Anthony Milford Discussion

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
You guys are way too forgiving. I'll repeat it as many times as I need to: 40 minute team.
Mate, most of the people on here live in a fools paradise thinking the 2018 Broncos are a top 4 premiership challenging side. You'll never convince them but I totally agree with you. We are barely a top 8 team honestly. 90% of our wins this season have been lucky or JUST scrapping through. How anyone can be happy with this 2018 team right now is beyond me, it really is. I'm not happy with mediocrity plus I've watched enough footy to know this team won't pose a threat come finals time, there is NOTHING wrong with being realistic and speaking truth regardless how many people attack you for it. Although, I am very proud this season how we don't give up and just keep at it. That's been in us since around 1991, it's nothing new but still very proud of the boys for never ever giving up.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Mate, most of the people on here live in a fools paradise thinking the 2018 Broncos are a top 4 premiership challenging side.

That's hyperbole.

I don't think there's anyone who regularly posts on here that genuinely believes that at the moment.

It terms of personnel, perhaps yes, they could challenge for the top four. But based purely on their showings this season, this team is a long way off being a threat.

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
That's hyperbole.

I don't think there's anyone who regularly posts on here that genuinely believes that at the moment.

It terms of personnel, perhaps yes, they could challenge for the top four. But based purely on their showings this season, this team is a long way off being a threat.
Agreed.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I am going to be less nice. Learn to hold onto the ball and pass properly you fucking idiot. 1,2,3,4,5,6 it isn't that difficult. We get 5 attempts to score and then you can kick it, not 3.

How many passes have slipped out of his hands and gone straight to ground? Too many. I've copped it on here for wanting this dumb prick to cop a fair amount of criticism. He needs to be better. And stop rolling your eyes and looking into the sky or throwing your hands up like a child when someone on your team does something wrong. You are the cause of more errors than anyone out there.

Thanks for the 2nd half though. Maybe because you only played half a game you can give half of your weeks pay (20k) to charity. Or better yet, buy 10k worth of jerseys and give them to some fans.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Broncos are too inexperienced to be a real threat. We've got talent, but it's still a couple of years away. Hopefully we'll have some new spine players by then too.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
This comp is wide open, very few teams are playing great footy and each year one team gets hot at the right time of year, that could be the Broncs.

At least they are winning while still playing terrible. Maybe last night’s second half is the spark that lights the fire that kickstarts the Rebe...season.

I don’t think many posters, if any, think this side is going all that well and even less think they are actually contenders right now.

The point does remain though, this side could become a contender and there is nothing ‘unrealistic’ about that thought given how fairly average all sides are this season.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
This comp is wide open, very few teams are playing great footy and each year one team gets hot at the right time of year, that could be the Broncs.

At least they are winning while still playing terrible. Maybe last night’s second half is the spark that lights the fire that kickstarts the Rebe...season.

I don’t think many posters, if any, think this side is going all that well and even less think they are actually contenders right now.

The point does remain though, this side could become a contender and there is nothing ‘unrealistic’ about that thought given how fairly average all sides are this season.

And few if any are looking at the ladder and our run home. We are one win off equal second place on points...

Our run home is comparatively good and we have a lot of home games in there.

We aren’t playing pretty at the moment but we are still winning. If we improve from here, a top 4 spot and a strong run into the finals with most of our injured talent back is very much on the cards...

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It's a sign of a great player to come back in the second half and be instrumental in your sides win setting up two tries and scoring the match-winner after having a shocking first half.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Does it count as being a clutch player if you’re also a big part of the reason your team needs a miracle?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I was thinking more in terms of downshifting in a truck.

Milford was too far ahead of himself, thinking it was cruise time when in reality he was struggling up the hill, too slow in too high a gear. Realised he needed to put some torque in to it, downshifted, built up the momentum first and then roared through to a win.

Unread

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Ozired
  • johnny plath
  • broncos4life
  • Seibs
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.