harassing him and it has been alleged that Lockyer was intoxicated, while drinking at the Normanby Hotel in Red Hill.

Some of Australia's cricketers were at the hotel, celebrating the team's low-key 149-run first Test victory over New Zealand at the Gabba earlier that day, while Lockyer and other Australian rugby league players were drowning their sorrows following Saturday night's shock World Cup final loss to New Zealand.

Saw that on the news last night. Hotel has already said that Roy did nothing wrong.

And "intoxicated while drinking"...LOL! You don't expect someone to be "sober while drinking" booze. If they are then they're not doing it right.

So how does Locky get dragged into this, guilty by location.............friggin' scum media :evil: :evil:

Typical stupid media dragging Lockys good name through the mud again!

I just can't believe players are still going to the Normanby. Qld's home of glassings and tabloid "writers" and photographers. Ergh.

I hate it when the media start grabbing onto a subject and just run any dam half arsed story that may get attention. They know both the broncs and symonds are on last chance's so any report they even walk into a pub makes front page its just pure crap. Can't wait till something else is flavor of the month... come on politician sex scandal I know you can do it!!!

briareos said:
Saw that on the news last night. Hotel has already said that Roy did nothing wrong.

And "intoxicated while drinking"...LOL! You don't expect someone to be "sober while drinking" booze. If they are then they're not doing it right.
[icon_lol1. :roll: my thought exactly, what a genius journalist....not [icon_lol1. :roll:

Agree Mick! I can't believe the Broncos haven't included banning their players going to the Normanby in their alcohol policy. The place is nothing but trouble!

I started reading this article thinking "Oh god what has Lockyer done". Kept reading....I read straight past the part that said "intoxicated while drinking" and then came to the end of the article still waiting to read about wtf he actually did...

Pathetic journalism. I hope whoever reported this gets a hefty kick in the balls.

CoxyBro said:
Agree Mick! I can't believe the Broncos haven't included banning their players going to the Normanby in their alcohol policy. The place is nothing but trouble!
its porbaby coz you can go there and see board members there...they cant ban the players from going somewhere they do.

Oh noes! Darren Lockyer was intoxicated whilst at a pub!!! What is the world coming to?!?!

Srsly, these shit journos need to find a real story. Fair play if Symonds was in a fight, stick it to him, but DL has done absolutley nothing wrong!!!

No Albrahma Lounge, no valley, no Normanby. The pub crawls are getting smaller.

FTR, the journo's make coin, just look at the last beat up that most fans ran with like rabid dogs.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

BRONCOS CEO Bruno Cullen has denied the club was investigating Darren Lockyer's behaviour at the Normanby Hotel in Brisbane on Sunday night. Darren Lockyer and cricketer Andrew Symonds arranged a get-together at the hotel, inviting other Australian Test cricketers and World Cup rugby league players.

"There is no investigation and nor will there be," Cullen said.

Bugger me! Was Karl DeKroo paid for a report about nothing? Is he any relation to Jerry Seinfeld? The sports reporter about nothing?

Nothing happened. My housemate was there. Lockyer got carried out because he was blind drunk, and Symonds got pushed around by some douchebag.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! This cracks me up hard "It's alleged that lockyer was intoxicated" LOLOLOLOLOL, Is that illegal now? **** the broncos should tear up his contract because he was " intoxicated" while drinking at a pub in the off season.

Todd Carney and Andrew Johns drunk at Mooseheads along with about a thousand other people wheres that story ya jerks!!

if anything they should get fined for bad judgement for hanging out at the normanby lol

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Footy Fanatic
  • lynx000
  • RolledOates
  • marw
  • whykickamoocow
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • HarryAllan7
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Fatboy
  • Strop
  • LittleDavey
  • Jazza
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.