Anthony Milford Discussion

B

Brotherdu

NRL Player
Feb 20, 2017
So milf kicks the ball (meaning his feet are planted), has to run around a player, gets checked by that player, and has a less favourable angle to the ball and Thaiday has a clear line for the ball and starts with a run up and milf gets beaten by a bee's dick and this is an indication he's unfit and lazy.

Right.

The only issue I have with that whole play is that milf actually went for the ball.

Peace bud, I'm not trying to pick a fight.

I didn't say he was unfit and lazy, I said it got me thinking that there may something to what a lot of other people have been saying about it based on my expectations on what Milf has done in the past.

Milford was 2-3 metres behind Thaiday at halfway and they ended up shoulder to shoulder. I was making the observation that while i was watching it live, I was expecting him to shoot past Thaiday easily with 50m to catch up and pass.

So either Thaiday is faster than I thought, or Milford is slower than my expectations.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
The only issue I have with that whole play is that milf actually went for the ball.

Exactly....that could have gone horribly wrong and fucked the gimme try altogether. Can't believe neither called "mine".

Wild Horse

Wild Horse

NRL Player
Jan 26, 2017
Geez, this thread should have been titled "Let's Everyone Rip Into Milford" lol

No one can deny he has been really poor this year. I'm having my doubts as to whether he is worth the price tag myself. But man.. Milf aint gonna be outta form for life... The dude is an absolute gun and sometimes only needs to shine for one single play to win us the game.

The conditions for the last fortnight haven't been exactly Milford friendly. I thought he was not bad in offense last night considering the conditions. I think he IS trying, and I wouldn't drop him for Benji next week because he IS so due to bust out into form! One line break, one try, one decent assist next week and our most valuable player could be back to his best.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
Not having seen the bulldogs game i cant say too much other than if we are struggling in attack with execution maybe we need to cut out alot of the more complicated ražžle dažžle and make it as simple as possible to get an effective kick (with blockers, chasers etc). Its great to see the ball thrown on the last play when youre confident and playing well, but it has to be earned and we simply dont. The games as much about wearing your opponent down as anything else and we dont. Uptempo play helps, but only when possession is shared or in your favour

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
maybe we need to cut out alot of the more complicated ražžle dažžle and make it as simple

Always love your posts bro, but razzle dazzle are we talking about? The Broncs have nothing at all in attack this season, it is Dragons of last year like.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Thaiday is faster than what people think.

Besides, he had a pretty good head start. Milford didn't put the foot down straight away, and he had to dodge a couple of Bulldogs players along the way.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I kind of wish Thaiday had let Milf score that try. Lord knows he needs a bit of a confidence boost.
I don't think handing him things like tries, million dollar contracts and free passes for almost a year is going to help anything.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I kind of wish Thaiday had let Milf score that try. Lord knows he needs a bit of a confidence boost.

It certainly would have helped my SVRL score..

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm getting flashbacks of Ben Barba. I do hope I'm way off though.

Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
I hope there isn't any underlying issues at Red Hill. Communication between Milf and Hunt is basically nonexistent at the moment.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Where has the F*&King block play gone? Macca to Hunt/Milf to Boyd? It's been the bread and butter for years, I haven't seen it this year. WHERE DID IT GO?

Is this the conversation at redhill
"You know our awesome block play that everybody knows we do, yet can't defend it and we score off it every 2nd time?"
"Yes"
"Let's get rid of it."
"Do we have another play to replace it with?"
"No, not yet, but we've had that play for years with great success so it's time to move on"
"Well, OK then, if you put it like that, let's get rid of that wonderful try scoring play"
"Excellent"

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Thaiday is faster than what people think.

Besides, he had a pretty good head start. Milford didn't put the foot down straight away, and he had to dodge a couple of Bulldogs players along the way.
Milford was overhauling big sam easy

Tunza's Chin

Tunza's Chin

QCup Player
Apr 17, 2016
Where has the F*&King block play gone? Macca to Hunt/Milf to Boyd? It's been the bread and butter for years, I haven't seen it this year. WHERE DID IT GO?

Is this the conversation at redhill
"You know our awesome block play that everybody knows we do, yet can't defend it and we score off it every 2nd time?"
"Yes"
"Let's get rid of it."
"Do we have another play to replace it with?"
"No, not yet, but we've had that play for years with great success so it's time to move on"
"Well, OK then, if you put it like that, let's get rid of that wonderful try scoring play"
"Excellent"

Exactly, we know it works, we know these guys can nail it, and everyone knows where going to do it...

So, why would we not keep some of our powder dry until the business end of the season. Where here to win premierships, not bragging rights in March.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I miss Hodges now more than ever for what he brought to this side, and nobody this year comes within cooee of that. He was just this tower of strength in every aspect of the game, the odd brain explosions included. It's no coincidence for mine that we did so well in 2015 with Hodgo in the side and since he hung up his boots, we have hung up our form.

(Oh, and not forgetting Kevvie either of course)

Active Now

• The Boss
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Dexter
  • Dash
  • Mick_Hancock
  • BroncoFan94
  • Morkel
  • Swordfish
  • Brocko
  • The Don
  • mitch222
  • Johnny92
  • Howie
  • bert_lifts
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Harry Sack
  • Organix
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • FACTHUNT
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.