Anthony Milford Discussion

Wow how things can change in 3 weeks
3 weeks ago it was **** off hunt he is shit etc
This week it's Milford. Some of you guys are very fickle
We have lost both games by a combined 3 points to title contenders
It's not like we have been blown away in any game yet. Sure milf has started a bit slow but it's round 3 not round 23. We get a nice tune up game and put some points on the board then they will get their confidence and mojo back

It's not like we have been blown away in any game yet. Sure milf has started a bit slow but it's round 3 not round 23. We get a nice tune up game and put some points on the board then they will get their confidence and mojo back
Round 3 plus the last 14 games of last season.

Won't have to worry about him next week anyways. Benji to the rescue haha

You are dellusional if you seriously think benji Marshall is the fucking answer to our problems
That or you just plain didn't watch any dragons game last year

You are dellusional if you seriously think benji Marshall is the fucking answer to our problems
You're delusional if you think he can be any worse than Milford was tonight.

To be fair some folks have been trying to point out the inconsistency of pinning everything on Hunt alone for some time.

He'll come good. I at least feel his defence was a lot better tonight. Hard to be dynamite when your forwards are losing the territory battle 4-1

The difference is, Marshall was playing halfback at the Dragons.

But no, he isn't the answer.

We had no fucking ball and everyone acting like our halves should've done better.

We had like 4 opportunities in their 20 FFS

All this hate... they ran runners at Milford allllll night and tired him the **** out. He also stood up extremely well in D. Give him a break! He played well apart from his errors which i put down to fatigue and pressure from opposition getting up into his face and giving hard as **** hits on him. The game was tough. They all played awesome in a beaten team - again

We had no fucking ball and everyone acting like our halves should've done better.

We had like 4 opportunities in their 20 FFS

I'm not expecting him to lead the team around or anything like that. He just isn't capable of it. But at the very least I expect him not to give away like half a dozen combined penalties and dropped balls.

The refs were total shunts.

He dropped one ball when he got smashed off a hospital pass from McGuire.....

The other one, yes it was an error. Let's drop him to QCup.

which halves can function or shine with no go forward. Our attach has absolutely no space.

which halves can function or shine with no go forward. Our attach has absolutely no space.

The great halves are able to get their team on the front foot with a good kicking game and smart play, which is something our halves can't do.

Milford is still young. He hasn't fully matured yet. He is still developing. People seriously need to give him some time. He will be a great player one day.

Milford was very close to winning us the game last night. His kick to turn Melbourne around and our strong defence almost got us home. If it wasn't for Sims having a brain snap and the refs actually penalising a ruck infringement (could have penalised Melbourne every tackle) we could have been attacking at Melbourne end in the last 10 minutes. I'd rather Milford be playing like this now, in round 3, than in round 23. The bloke is a class act and will come good. We just need some patience.

Nice to read some sensible thoughts being aired this morning...... as opposed to the reactionary meltdowns from last night.

The great halves are able to get their team on the front foot with a good kicking game and smart play, which is something our halves can't do.

Milford is still young. He hasn't fully matured yet. He is still developing. People seriously need to give him some time. He will be a great player one day.
Id agree with that statement with the caveat that he needs to try harder to make himself available for late tačkle options. I thought his game against the cowboys showed he had the right attitude if lacking polish i'd rather see that.

Active Now

• theshed
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wild Horse
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Midean
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • sooticus
  • Fatboy
  • Stix
  • Fozz
  • TimWhatley
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Big Del
  • DrGee
  • Skathen
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.